Stromer lack of support and a dead st1

Well... since my local shop sent off for two wires to fix this broken ST1 (no_Comm error) and installed them...nothing changed...so now they are ordering me a whole new motor and wheel again....this will be the third new motor since buying this e-bike. ....lucky for me its still under warranty. When my warranty runs out in Jan 2020....am selling this lemon as fast as I can before something else breaks on it....Stromers slow service and lack of reliability has turned me off for good with this brand. I wish all the best to other Stromer owners though.

I have a ST1 Platinum that I bought new on July 4th, 2013, and after thousands of miles, I am very happy with it.

Many years ago, if I remember correctly, I had the same error message and was told to remove the battery door and battery, and then reach down to where the wire connects from the motor to where the bottom of the battery sits. It was very tight, so I had my wife use her smaller hands to reattach the connection. Since then, I have not had anymore issues with it. I hope this helps...
i just bought and spent about 3$ grand on a stromer st1 platinum- thank u for being one advocate

Bluecat,

I said the same thing and thank you for double it down with better details 👌

I definitely think they want people to go middrives only so that we can not repair them . Kind of like cars. Go to your dealership...

Major repair for hub drives is simple- change the plastic gears every few years.

I should stock up on some 1kw Mac motors before they are banned.
The real reason these bike shop owners want you to buy mid drives is so that they can have the repeat business when they need repairing. Chains free-wheels chainrings cables motors ect.

i just bought and spent about 3$ grand on a stromer st1 platinum- thank u for being one advocate
Have my ST1 for almost 5 years. Tires, chains, cassettes were all it had needed for regular maintenance. Had I been better on replacing the chain more often, maybe one less cassette. Last year I had the battery rebuilt with new cells for more Wh than the original. A wipeout on mossy asphalt led to a replacement rack. Last year I found out the hard way that I needed a new bottom bracket after my spd shoe was the only think holding on to the crank arm. I can’t say it was easy to obtain the last two parts, but LBS found them. Good luck!

Have my ST1 for almost 5 years. Tires, chains, cassettes were all it had needed for regular maintenance. Had I been better on replacing the chain more often, maybe one less cassette. Last year I had the battery rebuilt with new cells for more Wh than the original. A wipeout on mossy asphalt led to a replacement rack. Last year I found out the hard way that I needed a new bottom bracket after my spd shoe was the only think holding on to the crank arm. I can’t say it was easy to obtain the last two parts, but LBS found them. Good luck!
very good to hear. i really do appreciate the input. i mean it’s good to hear that there wasn’t any problems as far as just usual wear and tear or thats how it sounds

Back