Strange ST-2 Problem

siclmn

When I am not pedaling it can glide alone at 20mph for very long periods on level roads. When in the stand if you turn the pedals it's the same thing the wheel will just spin forever at 20 to 28mph. I don't think it is supposed to do this. It is behaving like a bike with a throttle and this bike has no throttle.

When I am not pedaling it can glide alone at 20mph for very long periods on level roads. When in the stand if you turn the pedals it's the same thing the wheel will just spin forever at 20 to 28mph. I don't think it is supposed to do this. It is behaving like a bike with a throttle and this bike has no throttle.
I don't have a Stromer, I do have a bike with the same TMM4 torque sensor. The sensor is susceptible to malfunctioning from being dirty, needing calibration or the wheel being improperly installed. The latter I mean the axle being installed with too much or too little torque.

The only issue I've had that produces the effect you describe is dirt accumulation in and around the sensor. I use a plastic safe electronic contact cleaner. I usually clean it once a year.

Yea, like it was mentioned earlier the TMM 4 sensor most likely needs cleaning+reinstall the wheel.

It could also happen if u always ride it in a high gear , high Pas , and if the roads have many potholes ; b/c the TQ sensor is very sensitive. In that case no need for any work just ease off the pedals/easier gear&Pas.

But then you would loose the 20mph+ moto speed w/o pedaling which can be helpfull. You could always stop it with the ebrake.
If it always happens , then sensor needs cleaning+torque adjust+reinstall wheel.

Back