Stormer ST2 Headlight won’t turn off

Neil2018

Does anybody know how to turn off the Supernova headlight on a Stromer ST2. I am not talking about the day time running lights, but the actual headlight. There is a button on the handlebar that should turn it on and off but it isn’t.

Thanks
Neil

It sounds like the remedy is to replace the switch. Contact the dealer you bought it from, the nearest dealer to you, or Stromer themselves. I don’t believe there is a “secret” headlight-off switch.

I noticed yesterday that my brand new ST2 light wouldn't come on. The connector at the handlebars was wiggling loose. A wrap of gaffers tape around the connection stopped the problem. I understand that's a lot easier diagnosis than a light that won't shut off, but I wonder whether there's a control cable that is intermittent. It's at least worth a quick check to see that all the visible connectors are seated and secured properly.

Does anybody know how to turn off the Supernova headlight on a Stromer ST2. There is a button on the handlebar that should turn it on and off but it isn’t.

In Europe, the rules are: bike on = lights on. This is done by firmware, so the button has no function unless a M99pro is mounted. It's the first time I hear about a setting like yours. Personally, I see this as a benefit - and the energy consumption of the headlight is no topic.

1527526758234.png

Does anybody know how to turn off the Supernova headlight on a Stromer ST2. I am not talking about the day time running lights, but the actual headlight. There is a button on the handlebar that should turn it on and off but it isn’t.

Thanks
Neil
Neil, My new ST2S does the same thing. So annoying. Any fix before I call my dealer?

Rincon, Neil specifically said it wasn't the daylight running light.

Bluecat, great you see it as a benefit, I don't. It's a flaw. lol.

Excuse me. Sorry I wasted your time. There are in fact settings in the Service menu that affect both lights and running lights. I don't have the latest firmware, so it is possible there are newer settings as well. Worth a look.

I found this translated from a German website: "According to you can set that the daytime running light is always on (daylight on) and that the headlight is then turned on and off via the switch (dl autonom on)."

[/end sarcasm] you didn't waste my time, but your reply is not relevant to the question, especially given the fact the OP says specifically not the daylight he's having an issue with. He can't turn the hi/low beam off at all, which is exactly the problem I'm having.

I too can google and I too found that website straight off, and the method doesn't work. It will shut off the daylight only (which is what that topic addresses) , but then the headlight looses high beam and is in low beam permanently and still can't turn it off. I then have to reset the settings to get the headlight to function hi/low (still not off). I'll be calling my dealer.

Bluecat, great you see it as a benefit, I don't. It's a flaw. lol.

My daily commute is on common roads with traffic from all directions. Therefore, visibility is all for me. I will not be falsely identified as a slow cyclist. So, I set all lights on.

original poster stated ST2 not an "s", he has not posted back. our S is the same always on at least low, our 2 works as expected on or off

Hi, I heard back from Stromer on this issue. He sent me the following instructions and this did work!

Thanks for all of your help as well.
Neil

Attachments

• Service Menu.pdf
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,842
Back