Step-through with rear rack carrier

zephyr

Hi, I visited a few local stores and couldn't find a bike that could satisfy these criteria, so I'm hoping for a few more ideas. This is for light weekend use, so range isn't super important.

1. Replaceable rear rack to accommodate rear rack child carrier (alternatively, anyone know of a universal one that fits on e-bikes?)
2. Step through style, maybe beach or commute cruiser. Prefer white or gray color
3. Light weight (< ~55 pounds)
4. Fits 5'4" female
5. Purchase or ship to CA Bay Area
6. Budget $2500 USD

Thanks for any help & suggestions!

Full Disclosure: I sell ebikes online and would love to have you as a customer.

That being said, there are a number of ebikes that meet your criteria and are worth considering. Here are a few I think might meet your needs, all from very reputable ebike manufacturers.

Emojo Breeze
Green Bike USA GB2
Phantom Swirl
eProdigy Banff
Espin Flow

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would love to help.

Steve
ReallyGoodEbikes.com
805-881-3365

I'm also small. I've been watching the Yubabikes.com bodaboda which is step through 37 lb and $1700. It has excellent racks, skirts to keep fingers out of the wheel, accessory pads& handles for kids to sit on and be caged after the child seat is gone. It has 26" rear wheel for smoother ride on potholes over their 20" rear wheel mundo. They are having a fall sale with "free accessories". That plus $650 front wheel drive kit gets you to $2350 plus freight & tax. With the extra length behind the seat over standard bikes and the mount rails, you could fit in a child seat plus a small pannier (side bin) for groceries diapers etc.
I just bought a geared 26" electric front wheel 48v 1000 w kit for $200 from ebikeling.com and a 15 AH long range battery from Amazon for $415. The electric wheel can be locked to posts with a cable.
Yubabikes makes an electric bodaboda but they want $3000 for it. With the bosch mid-drive they leave off the front deraileur sprockets which IMHO would be very useful for pedaling up & down hills. I like my exercise, but want more range than the 30 miles I do regularly. The electric wheel I bought has a freewheel in it so it doesn't drag when I'm pedaling. Includes a pedal assist sensor apparently, plus shut off equipped brake handles. A geared wheel is better on hills than a direct drive wheel. Mid drive could go faster than a motor wheel. Bosch mid drive is well respected but not especially powerful.
Enjoy shopping.

Attachments

• Mundo_Breckinridge.jpg
    Mundo_Breckinridge.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 732
  • Yuba-elBoda-White-Sideview.jpg
    Yuba-elBoda-White-Sideview.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:
Hi, if you haven't punched a bike yet, check out Dave, at E-glide.com. They don't have a step through but do have a smaller frame. I bought one delivered for under $2k three weeks ago and can't talk enough about it. Took me 30 minutes to set it up. So far I've tested on hills and for distance with great results. Couldn't be happier. This bike comes with great components and with a powerful motor and battery. Bike weighs just 41 lbs without the battery. Not sold through retailers. They are based in Santa Monica and well worth a look. Dave the designer and owner is the best to work with. I'm based in Sacramento area and ride this bike on many of the areas bike trails. Should have purchased years ago. So much fun. I also purchased a walk through Swagman Sitkka2 rack for the bike. Perfect!
Roland

Thanks for the responses everyone! These are really helpful options. I'll stop by a Yuba dealer and see if I can try one in person - that's my favorite option so far, but not sure whether to convert one myself (sounds difficult!) or to splurge on the budget.

@ReallyGoodEbikes / Steve: From the pictures, looks like only Emojo and eProdigy don't have a custom rear rack. Do you know if they have standard rack eyelets and would fit a carrier like the one @JohnT linked?

@indianajo Love the suggestion - hadn't heard of Yuba but I'll check them out! Have you done the conversion already; how did it turn out?

@Roland Thanks for the recommendation, but pretty set on step through

Any other testimonials for Yuba, Emojo, or eProdigy? I'm not familiar with any of these brands.

Back