Stats after second day of commuting

Daneflyer

My roundtrip commute was 35.3 miles. Difference in elevation about 600ft, it's an uphill trip home. When I arrived home my omni display said only 32% battery remaining, but I don't believe that is right because my Stromer app said 56% which is close to what it was for the first day of commuting . Battery temp was 97 and motor temp was 124 with an outside temperature of 93. I rode most of the way on level 2 both to and from work with some time spent on level 3 on a steep climb at about 12 miles into the commute home. Also had a pretty good head wind coming home. Those last two factors are what made me decide to look at an electric bike. My average speed going to work was 19.9mph and average speed coming home was 18.6. I used to do it on a road bike, but could only do it a couple times a week due to fatigue and a sore butt. Speaking of a sore butt, after that first commute day my butt was sore. I adjusted my seat and wore padded underpants under my shorts today and that worked like a charm, along with the addition of the Kinekt seat post (which is awesome by the way). My goal is to start riding 5 days a week and tomorrow will be the first time I have ridden two days in a row.

Haven't commuted on my ST1x once this year- but have been riding my MTB every day after work - over 20 days in a row on this streak and almost every day since April. You'll feel like a machine very soon ! I stopped commuting temporarily for a couple reasons, but primarily because my fiance is a cyclist and is riding with me, secondarily because i work out of town 2x a week.

Did a 40 mile ride yesterday down to the REI in downtown Denver and here are some stats. I rode almost exclusively in level 1 starting with an 88% charge and riding at between 13 and 15mph. My available miles stayed pretty constant at 248 miles as long as I was in level 1. At some points I went to level 2 and the miles remaining for the charge went to 101miles. On the way home I pretty much stayed in level 2 as my legs were tired, it was hot and it is uphill with a total elevation change of 618 feet. I had a average MPH of 15.7 for the ride home. Miles remaining started at 101 and went down to 67 at the end with a charge percentage of 44%. I had a great time and got some great exercise, which is why I got this bike. I enjoy experimenting with different pedal sensitivity and torque vs speed settings so I can tayor my amount of exercise.

Back