St2 power loss

beer8

it seems my power drops out in level 1 and 2 not all the time though in level 3 never happens. Does anyone else have this problem. Almost seems like the regen is kicking in

it seems my power drops out in level 1 and 2 not all the time though in level 3 never happens. Does anyone else have this problem. Almost seems like the regen is kicking in

This happens when the torque sensor is out of alignment.
I suggest you loosen the rear axle and tighten it back to exactly 20Nm torque. Also, I suggest you recalibrate the torque sensor on the bike. Be careful with the TMM4 and offset voltage.
I have had this issue before and it's an easy fix.

If the symptom continues, then it may be a different issue.

Last edited:
This happens when the torque sensor is out of alignment.
I suggest you loosen the rear axle and tighten it back to exactly 15Nm torque. Also, I suggest you recalibrate the torque sensor on the bike. Be careful with the TMM4 and offset voltage.
I have had this issue before and it's an easy fix.

If the symptom continues, then it may be a different issue.

Ravi, curious as to why 15Nm torque? My understanding is that 20Nm is the correct torque for the rear wheel...and am wondering if 15Nm is to address this problem. Does one have to get into the service menu to recalibrate the torque?

Ravi, curious as to why 15Nm torque? My understanding is that 20Nm is the correct torque for the rear wheel...and am wondering if 15Nm is to address this problem. Does one have to get into the service menu to recalibrate the torque?

Smitty,
You're right. I looked at my notes and it's 20Nm. I stand corrected.
I haven't used my St2 much since Nov and have already forgotten these numbers :D

You can go upto ~23-25Nm but anything below roughly 18NmNm will result in jerky power delivery.
You need to go to service menu to recalibrate it properly. You will also see two different voltage readings. Once you recalibrate it, they should be close enough.

Occasionally, when you go over rough bumps, TMM4 baseline voltage gets affected and the power output gets reduced and this exactly feels like having regen on!

Smitty,
You're right. I looked at my notes and it's 20Nm. I stand corrected.
I haven't used my St2 much since Nov and have already forgotten these numbers :D

You can go upto ~23-25Nm but anything below roughly 18NmNm will result in jerky power delivery.
You need to go to service menu to recalibrate it properly. You will also see two different voltage readings. Once you recalibrate it, they should be close enough.

Occasionally, when you go over rough bumps, TMM4 baseline voltage gets affected and the power output gets reduced and this exactly feels like having regen on!

Thank you Ravi...any insights you might have are always very much appreciated...

Back