ST2 Kickstand replacement

I understand the idea of the kickstand auto retracting but it's REALLY annoying. Anyone replaced with another model. I think I read someone doing just that and curious what model fits.

Ditto here, I cannot keep my crank arm from nicking it each revolution. Tick, Tick, Tick, ugh. I want a new one too. ASAP

After looking at the mounting location last night I'm thinking any of the center mounting kickstands will work such as the Pletscher or Atran. I have a directmount Atran Stylo on my other commuter (Tout Terrain) - awesome stand. Tough to find the Atran stands in the US unfortunately. Looking for the Atran REX!

Thanks for those choices of stands and pics . Beautiful St2. Maybe do a lap or 2 on the new St2s in Houston soon. With a full review, looks like a special bike. MTB's are my main focus.

Last edited:
Thanks for those choices of stands and pics . Beautiful St2. Maybe do a lap or 2 on the new St2s in Houston soon. With a full review, looks like a special bike. MTB's are my main focus.
I've been riding mt bikes since 86 - seen a LOT of change. Curious to hear about what you think of the ST2S. The extended battery will be available for the ST2 as well at some point. I LOVE my ST2 - huge grin on my face every time I ride it. Rode my Tout Terrain to work today which I love but it felt like I was riding in mud. I'm a bit obsessed with bikes as you can see. :)

Attachments

• 20141031-IMG_8676_edited-1.jpg
    20141031-IMG_8676_edited-1.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 472
@Jtschump_sea
@David1

The auto retracting kickstand is annoying indeed. Luckily there is a solution but that requires a little work.
You can view it here it's in German but i can provide a translation for you if needed.
Applied the change myself and it works perfectly.
The hebie 632e mentioned is the same kickstand as on the ST2 but with a feather which keeps it retracted and some sort of elevation below the hingepin to prevent it from autoretracting

http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/stromer-st2-berichte.27180/page-19

Last edited:
Ah.. German Efficiency...lol.. The fix looks pretty straight forward, assuming you have a Dremel tool.

On my Stromer Elite I just went out and bought a PLescher, and it works fine.. Not sure it would eliminat the St2 crank interference.

Ah.. German Efficiency...lol.. The fix looks pretty straight forward, assuming you have a Dremel tool.

On my Stromer Elite I just went out and bought a PLescher, and it works fine.. Not sure it would eliminat the St2 crank interference.
What model PLesher did you use?

@Jtschump_sea
@David1

The auto retracting kickstand is annoying indeed. Luckily there is a solution but that requires a little work.
You can view it here it's in German but i can provide a translation for you if needed.
Applied the change myself and it works perfectly.
The hebie 632e mentioned is the same kickstand as on the ST2 but with a feather which keeps it retracted and some sort of elevation below the hingepin to prevent it from autoretracting

http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/stromer-st2-berichte.27180/page-19
Looks pretty straightforward. I used a translation site so have the details. I don't have any crank interference as I've seen some have. It's acutally a pretty darn good stand except for the retract.

Here you can see the normal Ebike 632.

http://www.hebie.de/parken/mittelbau-fahrradstaender/einbein/632/

The normal has the mounting bold on the upperside and Stromers is mounted from the downside.
The normal has a stopposition and the Stromers not, this is due the law from some European countries.

I like and dislike the Stromers:

Like if you know and take attention for the autoretracting system it is safe and easy.

Dislike if people who don't know are surprized and let fall down your bike. I know and say thanks to one of my colleagues????????
If you or some other hit the bike by accident.
Needs to be cleaned regular or it won't retract very well when roadgrime is projected on the Hebie
when rainy and wet.

I've been riding mt bikes since 86 - seen a LOT of change. Curious to hear about what you think of the ST2S. The extended battery will be available for the ST2 as well at some point. I LOVE my ST2 - huge grin on my face every time I ride it. Rode my Tout Terrain to work today which I love but it felt like I was riding in mud. I'm a bit obsessed with bikes as you can see. :)

Such a stunning beauty to look at!
Looks like a collector's edition.

Thanks evident for link to St2 kickstand modifications. Trouble going to english though. I click at bottom of page but nothing happens, can you help with this. Very appreciative.

find the english version of stromer forum(germany), then find hebie kickstand upgrade, find a dealer who has it, buy it, oversize the hole a bit, and you will be very happy. Its the one "evident" maps out in his post.

@David1

Here is a translation of the german text on the hebie 632. I replaced the standard kickstand with this hebie and it works like a charm.

The kickstand on the ST2 is a problem for which Stromer tried a change because the Pletscher kickstand used up to now is actually unusable. The bike falls when you just look at it not to say when you have a box of sweets on the carrier.
Until there is an official solution I have exchanged it with the Hebie 632 ebike kickstand to fit on the ST2.
A normal kickstand is fastened with a bolt from the bike to the kickstand. On the ST2 it's the other way around, the kickstand is fastened with a bolt on the ST2 frame.
So you have to modify the Hebie 632. First drill out the bolt thread in the kickstand. I drilled it out with an 11mm drill so a M10 bolt can pass easily and you have a little play.
The bolthead is to big for a reversed fitting. So you need to enlarge the place where the bolt will sit.
I used a dremel to do that. In that way the bolt together with a washer can protrude the kickstand and can be easily screwed in the ST2 frame
The Hebie kickstand is more stable ( compared to the pletscher ) because of its longer swing. Look at the provided pictures .

Maybe you will find that the ST2 is too upright with the Hebie632. In that case take of the rubber foot and shorten the kickstand with a hacksaw for 1 or 2 or maybe 3 cm.
You just have to try that

Hope this helps abit, but together with the pictures it should not be to hard to do

Back