St1x tomorrow

Daneflyer

I’m picking up a ST1x tomorrow after lots of reading and riding of many different bikes. I’m going to use it for commuting and general riding. I can’t remember being this excited about a new bike before. Every bike I rode after the Stromer during my decisions making process always had me thinking back to the Stromer and comparing performance and the general feel of the bike. Nothing compared and nothing put a big fat grin on my face like the Stromer did. This one is a 2018 with the color display and the upgraded 814 watt hour battery. A lot of bike for $3,999 compared to what other bikes I rode and what they cost.

Welcome to the Stromer family. I have an St-2 ( 2015 ) still spinning and grinning ? . Congrats , nice choice !!

Congrats! Can’t wait to see your comments.
Now the fun part: many great miles and of course all the great accessories for it. ??‍♂️?

Thanks for the welcome guys. Does anybody have recommendations for a pannier and top bag that they found works well? Also want to add a phone mount that can hold up well to the vibration and jarring that will occur. I know this is a rack time rack, is it best to stay with rack time products or do other brands fit as well?

Thanks for the welcome guys. Does anybody have recommendations for a pannier and top bag that they found works well? Also want to add a phone mount that can hold up well to the vibration and jarring that will occur. I know this is a rack time rack, is it best to stay with rack time products or do other brands fit as well?

Now you get to have more fun choosing accessories. My husband calls this process “pimping-it-out”.

For me, I chose not to put my phone on the handlebars even though I have front shocks. With the higher speed and crummy roads I just felt uncomfortable, no matter how cushioned the phone mount.

Now you get to have more fun choosing accessories. My husband calls this process “pimping-it-out”.

For me, I chose not to put my phone on the handlebars even though I have front shocks. With the higher speed and crummy roads I just felt uncomfortable, no matter how cushioned the phone mount.
Had a delay at the LBS so I pick it up today. How do you like the shocks Marci? I was thinking about having them put on before I pick it up but decided to wait and ride it as is for a while. Plus I think I could find a better pair of shocks at a better price than the Stromer provided shocks. $700 including install seems high. Which route did you go?

Welcome to the Stromer family!
To improve the quality of my ride on my ST1 Platinum, I swapped out my original seat post and handlebar for a Kineckt bodyfloat seat post and Baramind handlebar.

Thanks for the welcome! First commute into work today and , except for the riding on the street which had pavement grinding done in preparation for new asphalt it was awesome. This bike rewards you for work you put into peddling. It doesn’t give power for free. No “everybody gets a trophy” with this bike which is exactly why I chose it. I wanted to start riding to work again after a two year hiatus after my road bike was stolen, but I didn’t want to spend weeks getting in good enough shape to make the 17 mile one way commute. Which also is uphill on the way home with an increase in elevation of about 550 ft. At this point I haven’t ridden home yet but there were some uphill sections that I went to level 3 and blasted up like never before. I thought I was going to spend most of the ride on level 1, but I’m not in the shape I thought I was so spent most of the time in level two. I’ve got 32 miles on the bike and used 28% of the battery. I have the 814wh battery. I am going to order the thud buster short travel seat post to help absorb some of the nasty bumps I encounter during the commute. The mechanic at the LBS recommended the long travel post but I don’t like the way it looks on the bike and I am not sure I need that much travel. I would appreciate any input on the seat post from those who have one. I also want to add a shock to the front. I had forgotten how rough the streets were on my commute. I’m guessing I am going to have to go with the Stromer version so it has the correct mount locations for the fender. That’s it for now, looking forward to the commute home.

Attachments

• 4CBB95A5-29B2-4F6C-911C-DE8EF003A26C.jpeg
    4CBB95A5-29B2-4F6C-911C-DE8EF003A26C.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 650
  • 47DDDABD-9DC4-41A5-8556-5F9B78BA32E4.jpeg
    47DDDABD-9DC4-41A5-8556-5F9B78BA32E4.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 599
Thanks for the welcome! First commute into work today and , except for the riding on the street which had pavement grinding done in preparation for new asphalt it was awesome. This bike rewards you for work you put into peddling. It doesn’t give power for free. No “everybody gets a trophy” with this bike which is exactly why I chose it. I wanted to start riding to work again after a two year hiatus after my road bike was stolen, but I didn’t want to spend weeks getting in good enough shape to make the 17 mile one way commute. Which also is uphill on the way home with an increase in elevation of about 550 ft. At this point I haven’t ridden home yet but there were some uphill sections that I went to level 3 and blasted up like never before. I thought I was going to spend most of the ride on level 1, but I’m not in the shape I thought I was so spent most of the time in level two. I’ve got 32 miles on the bike and used 28% of the battery. I have the 814wh battery. I am going to order the thud buster short travel seat post to help absorb some of the nasty bumps I encounter during the commute. The mechanic at the LBS recommended the long travel post but I don’t like the way it looks on the bike and I am not sure I need that much travel. I would appreciate any input on the seat post from those who have one. I also want to add a shock to the front. I had forgotten how rough the streets were on my commute. I’m guessing I am going to have to go with the Stromer version so it has the correct mount locations for the fender. That’s it for now, looking forward to the commute home.
Great looking ride! I hope you get lots of happy miles.

Welcome to the Stromer family!
To improve the quality of my ride on my ST1 Platinum, I swapped out my original seat post and handlebar for a Kineckt bodyfloat seat post and Baramind handlebar.
I just looked up the baramind handlebar and that may be a good option instead of going with a shock. Thanks for the info. What model did you go with? Was it a easy swap and did it give you a slightly more upright riding position?

I chose the Baramind Trek, because I liked the simplicity of the Baramind handlebar (no adjustments, just swap out stock Stromer handlebar for new one). I photographed the placements of all the pieces on the original handlebar setup before disassembling them. I am not noticing much of a change in riding position with the new handlebar. I can say that this is an improvement on the ride, but not as shock absorbing as the suspension forks on my mountain bike.

Great looking ride! I hope you get lots of happy miles.
I chose the Baramind Trek, because I liked the simplicity of the Baramind handlebar (no adjustments, just swap out stock Stromer handlebar for new one). I photographed the placements of all the pieces on the original handlebar setup before disassembling them. I am not noticing much of a change in riding position with the new handlebar. I can say that this is an improvement on the ride, but not as shock absorbing as the suspension forks on my mountain bike.
I have decided to get the kineckt bodyfloat seat post. I’ve got the 17inch sport frame. Would I need the short post length? Thanks for the help.

I have the 16.5 inch frame ST1, and a 31.6 cm x 35 cm Kinekt bodyfloat. There is about 5 inches of seat post exposed above the frame. I hope this helps with your selection.

Wow, pretty bike! White has always been my favorite. And I like how the frame looks.

Both my ebikes have front shocks and it helps.
Hands down, the very best accessory I purchased was suspension seat post. The extra speed of ebikes in combination with somewhat repaired roads can make a rough ride on the butt & back. I chose Cirrus Kinect but others use Thudbuster.
Here’s a link with some comments on both brands:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/thudbuster-vs-kinekt-seat-posts.28611/#post-203172

Happy riding!

Wow, pretty bike! White has always been my favorite. And I like how the frame looks.

Hands down, the very best accessory I purchased was suspension seat post. The extra speed of ebikes in combination with somewhat repaired roads can make a rough ride on the butt & back. I chose Cirrus Kinect but others use Thudbuster.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/thudbuster-vs-kinekt-seat-posts.28611/#post-203172

Happy riding!
Thanks Marci Jo

Happy riding!
Thanks Marco Jo. I did some research through the forum and decided on the body float. It’s a bit more expensive but I think my butt and back are worth it in the long run. And you are right about the effect of the extra speed. I had a run of about 31 mph to try and keep up with traffic since it was a narrow road with no bike lane and I was really wishing I had some front suspension and the seat post. The seat post should be here in a couple days. I can’t ride to work on Monday so I should have it installed for my Tuesday ride in. Can’t wait to see the difference.

I swapped out my original seat post and handlebar for a Kineckt bodyfloat seat post and Baramind handlebar.

Great suggestions.

it was a narrow road with no bike lane and I was really wishing I had some front suspension and the seat post.

You will be surprised how much difference (Kinect + Baramind handlebar) would make.
Also, you could run your front tire at ~32psi and that makes a positive difference.

Great suggestions.

You will be surprised how much difference (Kinect + Baramind handlebar) would make.
Also, you could run your front tire at ~32psi and that makes
Great suggestions.

Also, you could run your front tire at ~32psi and that makes a positive difference.
Thanks for the suggestions YTOUY. I CHECKED THE TIRE PRESSURE AND IT WAS AT 45psi. Took it down to 40psi, but I think I’ll try a bit lower as you suggested.

I put a small red Arkel handlebar bag on the front with a little bit of super glue under the clamps ,to keep it from rocking down. on the bars .fantastic , extremely well-made. On the rear I have a Racktime pannier ,but I don't think they're made anymore.

It turns out that Amazon will send you a racktime pannier snap it system adapter. The beauty of the adapter is that you can remount almost any rear trunk bag you might have and the trunk will pop on and off to the trunk racket with much ease and use. It is a godsend when you are popping the trunk bag off and on again on a regular basis. It is simple to install the system adapter onto a trunk rack. Check it out on Amazon and by the way, I had to purchase the adaptor out of state some time go.

Back