Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

All in vain...

As I expected, the guys at the TREK LBS (the company has the headquarters there) did nothing. Finally, they got the instruction (must be the same TS25 has shown) and it turned out the guys there were missing the necessary tools. My Vado is being sent to the Specialized LBS of the same company in Warsaw. I don't believe they would do the conversion still on Friday.
Stefan, I sympathize with you. Not having your bike is like missing a part of your life, isn't it.

:( Oh well, there will be other weekends to ride with your brother! Sounds like too many things had to perfectly fall into place for this weekend's ride, and with recovery from the pandemic still so early, nothing is quite running efficiently/effectively yet.

I'm pretty shure that @Stefan Mikes knows as well as I do about KKK history. And he just expressed with his remark what my thoughts were: if that man thought it to be funny he needs custodial care. And if it's a sign of rebellion against the new regulation that mouthface masks are to be worn in the supermarket why to choose that?
So I can't understand @Phyz reaction which sounds like an unjustified attack on Stefan.
@Stefan Mikes did not cast the hood-wearing as funny, he wondered if the Bubba in the photo might have considered it funny. So slow down, peddlers, there is no fight to be seen here.

Finally got my Vado 5.0! It took 2 weeks after ordering at my LBS. They forgot to tighten the seat angle adjustment, didn't adjust the derailleur correctly, and left the front fender a bit crooked, but at least they put a class 1 sticker on it! ;)

I went on an 8 mile ride, hills feel like they're flat, it's wonderful.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 337
Congrats. And the journey begins. You will have soooo much joy.
I have a 2020 Vado 5 and can not describe the joy that it has provided and is providing...

Yes, I also received the Class 1 sticker with my 28mph Vado 4.0 documentation package (but not applied to the bike). (I'm tempted to put it on my wife's Juiced HyperScorpion when we get the bike ;) )

I guess that maybe Specialized shops can restrict the top assist speed on these bikes if the customer happens to want it, or the jurisdiction mandates it?

Congrats on your new bike!

Images that invoke the Klu Klux Klan are generally considered very negatively in most of the States, esp in California where this pic was taken.

Why would someone do this? Press coverage, some sort of protest over the stay at home order, who knows.
The eastern part of San Diego was for many years a conservative Stronghold and had lots of clan activities. Infact the name of the town, that this guy was shopping in (Santee) is known by local San Diegans as “Clantee” because of a violent race based murder of a black marine in the 90’s so unfortunately it is not surprising.

Friends,

It must be some nightmare. The Specialized LBS in Warsaw intends to keep my Vado for two weeks. I start suspecting there is something very wrong with them. Considering a complaint to Specialized B.V.

Worse, the local workshop may not return my Lovelec this week (they claim something serious is broken, perhaps a bearing). A hopeless situation.

This is terrible news Stefan Mikes. Is there no way you can arrange a loaner bike through the shops now that your own bikes will be tied up so long for (warranty?) repair?

There is that old saying: "When life gives you lemons - Make lemonade!" Perhaps it is time for a new e-bike for you? Any new bikes you have been looking at?

Too bad you don't live near me in California - I have loaner e-bikes!

Yes, I also received the Class 1 sticker with my 28mph Vado 4.0 documentation package (but not applied to the bike). (I'm tempted to put it on my wife's Juiced HyperScorpion when we get the bike ;) )

I guess that maybe Specialized shops can restrict the top assist speed on these bikes if the customer happens to want it, or the jurisdiction mandates it?

Congrats on your new bike!
Here in Michigan, the "class system" is a mess. Statewide, Class 1 is permitted on all trails and MUPs unless specifically prohibited; Classes 2 & 3 are prohibited unless specifically permitted. So right now, I can go on a 10-mile ride on a trail that permits Class 1 & 2 (Class 2 is 20mph with throttle) that connects with a Class 1-only trail, which leads right onto a trail that permits anything that requires pedaling (Classes 1 & 3). Moreover, I only know this because I have particular interest in the trail network development; none of these regulations are posted anywhere along the trails as far as I have seen!

However, enforcement is also non-existent unless they catch someone with a gas engine-powered cycle. Other than that, I'm not sure how many enforcement officers care about it or know how to check.

Here in Michigan, the "class system" is a mess. Statewide, Class 1 is permitted on all trails and MUPs unless specifically prohibited; Classes 2 & 3 are prohibited unless specifically permitted. So right now, I can go on a 10-mile ride on a trail that permits Class 1 & 2 (Class 2 is 20mph with throttle) that connects with a Class 1-only trail, which leads right onto a trail that permits anything that requires pedaling (Classes 1 & 3). Moreover, I only know this because I have particular interest in the trail network development; none of these regulations are posted anywhere along the trails as far as I have seen!

However, enforcement is also non-existent unless they catch someone with a gas engine-powered cycle. Other than that, I'm not sure how many enforcement officers care about it or know how to check.
In Ontario Canada class 3 is not legal. However I do see the odd class 3 on the road that I assume were imported from the States. All ebikes are banned from bike trails here but enforcement is non existent. Police have better things to do. But if you run into someone then police will use all the laws to charge you. So responsibility is with the rider to do no harm.

Friends,

It must be some nightmare. The Specialized LBS in Warsaw intends to keep my Vado for two weeks. I start suspecting there is something very wrong with them. Considering a complaint to Specialized B.V.

Worse, the local workshop may not return my Lovelec this week (they claim something serious is broken, perhaps a bearing). A hopeless situation.
Two MORE weeks for the Vado display swap?! This for a well documented procedure that Specialized estimates to take an hour. Our LBS had to replace my wife's TCD display under warranty. They had the bike back the same day. Admittedly the battery nest wasn't involved, but lots of disassembly since the wiring harnesses are integral to the display.

Two MORE weeks for the Vado display swap?!
Ah, the service queue at the Specialized LBS is such long...

The other workshop wants to replace the chain, the cassette and the brake pads in the Lovelec for equivalent of US$120. Suckers! I don't believe that's necessary after just 2000 km on a hub-drive e-bike.
Is there no way you can arrange a loaner bike through the shops now that your own bikes will be tied up so long for (warranty?) repair?
You should be aware TMH Poland is "e-bike backwards country". No help.

It's really the time for the third e-bike but so far Moustache in France haven't replied to my request. My problem is I don't want a 25 km/h e-bike. Yes I could buy a good e-MTB very easily but that makes no sense in the flatland. I need speed. Full suspension if possible. And the bike must look sexy :) There are hardly any bikes like that.

Don't talk Haibike: I don't like them visually. R & M are too heavy.

Now you've really lost me - I love the Haibikes visually.

Of course I used to ride, and then sell BMW motorcycles...

The taste is so individual... I perceive the Vado as the sexiest of them all. Fast innit. What is missing in my Vado is any suspension (I made it up with shock handlebars and air shock dropper post). Moustache Friday 27 FS is fast, FS, beautifully designed, not overly heavy but with poor presence in Poland

Back