Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

By the way, it's not the matter of the ego. Engineers, doctors, in other words "professionals" have first spent several years in the university then had a lifetime career learning more on the way the whole time, and there comes a guy who knows it better because he has got YouTube and Wikipedia 😉

I have not heard about any Bicycle Faculty of any technical university though. E-bikes are novelty. I may understand why the Warsaw Specialized LBS struggle with my Vado but that's their problem not mine. Though I don't trust people who forget inflating tyres in a brand new bike they've just sold.

I have not heard about any Bicycle Faculty of any technical university though. E-bikes are novelty. I may understand why the Warsaw Specialized LBS struggle with my Vado but that's their problem not mine. Though I don't trust people who forget inflating tyres in a brand new bike they've just sold.
In the States there's the United Bicycle Institute, https://bikeschool.com/. It's certainly not a university, it's what we'd call a trade school. They offer a well respected program in bicycle mechanics including a series in frame building. UBI certified mechanics are in high demand here on the West coast. This is the level of mechanic you want working on your bike. The local 'bicycle kitchen' was founded by UBI certified mechanic. He knew just about everything about every brand, from cottered cranks to SCRAM 1:1 derailleurs, and more.

BTW - they have several handy resources including a gear calculator at https://bikeschool.com/resources/gear-calculator that looks up gear-inches for any ratio you're considering. There's even a spoke calculator for those considering building their own wheels and a mechanic's quiz for all the budding home bike mechanics. A perfect 100 was scored just last month!

50mh Police ebike made by Delfast TopCop.
no matter what class eBike you have they can catch you.
Ride safe.

Attachments

• D9B15B94-1026-4080-8B91-789DE830D137.jpeg
    D9B15B94-1026-4080-8B91-789DE830D137.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 355
They offer a well respected program in bicycle mechanics including a series in frame building. UBI certified mechanics are in high demand here on the West coast. This is the level of mechanic you want working on your bike.
Does the School teach electronics? ;)

To my knowledge Californians are enviromental friendly minded, but I didn't expect someone to even use refurbished southern mask from ancient times like this one under the new C19 regulations (picture taken in San Diego County)

facemask refurbished.JPG

What was the purpose? Rebellion against the regulations?

Before another fight starts on this forum, a few observations.

My friend Stefan is from Poland so it should not be presumed that he is attuned to the implications of a KKK hood or its history. The KKK were the group after the Civil War that committed atrocities against freed slaves and had a resurgence in the early to mid 20th Century and are still around today and represent the worst of people, racism and ignorance and mis placed anger as well as cowardice in the need to hide under bed sheet. They are a good lesson in how living in anger is a destructive force. I do not think Stefan was saying he thought it was funny, rather, asking the rhetorical question if the person in the picture thought it was funny.

i do not know that Phyz was attacking Stefan or accusing him of thinking it was funny but I do not speak for what others are thinking.

I think we can all agree that such a display is not only inappropriate today but was never acceptable and return to talking Vado’s and Creo’s.

Last edited:
My friend Stefan is from Poland so it should not be presumed that he is attuned to the implications of a KKK hood or its history. ... I do not think Stefan was saying he thought it was funny, rather, asking the rhetorical question if the person in the picture thought it was funny.

i do not know that Phyz was attacking Stefan or accusing him of thinking it was funny but I do not speak for what others are thinking.

I think we can all agree that such a display is not only appropriate today but was never acceptable and return to talking Vado’s and Creo’s.
I'm pretty shure that @Stefan Mikes knows as well as I do about KKK history. And he just expressed with his remark what my thoughts were: if that man thought it to be funny he needs custodial care. And if it's a sign of rebellion against the new regulation that mouthface masks are to be worn in the supermarket why to choose that?
So I can't understand @Phyz reaction which sounds like an unjustified attack on Stefan.

That man received maximum attention as not only even L.A.Times and Washington Post covered the story but it led to discussions in social media/forums around the world. But there are pictures of him without that mask and the authorities are out to question him.

I think Oberst has saved me the long explanation. To make this short: Idiots are everywhere, and stupidity has no political colours.

I apologise for the miscomprehension.

So I can't understand @Phyz reaction which sounds like an unjustified attack on Stefan.

It may not have been an attack but some might have read it that way so I will only say this:
Who is riding their bike this weekend!
I will with my granddaughter and her new Specialized 24” MTB!

Oberst! I emailed the Warsaw LBS. They promise to give me the TCD-W upgraded and serviced Vado back on Friday, 5 p.m. Meaning they have done nothing so far. If I really get it, me and my brother will have a long ride along the Vistula River on Saturday. Now, if the LBS here in Brwinów return the serviced Lovelec to me on time, I would have a Sunday ride with Ewa and Piotr "Kalon" from Cracow who come here to collect my acoustic Romet Wagant (I'm making a gift to Kalon as I cannot ride traditional bikes anymore). Let's be of a good hope!

All in vain...

As I expected, the guys at the TREK LBS (the company has the headquarters there) did nothing. Finally, they got the instruction (must be the same TS25 has shown) and it turned out the guys there were missing the necessary tools. My Vado is being sent to the Specialized LBS of the same company in Warsaw. I don't believe they would do the conversion still on Friday.

Back