Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Was it the Jedediah Smith Trail you were on? There’s some nice shade in the American River Parkway.

The Ψ symbol on the rim is pretty funny. Probably more appropriate for tires or tubes. Psi, indeed! Actually, it looks like a psi and a bar. These guys, I’m telling ya...
No, we rode south through Old Town Sac, past the Pocket area to Garcia Park and back. Some good shade, but the miles on the river dikes are just hot!

Nice ride home this evening after a little date night at the shop. Como bars cut down about 1.5", Ergon Biocork grips, Racktime panniers, loving it!

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_204323774.jpg
    IMG_20200702_204323774.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_20200702_204331225.jpg
    IMG_20200702_204331225.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_20200702_204340393.jpg
    IMG_20200702_204340393.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 448
Stock rims, heck no! We built them up, DT 350 hubs to Velocity Aileron rims with their custom anno Mango color. Clipless pedals because it's just natural for me, tried to use tennis shoes but I'm too used to clipless at this point unless I'm riding my track bike around town with toe cages.

Stock rims, heck no! We built them up, DT 350 hubs to Velocity Aileron rims with their custom anno Mango color. Clipless pedals because it's just natural for me, tried to use tennis shoes but I'm too used to clipless at this point unless I'm riding my track bike around town with toe cages.
Do like my clipless pedals...😎

Clipless pedals because it's just natural for me, tried to use tennis shoes but I'm too used to clipless at this point unless I'm riding my track bike around town with toe cages.
It seems you've never tried Adidas FiveTen shoes with platform pedals from CrankBrothers, Race Face or OneUp :)

I think Steve Jones is riding in the 510s here:

Sorry for the dumb question, but what difference do platform pedals make?
Platform pedals is another name for flat pedals. Yet MTB platform pedals are equipped with plastic or adjustable steel pins that ensure perfect shoe grip to the pedal, especially if proper shoes are worn (cycling shoes for MTB platform pedals, e.g. Adidas FiveTen Freerider Pro).
P.S. The pedals equipped with pins have a concave surface, making the pedal fit the shoe sole better.

Picked up my Como 5.0 on Saturday. Didn’t really fit in my rack very securely (Kuat Transfer 2), so I ended up putting it inside my car for my 6 hour drive back home.

I am in love! I picked up an 18” pizza today and used bungees to strap the box to the pizza rack. Worked great! I’m looking for a rear rack. Saw a photo of a Como 4.0 with a Racktime I-Valo Tour so I may try to get that one unless there are other suggestions. I’ve searched this thread and the forums but didn’t find anything definitive. The LBS told me the Specialized rack was not made to be installed with the fender on, but they have found a way to make it work by “cutting some metal”!

5F447AF9-7990-4BDB-B2D0-30857EFE2107.jpeg

Majority of EBR Forum owners of Specialized e-bikes ride either a Turbo Vado or a Como. This is natural, as these two major models have been designed for an average cyclist. Turbo Levo and Kenevo are technical ride stuff, discussed on e-MTB fora. Creo is for road cycling fanatics :)

It is quite interesting American versions of Vado are in the majority Class 3 bikes, while the only speed Vado model for Europe is Vado 6.0. Does anybody own the 6.0? Canadians have to be content with the 32 km/h versions, unluckily.

I'd like you friends to talk more about your experiences with your Specialized e-bikes, for good and for bad. Please post pictures if you like.

I fell in love with my 2017 Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0, which I bought in Autumn 2019. I think buying a 2019 or 2020 model would stretch my budget too far. There are four components and a feature I am extremely happy with in my 2017 model:
  1. Rigid fork
  2. 29x2" Elektrak tyres
  3. TRP Zurich brakes
  4. 600 lm headlight and very strong rear light, illuminating the number plate as well
The feature is the beautiful grey colour.
View attachment 45130

When I first mounted the Vado, I was positively shocked with the bike's geometry. So sporty! What I love about my Vado is the agility and the acceleration, both being fantastic, especially in the Sport mode. It is a lot of fun to ride fast!

Now, it is your turn to brag about your Specialized e-bikes!
Great thread, and beautiful bike, thank you. Why do you like the rigid fork as opposed to a suspension fork? Merely the weight?

There's also Ritchey Adjustable > $50 less and adjusts to 60 Degrees > Quality as Well. Do you already have a Vado ? You know Trek has a Speed Pedalec Coming in 30 days . That's Upright I can send you a Picture : I don't want to post it in this Thread for obvious Reasons : *I am considering a Como as well.
I'd like the Trek pic too, if you can share it. Thanks.

I'd like the Trek pic too, if you can share it. Thanks.
Would like to know more about Treks new speed pedalec. Is it the Verve+ 4 that is sold overseas?

I’ve pretty well made up my mind for a Como 4 but would like to know more about the new Trek.

Can I get a pic too please?

There's also Ritchey Adjustable > $50 less and adjusts to 60 Degrees > Quality as Well. Do you already have a Vado ? You know Trek has a Speed Pedalec Coming in 30 days . That's Upright I can send you a Picture : I don't want to post it in this Thread for obvious Reasons : *I am considering a Como as well.
Is it the Verve +4 from Europe?
Would love to see a pic as I’m about to buy and was leaning towards the Como 4.

Great thread, and beautiful bike, thank you. Why do you like the rigid fork as opposed to a suspension fork? Merely the weight?
The rigid fork has some benefits: It is not only lighter than a suspension fork but it also is more stable at high speed, especially on braking. Such fork has to be complemented with pretty thick tyre (2" in this case). I'm riding the Electraks with 42 psi inflation; add to it the aftermarket Kinekt 2.1 suspension seat post and you're happy. I admit I also use the Baramind BAM Trek suspension handlebars. No need for any real suspension on this bike anymore.

Back