Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Do you mean the holes in the calliper are so big loosening the bolts would make the caliper move? If yes, thank you very much for the education, Mark!

right, the hole is perhaps 2mm larger than the shaft of the bolt. this is why loosening it and then braking centers it on the rotor, because it has freedom to move when you do so. then you tighten the bolts and it stays in that position, hopefully still centered on the rotor 😂

50FECAEB-7E0E-43B0-9DFE-61017659D550.jpeg

Continuing the fine-tuning of my Vado’s cockpit….
Installed a set of SQlab 411 inner barends.

Next project I think will be installing a RockShox Reba air fork to get away from the SunTour Mobile A32- someone’s cruel joke to simulate ‘suspension’. 😂

Honestly, I’d even consider a rigid carbon fork and use a Redshift suspension stem, as I’ve enjoyed the results of that stem on other analog bikes, but I can’t find a carbon fork with a similar axle-to-crown height…the Reba in 80 or 100mm is pretty close so that’s my reasoning there.

It’d be so boring without the accessorizing process, no? 🙂

I removed my rear fender off my Vado SL EQ which supports the rear rack. Does anyone know where I can get a support that will hold the front of the rack to the frame area behind the seat post?

20220614_110352.jpg

I removed my rear fender off my Vado SL EQ which supports the rear rack. Does anyone know where I can get a support that will hold the front of the rack to the frame area behind the seat post?

View attachment 125983
Is there a bolt screw hole on the bottom of the seat stay bridge? My Creo has one there where my rack is attached.

Next project I think will be installing a RockShox Reba air fork to get away from the SunTour Mobile A32- someone’s cruel joke to simulate ‘suspension’. 😂
My feelings exactly I am still waiting on my RockShox Judy to come in at the LBS for my Tero.

Interesting data from the Tour Divide Race.
Very interesting video indeed! (It makes me convinced I could take part in a reasonably long gravel race on my Vado SL. I cannot break myself to buy and install aerobars though...)

My feelings exactly I am still waiting on my RockShox Judy to come in at the LBS for my Tero.
I had similar feelings when I was demo riding a Tero 3.0. Are both suspension forks you mention compatible with the bikes?

Very interesting video indeed! (It makes me convinced I could take part in a reasonably long gravel race on my Vado SL. I cannot break myself to buy and install aerobars though...)

I had similar feelings when I was demo riding a Tero 3.0. Are both suspension forks you mention compatible with the bikes?
I was surprised there was no mention of electric in the equipment list:) Imagine how fast they would finish! That would be a good test of electric equipment.

I was surprised there was no mention of electric in the equipment list:) Imagine how fast they would finish! That would be a good test of electric equipment.
The real problem is that if you are expected to only sleep for 4 hours a day, it is not possible to charge batteries for a 280-km daily ride :D I even do not want to think how many batteries would be needed per day! :D Unless you have a SAG car with you to hand fresh batteries to you whenever you want them...

A photo from a short overnight stay, a 553 km gravel ultramarathon in Poland. A couple of riders were allowed to occupy a shed by River Vistula. They slept for two hours, 4 to 6 a.m, then they continued riding...

1655405197446.png

The guy by a Specialized Diverge is my friend Staszek.

I used to work a swing swift. Pretty much experience sleep deprivation for 20 yrs. Two evenings, quick turnaround to two days, then a mid shift. At the end of the week your sleep would be messed up and it would take the days off to get back to normal then you'd start all over again. The quick turn around with 8 hrs between shifts would start the sleep deprivation or mess your sleep habits up, the fourth day would be an early shift, like 6am to 2pm, then go back in 8 hours later to work the mid. Try to get a few hours before the mid and maybe get some on the mid. If you got some sleep on the mid you could stay up the next day but end up going to sleep early evening.

There was a time I'd get off the 4th day, not get any sleep, go in on the mid, maybe get 2-3 hrs sleep, then stay up the next day til normal time to go to bed. So that's like staying up 36-40 hrs with 3 hrs sleep. The mind doesn't function too well after about mid day but physically not too bad. The next day your biorhythm would be messed up so the body/mind would shut down about middle of the day. The day after that would be close to normal. Then you'd start all over again.

So I'd say the 36-40 hours with 2-3 hrs sleep could be a limit. The scary part was when you woke up after staying up such a long period, you lose complete sense of time when you do wake up and it takes a few minutes to get your bearings. For me anyway.

Last edited:
I used to work a swing swift.
For 20 years? That was really cruel! I was working in a sugar-plant for only 112 days on a swing shift, and a given shift was kept for 10 days. No Sundays or holidays of course. Well, only 112 days for a young bachelor was not that dramatic.

For 20 years? That was really cruel! I was working in a sugar-plant for only 112 days on a swing shift, and a given shift was kept for 10 days. No Sundays or holidays of course. Well, only 112 days for a young bachelor was not that dramatic.
At one time our computer team needed computer hours not generally available where I worked. So we got assigned a computer available between midnight and 8am. It was an awful three months.

Back