Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

BLEvo is now where it should be 15.6 mph. I never could change that before prior to update. After the update it allowed me to change it to 17.9 mph because of the 2000 mm wheel size input by the firmware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210202-162931.png
    Screenshot_20210202-162931.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 225
Real miles matches miles now and lines up with the display. Keep in mind that when wheel size is changed by LBS it computes as if that was the size of the wheel from the moment it started registering the data.In other words, your odometer (accumulated mileage) will change according to the Specs of the larger tires as if they were on there all along.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210202-163537.png
    Screenshot_20210202-163537.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 206
If you put Electraks Armadillos 2.0 on your Vado make sure the circumference is changed to 2300 mm.(converts in MC to 90.55 in).
In some 10 days, I'm going to ride to the Specialized Brand Store Warsaw. I will ask them to fix the wheel circumference to 2300 mm.
Not. That will wait till the Spring when I replace the Winter Plus tyres with Electraks.

Kam: I was trying to find Real Kilometres for displaying it in BLEvo but cannot find it?

I've played with my wheel circumference and watched the tech do it on the computer. When the screen comes up there is a toggle that allows either class 1 or class 3. I remember telling the tech not to touch that one:).

FYI my U.S. bikes

Current Update

Vado 5
7.3.4 7.3.4
7.1.1 7.4.1
13.4.0 16.4.0

Como 5
7.20.0 7.20.0
7.1.1 7.4.1
13.4.0 16.4.0

That's a big jump on the one update. Spec needs to identify what the updates are so we can make the choice. I didn't update:). My stuff is working great and I'll let someone else be the guinea pig. Wonder why the discrepancy on the two batteries. Wonder what would happen if I switched batteries and updated the Como battery to the Vado number.
And the updates have to be done at the dealership.

I was hoping the brose motor was something a guy could fix. Doesn’t look like it. Wonder if the bosch motor is just as inhospitable to repair.

I was hoping the brose motor was something a guy could fix. Doesn’t look like it. Wonder if the bosch motor is just as inhospitable to repair.
I think all mid-drive motors from five major manufacturers are not repairable.

I think all mid-drive motors from five major manufacturers are not repairable.
Not completely true. It’s not super easy, but it can be done.

Shimano thread on emtb:

Talks about another process here and a few other places in the forum. Perimeters for wheel circumference allowed by Specialized for the LEvo were 2000-2400. 13% + more speed before the motor stops assisting with 2300 mm wheels set at 2000 mm.
Anyone know the perimeters for Turbo Como wheel circumference?

I was out tooling around on the Como and decided to check my odo calibration number again, under power and without assist to see if there was a difference.

At the odo indicated .5, it was short of the 1/2 mile mark which I expected, both under power and unassisted. At the mile mark, both under assist and unassisted, the odo indicated exactly 1 mile as I crossed the marker which surprised me as yesterday I thought it was still incorrect. It may have something to do with faster speeds and the computer not being able to keep up with the wheel magnet as yesterday I rode the distance faster.

So for the Como 5.0 drivers, if you set your wheel circumference to 2103, you will be pretty much exact on the odo and mph indications. If your Como uses different tires or equipment it may vary, but shouldn't be much.

If you are a Vado driver, I have an inkling your number is going to be 84" or something real close but I still have to verify that someday as I'm curious what this will rout out.
Anyone know the perimeters for Turbo Como wheel circumference?
2103 is close as I could come on como 5 using distance of a mile.

I've just read an owner of a Bosch mid-drive motor e-bike with the Nyon display has to pay to unlock "custom assist modes".
Has anyone of you -- owners of Specialized Turbo e-bikes -- been aware how lucky we've been? (Don't tell Specialized; they might get as greedy as Bosch) :)

Latest firmware for motor/display (7.4 1/16.4) Turbo Vado 5.0 are working great now. Be advised when you update you might have to reset all your presets in MC (uninstall/reinstall) that's what I had to do. I did the troubleshooting myself and figured it out. No thanks to the techs who were unable to figure it out. Including Specialized.

I've just read an owner of a Bosch mid-drive motor e-bike with the Nyon display has to pay to unlock "custom assist modes".
Has anyone of you -- owners of Specialized Turbo e-bikes -- been aware how lucky we've been? (Don't tell Specialized; they might get as greedy as Bosch) :)

If Anyone Considered What The Maximum Vado Tyre Size Was...

...it is 28x2.0" (50-622 or 51-622). I was very afraid Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus studded tyres wouldn't fit my Vado. Oh, these fit perfectly. Even leave more clearance to the fender than Electrak 2.0 Armadillo :)

View attachment 76650
I had the first ride on snow and ice this morning. The tyre pressure was 3 bar (58 psi), and that was 60% of the maximum allowance for these tyres. While my Electraks produced a zig-zag on the first ride attempt, Marathons Winter held perfectly, was it deep snow or icy asphalt. The ambient temperature was "-0.1 C" or "black-ice conditions". I'm so happy with the purchase, even if the price of studded tyres is twice of the regular ones. Low inflation pressure (which is still by half bar higher than the minimum) ensured very smooth ride. Funny thing: These tyres are not noisy at all!

Note: Vado 6.0 (with suspension fork) accepts the same tyre size, so it would be good for any "full" Vado.

Just for you Stefan, we've got well over 12" here, finally got to try out winter mode! 27.5 wheels with Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro's 27.5x2.6, 18psi in the back, 15psi in the front. Too fun!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_092346_01.jpg
    IMG_20210213_092346_01.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_20210213_111208.jpg
    IMG_20210213_111208.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_20210212_142358890.jpg
    IMG_20210212_142358890.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 295
Back