Specialized Turbo Tero Manual?

timacn

Hello. I purchased a Turbo Tero 5.0 with a loose display and am finally (after almost 2 months) getting a replacement sent to me this week.
I went looking around for the users manual to explain how to program the new display and I can't find a manual. A users manual is available online. I started wondering: do most Specialized Turbos come with a physical manual or is the online version the only one available. Maybe I never got one when I bought the bike; I can't seem to remember. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Allan. Do you know if they also publish a physical manual? I can't remember if I got a physical manual with the bike or not. If I got one, I can't find it. Yet.

My Creo and Vado SL came with physical manuals. Specialized suggests putting the sticker with the bluetooth code on the last page of the manual. The Terro with the newer control may do something different.

Thanks, Allan. I just talked to a Specialized dealer and he told me that the physical manuals are no longer available. They only have online manuals. Who knows how accurate that info is?

Thanks, Allan. I just talked to a Specialized dealer and he told me that the physical manuals are no longer available. They only have online manuals. Who knows how accurate that info is?
The info is as accurate as in the printed manuals :)
I'm serious. I got a set of printed manuals for my older Vado and their digital editions are identical.

Thanks, Stefan. I guess I'm more than a little "old school." (almost 70) I still prefer to have a book in my hands, if only to highlight relevant passages.

I still prefer to have a book in my hands, if only to highlight relevant passages.
I'm just 10 years younger.

1637615371667.png

Most of PDF readers allows you searching for context, and highlighting phrases. For that reason I prefer digital documentation.

I prefer the PDF versions too since they are easier to keep and more importantly find if you lose the paper version. I only kept the paper manuals because of bike's info sticker. I'll have to take a photo of the stickers to put in the folder on the computer. I'm 3/4 of the way between you two.

We bought my wife a 2022 Turbo Tero 3.0 a couple weeks ago. It came with a thick manual same as my 2020 Turbo Levo Comp. I don't recall seeing anything in the manual about programing a replacement display.

Her Tero had a short in the control pad wire going to the display. At times the control panel would not work. Our dealer took the display and control pad off the Tero 5.0 on the showroom floor and Specialized is sending them a new one for the 5.0 The sales manager said he had to use the Specialized software to program the computer to my wife's bike and will have to do the same thing with the replacement computer for the 5.0

BTW neither computer would charge our Iphone 11 pros. It will charge my wife's 5th generation Ipad. Go figure.

Thanks, Hammick. I tried to get through to Specialized to ask about the manual, but couldn't get through. Sorry to hear about the glitchiness with your bike's electronics.

Hello. I purchased a Turbo Tero 5.0 with a loose display and am finally (after almost 2 months) getting a replacement sent to me this week.
I went looking around for the users manual to explain how to program the new display and I can't find a manual. A users manual is available online. I started wondering: do most Specialized Turbos come with a physical manual or is the online version the only one available. Maybe I never got one when I bought the bike; I can't seem to remember. Thanks for your help.
I recently bought a Tero 5.0 and It came with a hard copy manual inside the same zip up case that stores the charger and a few plastic bits/alternative mounts.

Ironically mine also had a loose display. The magnet held the display in place when stopped but as soon as I rode over anything it would pop out. The little wings that lock it in place when rotated into the display mount had both broken off. I brought it back to my LBS where I bought it. He looked up Specialized’ inventory, said they have plenty of spares in stoc, it was probably covered in the warranty, and swapped out my display with one from another in stock bike saying he’ll take the warranty replacement and put it on the stock bike when it comes in.

I really like my Tero but I do worry that the design of those little wings are a risk for failure in any kind of crash.

Back