Specialized Turbo Como 3.0

Hi Volts Nice Pictures!!!!!! My LBS called me yesterday and said my bike has arrived going to try to pick it up tonight! (CAN"T WAIT!!!) How many miles you got on yours now?

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! I picked up my Como 3.0 last night. I got it home unloaded it, hopped on, and started riding, what an awesome bike!!!! I only put 20 miles on it last night but was smiling every single one of those 20 miles!!! At the end of my ride the last 2 miles back to my house is uphill and that is why I always stopped my rides short, pedal assist #3 took care of that with ease! This bike will definitely make me ride more often! Before I found myself loading up my old bike and driving 5 miles away in order to avoid the last 2 miles home (I know I sound real lazy by doing that, but that hill is a killer and the main reason I haven't logged many miles on my old bike) The rules have changed with this bike not going to let that hill intimidate me anymore, going to laugh every time I go up it now!! I'm going to shoot for 40 miles tonight, I want to see how far I can go now. (I will eventually take some better pictures only included a picture from picking it up)

Attachments

• 20180612_161552 (1).jpg
    20180612_161552 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 751
IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! I picked up my Como 3.0 last night. I got it home unloaded it, hopped on, and started riding, what an awesome bike!!!! I only put 20 miles on it last night but was smiling every single one of those 20 miles!!! At the end of my ride the last 2 miles back to my house is uphill and that is why I always stopped my rides short, pedal assist #3 took care of that with ease! This bike will definitely make me ride more often! Before I found myself loading up my old bike and driving 5 miles away in order to avoid the last 2 miles home (I know I sound real lazy by doing that, but that hill is a killer and the main reason I haven't logged many miles on my old bike) The rules have changed with this bike not going to let that hill intimidate me anymore, going to laugh every time I go up it now!! I'm going to shoot for 40 miles tonight, I want to see how far I can go now. (I will eventually take some better pictures only included a picture from picking it up)
Congratulations! No not lazy if you went 20 on the first ride and plan 40 for ride two, not lazy in the least. We all have our reason and a mad hill is a good one. Have fun!

How exciting! I do love my Como, after a couple months of riding mine, I'm left with the impression that I've never owned anything as silent, solid, and flawless as this machine. I realize that sounds like hyperbole, especially since on this thread there are people that have not had the same experience as me. I just have 380 miles so far, many of my rides are 10 miles, checking out the neighborhoods from a new perspective.

I see you have the front wheel off in the picture... it's like you slide this big, light bolt out of the wheel, it's greasy, and you think, okay what am i going to do with this now? It's not like the skinny quick releases, and I know ours isn't the only bike with this quality set up, but I sure was impressed with the seeming precision and number of machined mating surfaces involved in the mounting of the axle.

NIGHT #2, Well I fell way short of my 40 mile goal, didn't think it was going to get so hot today it was around 102! But I did manage to squeak out 25.7 miles, and even in the heat I still enjoyed every minute of the ride! But since I'm mentioning the high heat here, I noticed in the Owners manual says to keep the battery out of direct sunlight for long periods, I do understand what they are saying but has anybody had their bike out on a super hot day? On my ride tonight it did cool down to 98 towards the end but I was getting pretty dehydrated need a bottle cage soon! STILL VERY IMPRESSED BY THE COMO 3.0!!!! I'm really bummed out that I can't ride tomorrow night going to be in the Bay Area for work.

Hi Volts, I had to buy an adapter for the Through Axle bolt, I did appreciate the nice machined surfaces! I like the bar i have in the back of my truck I am very picky about keeping my bikes in good shape and the bar with the quick release hub mounts is a pretty safe way to haul bikes to keep them from getting scratched up, and I'm not a fan of the blanket over the tailgate for my mountain bike, I try to keep my truck scratch free too. The through axle is a little harder to deal with but, that might be because I'm not used to it. Really don't expect to see the Como 3.0 in the back of my truck too often I just want to hop on it and ride! But at least I now have the option to haul it in case I decide to Take it to Tahoe or some other cool location.

Well I got back home from the bay area. Went for a ride today still trying to hit my 40 mile goal, once again I fell short. I did log 35.2 miles today but the high winds were killing me, I could've never rode that far on my regular bike. So the real reason for this post is to ask if anybody actually ran out of power with their Como 3.0. I did make it home but was a little worried, battery life was going faster than usual (because of the wind I'm sure) The Battery was down to the last mark and it started flashing just wondering how much longer I had. I have 85 miles on the Odometer now and it is less than a week old, not too bad for missing 2 days of riding. So far I've been through high heat and now super high winds, still very happy with the Como 3.0. Also I haven't seen any posts from jhorrick really would like to hear if he got his Como 3.0 fixed.

I got my Como 3.0 in January 2018 and have about 1200 miles on it. I live in central Florida and usually ride a pretty flat road most of the time. I mainly run in the ECO mode (1 bar), but occasionally boost higher when needed (wind, hills, etc). I keep a log of time and mileage. In ECO mode, I typically get about 3 1/2 hours of ride time and average about 40-45 miles per full charge. Occasionally I can get 50+ miles if the wind isn't too bad. I usually run until the battery is down to one bar, although sometimes it gets down to the flashing mode before I get home. With the battery full, I have found that I get about 45-50 minutes of ride time for each of the first two battery bars. It seems like I get less ride time per bar when it gets lower. That last battery bar is tricky. I may get 20 minutes of ride time before it starts flashing. I wish there was a better way of knowing how much time or mileage I have left before I have no assist. I hope that the Vado/Como Mission Control App will help us get a better handle on what is happening when the battery is low.

So I dropped off my bike back at the bike shop and they had ordered a prom and a display. It was really bad this weekend with the display going all over the place when the surging starts. I told him I do not want the bike back until its fixed and they need to Road test at least 20 miles after the repair to verify all is ok. I do love the bike it is a blast to ride and I hope they get it figured out.

So I got the bike back on Thursday and they had replaced a display, a sim card, fixed a bad connection at display, and installed 2 more shims in battery compartment. They did road test 20 miles like i asked and had no issues. I rode it today 23 miles and had no issues so am very happy that it worked flawless today and hopefully for a very long time. Thanks to Mikes Bike in Walnut Creek for going the extra mile and getting things repaired. Looking foward to putting my new Kinekt seat post and my Sella Royale Ezone saddle and trying it out.

Hi Jhorrick, Glad they actually got you taken care of! Mikes Bikes is great up here in Folsom and also in Sacramento, I got my Como 3.0 From Roseville Cyclery, I actually test rode the Como 2.0 at Mikes Bikes but Roseville is just a little bit closer, both great bike shops! I really hope all the gremlins on your bike have been taken care of!

Today I set no goals, I left the house and just wanted to go for a ride! This bike reminds me of my very first bike, that first bike (a real dinosaur by todays standards) was my ticket to freedom I would ride for hours when I was a kid (many many many years ago), this bike for some reason reminds me of my first bike, don't know why but it just does. When I get home I just can't resist hopping on and taking a quick spin around the block (glad it has a built in headlight and tail light just a push button away) Anyway back to today's ride, I just went back to the American River Bike Trail and just cruised for the fun of it today. Took in the sights and stopped along the way to watch the rafters really had no direction picked out when I left, I haven't done this in years, it was actually a lot of fun. I think the Como 3.0 made this possible for me, probably the most relaxing day i have had in a long time. I still got in 23 miles, and pushed a little when I wanted to go fast and just cruised when I felt like cruising, this bike has made biking fun again. I did take a couple pictures to prove I actually have ridden it. :cool:

Attachments

• 20180617_150745.jpg
    20180617_150745.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,196
  • 20180617_150637.jpg
    20180617_150637.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,170
OH NO! Been in the Bay Area the last 2 nights came home and wanted to go for a quick ride. I put my battery back in hit the power button and no display! Damn! I think Jhorrick's Gremlins have been passed on to me. I still went for a short ride the Pedal Assist was definitely there the Headlight and Tailight worked, but no Display! I charge my battery off the bike I rode until the battery was flashing on Monday night and the display was working. Tonight I took the battery out a couple times and reinstalled it nothing took the display off then put it back on nothing, tried wiggling it in the holder still nothing. I guess its going back tomorrow night, Dammit! I was going to try to go to Tahoe this weekend :-(

OH NO! Been in the Bay Area the last 2 nights came home and wanted to go for a quick ride. I put my battery back in hit the power button and no display! Damn! I think Jhorrick's Gremlins have been passed on to me. I still went for a short ride the Pedal Assist was definitely there the Headlight and Tailight worked, but no Display! I charge my battery off the bike I rode until the battery was flashing on Monday night and the display was working. Tonight I took the battery out a couple times and reinstalled it nothing took the display off then put it back on nothing, tried wiggling it in the holder still nothing. I guess its going back tomorrow night, Dammit! I was going to try to go to Tahoe this weekend :-(

Sorry to hear of the display going out, I hope you get an explainable cause to pass along. Thanks for sharing your experiences so far!

My como is doing fine, I'm still waiting for the girlfriend's Low-Entry (their nomenclature) Como 3.0 to come in. Anyone out their have one they'd like to share a picture of?

UPDATE! Friday Night got home from work and was going to take the Bike back to my LBS, but decided to try the power switch just to see what would happen, to my delight the display magically worked again, called the bike shop to let them know I wouldn't be bringing it up to them. So I rode it on Saturday (It was Damn hot here in Sacramento!) just put in a leisurely 15 miles, needed to find shelter too HOT. Glad to report I had no problems on Saturday. Today made sure the battery was fully charged put it back in the bike powered it up and everything was good, took off for a bike ride, my longest one yet got in 41 miles, and had no problems!! Can't explain what happened last Thursday night but I'm glad its all working now. I have noticed that the Battery is a little hard to get seated, the first time I put it in I noticed it actually wasn't in, so now when I install it back in the bike I make sure to listen for the little click. But last Thursday Night I thought maybe I didn't have the battery in correctly so I took it out and reinstalled it a couple times, but as I said in earlier post Pedal Assist and Headlight and tail light was working just fine. Took a couple pictures to prove the bike isn't collecting dust in the Garage;)

Attachments

• 20180624_182021.jpg
    20180624_182021.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 854
  • 20180624_190844.jpg
    20180624_190844.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 720
UPDATE! Friday Night got home from work and was going to take the Bike back to my LBS, but decided to try the power switch just to see what would happen, to my delight the display magically worked again, called the bike shop to let them know I wouldn't be bringing it up to them. So I rode it on Saturday (It was Damn hot here in Sacramento!) just put in a leisurely 15 miles, needed to find shelter too HOT. Glad to report I had no problems on Saturday. Today made sure the battery was fully charged put it back in the bike powered it up and everything was good, took off for a bike ride, my longest one yet got in 41 miles, and had no problems!! Can't explain what happened last Thursday night but I'm glad its all working now. I have noticed that the Battery is a little hard to get seated, the first time I put it in I noticed it actually wasn't in, so now when I install it back in the bike I make sure to listen for the little click. But last Thursday Night I thought maybe I didn't have the battery in correctly so I took it out and reinstalled it a couple times, but as I said in earlier post Pedal Assist and Headlight and tail light was working just fine. Took a couple pictures to prove the bike isn't collecting dust in the Garage;)
The review video on this site also mentions the battery seating peculiarity, mine also. Thanks for the riding report, getting hot in the center of your state you say? The pictures look great. The simplicity of the lines on this machine are attractive. While waiting for my girlfriends Low-Entry Como 3.0 to come in, we've gone to a different bike shop every weekend here in Portland, OR to rent an electric for her. I look at all the bikes in the shops and I just don't see anything that looks like the Como. I'm happy with it at almost 500 miles. We have so much fun riding around the city, seeing it from a different vantage point, going fast, going slow, stopping for a coffee here and later a lunch there.

For her the Como stands out with it's bigger tires giving more cushion, it's higher speed, and bright paint job. And she got an Infiniti vehicle so I got an Infiniti, I got a Specialized, she wants to get a Specialized. Romance. At 61, this bike is my savior, I love how it gets me out wanting to ride it every chance I get. I take off for solo rides throughout the week and feel myself getting in better shape.

The review video on this site also mentions the battery seating peculiarity, mine also. Thanks for the riding report, getting hot in the center of your state you say? The pictures look great. The simplicity of the lines on this machine are attractive. While waiting for my girlfriends Low-Entry Como 3.0 to come in, we've gone to a different bike shop every weekend here in Portland, OR to rent an electric for her. I look at all the bikes in the shops and I just don't see anything that looks like the Como. I'm happy with it at almost 500 miles. We have so much fun riding around the city, seeing it from a different vantage point, going fast, going slow, stopping for a coffee here and later a lunch there.

For her the Como stands out with it's bigger tires giving more cushion, it's higher speed, and bright paint job. And she got an Infiniti vehicle so I got an Infiniti, I got a Specialized, she wants to get a Specialized. Romance. At 61, this bike is my savior, I love how it gets me out wanting to ride it every chance I get. I take off for solo rides throughout the week and feel myself getting in better shape.
I'm on the downhill side of the 50's closing in on 60, and I never thought i would have almost 200 miles in less than 2 weeks! (if I was home everynight I would've exceeded 200) I too saw the Como 2.0 and fell in love with it immediately, then I rode it and knew that was the bike! I've been looking for over a year and really wasn't sure which way I was going to go, I wasn't a fan of Specialized rear hub motor and stopped looking at Specialized (which killed me because I'm a huge fan of Specialized Bikes) and somehow missed out when they introduced the mid enigine Brose motor (all the bike shops around here had the old Specialized Bikes with the rear hub motor). This Bike has really motivated me to ride again, I've been wearing my fitbit and start the bike ride mode when I start riding and am amazed at how long I'm in the Cardio Zone (Yesterday's ride I was in the Cardio Zone for over 2 hours that would've never happened on the treadmill in the gym) When I first mentioned I wanted an E-bike my wife told me how much lazier can you be? You might as well save the $ 3,000.00 + dollars and just stay at home and watch TV (Having fun proving her wrong right now) . BOTTOM LINE Love the looks of the bike, love the Silky Smooth Motor and the fact that it rides like a bike with no power and super quiet!

I'm on the downhill side of the 50's closing in on 60, and I never thought i would have almost 200 miles in less than 2 weeks! (if I was home everynight I would've exceeded 200) I too saw the Como 2.0 and fell in love with it immediately, then I rode it and knew that was the bike! I've been looking for over a year and really wasn't sure which way I was going to go, I wasn't a fan of Specialized rear hub motor and stopped looking at Specialized (which killed me because I'm a huge fan of Specialized Bikes) and somehow missed out when they introduced the mid enigine Brose motor (all the bike shops around here had the old Specialized Bikes with the rear hub motor). This Bike has really motivated me to ride again, I've been wearing my fitbit and start the bike ride mode when I start riding and am amazed at how long I'm in the Cardio Zone (Yesterday's ride I was in the Cardio Zone for over 2 hours that would've never happened on the treadmill in the gym) When I first mentioned I wanted an E-bike my wife told me how much lazier can you be? You might as well save the $ 3,000.00 + dollars and just stay at home and watch TV (Having fun proving her wrong right now) . BOTTOM LINE Love the looks of the bike, love the Silky Smooth Motor and the fact that it rides like a bike with no power and super quiet!
Your post is so motivating to me, you are doing great with your bike!

Back