Specialized shop with medium framed Levo sitting there

Dallant

Region
USA
I took it for a test and liked it but $5k seems a bit outrageous. They have a small Levo SL too but $7k is nuts. Is this part of the recent price increases?

The SL you mention must be made of carbon fibre. Five grands for a premium aluminium e-MTB is a regular price.

The SL you mention must be made of carbon fibre. Five grands for a premium aluminium e-MTB is a regular price.
The SL evidently stands for Super Light with carbon fiber and has a less powerful motor. The Levo came with no display but I did really like it. It climbed a very sharp incline well but I didn’t quite have the cadence right so I had to bail out just before the top.

Attachments

• DD8F1FB1-51BB-4BB0-8EC5-28EBFA94D246.jpeg
    DD8F1FB1-51BB-4BB0-8EC5-28EBFA94D246.jpeg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 200
Oh, Jim already wrote the facts before I did it. Levo comes without the display. You can either buy the wireless TCD or keep smartphone in your pocket or you can connect the bike to your smartwatch. It is not a Bosch e-bike 🙂

@Dallant, five grands is the money that perhaps buy you Trek Rail 5 or Giant Stance E+ (not sure on Trance E+ though).

Ok, what’s the diff between Levo and Turbo Levo Comp?
there is no naturally aspirated (non-turbo) levo, but the base turbo levo is aluminum frame, 500wh battery. Turbo levo comp is aluminum frame, 700wh battery, other improvements to the components. Turbo levo expert and up are carbon frame, 700wh battery, lots of other improvements. there are also all new versions this year, easily identified by the new display / control unit on the top tube which has a little screen!

What should I be most concerned about if buying a used 2019 Turbo Levo Expert?

What should I be most concerned about if buying a used 2019 Turbo Levo Expert?
The 2019 model came with the 2.1 motor (Brose S Mag, 90 Nm), the TCU (bike controller that is Bluetooth/ANT+ compliant), and the current M2-700 battery. It is generally modern by today's standards. There are three things to be careful about:
  • The number of charging cycles on the battery (it can be checked with Mission Control app). A new battery is expensive.
  • The health of the drivetrain and of the brakes. Was the original owner careful to maintain it? The premium drivetrain and brake component are costly.
  • The warranty. Since the 2.1 motors happened to have some issues, Specialized greatly extended the warranty on the motor. Is the Levo in question eligible for that Extended Warranty? Is the Extended Warranty transferable? (A Specialized LBS should be able to answer these questions).
Also be aware that Specialized e-MTBs come without a display. The wireless optional TCD display is not that expensive, yet still costs money. The concept is you do not need a display on technical rides, the TCU shows the battery charge state by a large 10-bar indicator on the top tube. The rider can be connected to the bike by a smartphone kept in the pocket. Garmin/Wahoo, smart watches can be used instead of display.

@Twin Valley: What MY Levo and what model are you riding? Your experiences?

Last edited:
Back