Specialized Creo SL Fender, anyone?

Yep the speed rockers er... rock. Have them on my Vado SL, second winter. Superb.

IMG_0581.jpeg

Same here - it's a great fender and can be quickly changed to other bikes you might be lucky to have.

BTW - what are you doing with electrical tape on your seatpost? Trying to determine best height?
LOL. Yeah, I was playing with seat height and it was an easy way to mark the position. I like the posts that have a gauge printed on them!

I learned today that when Specialized says you can’t install fenders on a Creo with 42mm tires, they ain’t kidding. LBS manager told me Speedrockers would work, but I’ve discovered that there isn’t enough clearance between the front tire and the downtube. I definitely need fenders around here this (haha….most) time of year, so I’ll be downsizing to 38’s. I’m not interested in less than full-length fenders, so I don’t see any other options. Should make for an interesting discussion with the LBS.

I don't know the brand but I added really narrow fenders to my Creo and when the bike shop tried larger tires (38's, perhaps) they did not fit. Back to the 32's! (and I'm really posting to see why no new posts have appeared in this subforum over night! :eek: )

Why? I have found temporary fenders such as Ass Savers working well for me in the warmer season (and these do not add weight). Just asking.
Primarily because I don’t want to spray anyone following me. I’m also thinking I may need to spend a little less time cleaning the bike.

EDIT: But, I think I’ll buy some Ass Savers and see what happens. Thanks for asking.

Primarily because I don’t want to spray anyone following me. I’m also thinking I may need to spend a little less time cleaning the bike.

EDIT: But, I think I’ll buy some Ass Savers and see what happens. Thanks for asking.
@rayray: although MTB solutions are not what you would use on a road/gravel e-bike, I'll try to post how my brother protected his e-bike. Tomorrow.

Stefan, no pressure, but have you had an opportunity to get a picture or link showing your brother’s solution?
1651031391755.png

You would not like it: These makeshift fenders protect the rider and the e-bike perfectly but not do anything for the people around. He uses full SKS fenders (detachable) for the winter.

View attachment 121486
You would not like it: These makeshift fenders protect the rider and the e-bike perfectly but not do anything for the people around. He uses full SKS fenders (detachable) for the winter.
Yeah, that wouldn’t work when riding with others. However, the rear Speedrocker does fit reasonably well with the 42mm tires, so I could get by with something similar to your brother’s on the front.

Did your brother create the piece protecting the motor area, or is that a commercially available product?

Thanks for putting your time into this. Greatly appreciated!

so I could get by with something similar to your brother’s on the front.
Try an Ass Saver. Our Specialized dealer carries the brand!

Yes, he created the motor-protection flap himself. Jacek is a very clean and tidy person: He's even protected his MTB rear-brake against soiling! (A very specific matter a few would have thought about).

Try an Ass Saver. Our Specialized dealer carries the brand!

Yes, he created the motor-protection flap himself. Jacek is a very clean and tidy person: He's even protected his MTB rear-brake against soiling! (A very specific matter a few would have thought about).
Yes, Ass Saver is one I had in mind, as I’d seen it mentioned here. I’ll have to fiddle with the motor protection as well. Good thing I’m retired, so I have time for all of this! :)

Yes, Ass Saver is one I had in mind, as I’d seen it mentioned here. I’ll have to fiddle with the motor protection as well. Good thing I’m retired, so I have time for all of this! :)
The motor is waterproof. The protection is only meant to keep the motor mud-free :)

The motor is waterproof. The protection is only meant to keep the motor mud-free :)
Yes, but I’m thinking it may provide some protection to the running gear as well. After my ride in the rain last week, the chain and gears were a mess. I did find an item, the Speed Mullet, on the Ass Saver site that I’m hoping will fit and help with that. I ordered it today.

Back