Specialize S-Works Turbo Levo FSR 6Fattie/29 (Carbon)

Well, Specialized appears to have built a better e-MTB
Lighter
Stronger
Faster
... all the cliched "upgrade" boxes checked ...
Carbon frame and rear triangle
XX1
Ohlins
upgraded motor and battery
walk mode and bar control for modes
phone app for precise customization
S-Works Turbo Levo FSR 6Fattie/29
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

https://bikerumor.com/2017/07/15/new-specialized-turbo-levo-carbon-e-mtb-races-w-power-less-weight/

Is there an expected time for this bike to be reviewed by EBR?

I plan on buying from a local shop and would like to recognize EBR (for prior reviews of the Turbo Levo) and the local shop so Specialized realizes how people decide to do things like buy a $10K electric mountain bike.

I do ebike reviews too so I'll wade in here... Court and co (and me) can do reviews of commodity bikes and be a source of information for a bike like the Carbon Levo, but you should not buy a bike like that based on a review by someone who doesn't ride like you or in the terrain that you ride. It's a serious beast of a top-end MTB. You know everything that Court can tell you already.

The difference in the upscale models is in handling. That's it...

So my advice is, ask for a demo. Ride the bike where you intend to use it and make up your own mind about whether or not to drop that sort of coin on a top-end bike, or save a ton and buy one of the lower-specced ones (that by the way have the identical v1.3 drive and bettery).

I don't disagree with your observation, only to say that EBR doesn't tend to give "ride" reviews so much as "hands on" qualitative comparisons and "stuff that's not in the brochure" journalism in terms of what's up with the new motor, the battery and charging, the model differences, etc.
The local bike shop is a good Specialized dealer with great support and willingness to adapt to my preferences as well as the skill to do the fitting of the bike (as detailed in two of EBRs videos.)
I'm not expecting any reviewer to pontificate on what I should buy; I trust what I've seen on EBR and I don't have access to the bike, yet, it's just plain not in stock locally. I've ridden the 2017 bike and decided to wait for the rumored carbon frame, and things like the walk mode appeal. All the upgrades appeal, the XX1 and Ohlines ... and same sticker ... now I'm just talking myself into it ... : )

Back