SPARK BIKES - UPDATE Aug 6, 2019 : Just had contact with SB company owners....

HyperCat77

UPDATE (Tuesday, Aug 6, 2019) : Hello Again Everyone....I just today called SPARK BIKES and received more info on the Trump tariffs / SPARK BIKES e-bikes USA availability situation and will post the full UPDATE here, ASAP.

Last edited:
Are you on the right site? Sparkbikes.ca. I was just on there and all bikes I looked at were in stock. Maybe that just changed today?

Weird, there must be a parallel universe. I do not see the American site but here is a screen shot I just took off their Canadian site.I just picked out this bike for a shot but others say in stock shipping now or shipping Aug 9. OK, I just found the US site and yes they are all sold out. Maybe they have a separate warehouse in the US with no stock. Maybe you should call them at 1 888 369 6999

Attachments

• 296A1F1F-88C4-4FCE-9334-46F37FEB2C1D.png
    296A1F1F-88C4-4FCE-9334-46F37FEB2C1D.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 577
Hello everyone,

Sent email to Spark Canadian Customer Service asking when USA site will be up and running. Their reply, dated Aug 19, was "Unfortunately pre-orders are not available in the US until October." So it is not looking good for shipping in the US for awhile.

Last edited:
As of Oct. 2, new estimate from Spark Customer Service is "the launch will most likely be late October."

Called today, Oct 31, and estimate for US site launch is now Jan 2020 due to production problems. I did receive an email from Spark Support and they will now ship to the US from their Canadian website. There is an additional $99 shipping charge and payment is in Canadian dollars. Converting to US dollars the total is actually cheaper than US site, even with add'l shipping charge and they don't collect sales tax to the US. But I have no idea what duties, taxes or fees would be incurred importing to the US. Also, support confirmed that the Canadian version of the Spark Mini, that I have been looking at, is not the same as the US one. Mainly the US version has a 750 watt motor vs the Canadian one with a 500 watt motor.

The new RX looks like a beast with the M620 Bafang mid-drive motor (160 Nm of torque and can be hacked to run at 2500W).

Just looked at the two sites - they're the same other than the url suffix.
I like the Blade - cool little e-minibike. 👍

Canada site says 'in stock', US site says 'sold out'.
They're going to have two DC's? But CA is shipping to US now?

Back