Spare Battery

NJC581

Hi everyone, for those who have a spare battery what are you guys using to carry it with you safely during your bike ride?

If anyone is interested in looking for a pannier that fits really good on the Lectric XP rear rack these will do and can hold the 17'' inch spare battery at an angle. I just got mine today and it works great. Will post pictures soon.

I just got my spare battery from AliExpress today, 48v 14ah battery. Here are pictures I have with my Ibera Panniers. I used the Styrofoam that came in the packaging for the battery and cardboard whiskey bottle dividers to hold the battery securely in the pannier. These panniers are water resistant I believe and it comes with water/weather proof covers which I put on in the last two pictures. If anyone is looking for a way to carry their spare battery here is a good option. These panniers also have a lever to take on and off the rear rack a lot easier. Next thing to do is test out the spare battery range. I am going on a 30 mile bike ride within this week if weather permits that has a lot of very steep hills. I will keep everyone posted on how this 48 v 14ah battery did.

Attachments

• IMG-3545.jpg
    IMG-3545.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG-3546.jpg
    IMG-3546.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG-3543.jpg
    IMG-3543.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG-3547.jpg
    IMG-3547.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG-3548.jpg
    IMG-3548.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG-3549.jpg
    IMG-3549.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG-3550.jpg
    IMG-3550.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG-3551.jpg
    IMG-3551.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG-3540.jpg
    IMG-3540.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG-3541.jpg
    IMG-3541.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG-3542.jpg
    IMG-3542.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 401
Sounds great.So is that not the stock battery that comes with our XP’s? Larger capacity battery sounds like a great option.

Sounds great.So is that not the stock battery that comes with our XP’s? Larger capacity battery sounds like a great option.

I wish it was the stock battery size, the stock battery is a 48v 10ah battery. I heard and read that folks on here have gotten this 48v 14ah battery an it get more range. I haven't been able to find out exactly how much more but I guess that really depends on how and where you ride.

Several others have reported being happy with the Ortlieb E-Mate pannier. It is specifically designed to carry a spare battery.

Personally I had a pair of Ortleib Back Roller panniers that I was very happy with so I just kept using them on the new ebike. To carry a spare battery (that I borrow from my wife's ebike) I line the pannier with closed cell foam and velcro extra foam to the battery and slide it into place. It's been working very well.

Several others have reported being happy with the Ortlieb E-Mate pannier. It is specifically designed to carry a spare battery.

Personally I had a pair of Ortleib Back Roller panniers that I was very happy with so I just kept using them on the new ebike. To carry a spare battery (that I borrow from my wife's ebike) I line the pannier with closed cell foam and velcro extra foam to the battery and slide it into place. It's been working very well.

The Ortlieb E-Mate panniers are really nice, I was definitely considering it especially the fact it is designed to carry a spare battery but it was out of my budget and it costs double what I paid for the Ibera panniers.

I just got my spare battery from AliExpress today, 48v 14ah battery. Here are pictures I have with my Ibera Panniers. I used the Styrofoam that came in the packaging for the battery and cardboard whiskey bottle dividers to hold the battery securely in the pannier. These panniers are water resistant I believe and it comes with water/weather proof covers which I put on in the last two pictures. If anyone is looking for a way to carry their spare battery here is a good option. These panniers also have a lever to take on and off the rear rack a lot easier. Next thing to do is test out the spare battery range. I am going on a 30 mile bike ride within this week if weather permits that has a lot of very steep hills. I will keep everyone posted on how this 48 v 14ah battery did.

Can you link to the battery you purchased? I am seeing some on there, they are pricey at $300 + $30 s/h...

Back