spare battery

I'm not sure about the fit on a Rad but panniers work best for me to carry one or two spare batteries. The weight is carried low which helps riding performance by lowering the center of gravity.

My friend is 3D printing (and selling) a mount that fits to the Rad Mini and the Rad City (The Rad runner is at the prototype stage, and mounts under the rack and rear seat) and allows you to mount and lock, (using your existing keys), a second Rad battery to your factory Rad rack. Let me know if you want his details. I have an early prototype on my Rad mini that works just great and has doubled my range and removed my range anxiety that arose when I upgraded to a 25A controller. I have no concerns over handling btw. It is no different than any other 7.7lb load on the rack. e.g. you don't even notice it when riding.

IMG_20200513_164746.jpg

Last edited:
any ideas on how to carry a second battery with you on bike?
MRI Denver Makes a CNC battery plate to carry an extra battery bolts on to a rad rack. $109.99, For $68.46 more you can get an extra plate so you can put two batteries on, I have the single on my red mini step through, solid works great.

MRI Denver Makes a CNC battery plate to carry an
F4F7BE7A-C412-4519-86E6-7482D26C8791.jpeg
extra battery bolts on to a rad rack. $109.99, For $68.46 more you can get an extra plate so you can put two batteries on, I have the single on my red mini step through, solid works great.

I saw that bracket from MRI, but the cost put me off. I'm sure it's a well made, highly durable piece of kit, but it's close to a 10% increase on the cost of the bike. I mentioned to my friend who does 3D printing and he was able to make a strong, light and much much cheaper version. I think his version will sell for $30 or maybe even less. Horses for courses....

I saw that bracket from MRI, but the cost put me off. I'm sure it's a well made, highly durable piece of kit, but it's close to a 10% increase on the cost of the bike. I mentioned to my friend who does 3D printing and he was able to make a strong, light and much much cheaper version. I think his version will sell for $30 or maybe even less. Horses for courses....
Please keep us informed on how to order this when he goes into production, thanks

I can fit a battery in my Panniers of my Topeak 22.6 L MTX DXP rack bag. The bag comes in QuickTrac (on my Rovers w/ Topeak super uni rear rack) or velcro strap (on my Radcity Step-Thru) versions. I have two 2016 Radrovers and the smaller 2016 11.4ah battery fits inside the top of the same Topeak rack bags leaving the side panniers free for gear.

rad battery III.jpg

rad battery II.jpg

Newer battery to long to fit inside top rack bag like the older battery can:
rad battery.jpg

My friend is 3D printing (and selling) a mount that fits to the Rad Mini and the Rad City (The Rad runner is at the prototype stage, and mounts under the rack and rear seat) and allows you to mount and lock, (using your existing keys), a second Rad battery to your factory Rad rack. Let me know if you want his details. I have an early prototype on my Rad mini that works just great and has doubled my range and removed my range anxiety that arose when I upgraded to a 25A controller. I have no concerns over handling btw. It is no different than any other 7.7lb load on the rack. e.g. you don't even notice it when riding.

View attachment 55351
i like that please let know when it is available thanks!

@clubby , @BTfl . Here are some pictures of the pre-production prototypes that my friend produced for my mini and my city. The one on the mini is a VERY early prototype in PTEG to prove the design, it was produced in two pieces due to the size of his printer, but, that said, it is still working just fine :) . However, he felt that the finished product wasn't quite strong enough and wanted to print it as a one piece print, so has moved to Carbon Fiber Nylon filament and a much bigger printer, so he can make them in one consistent print. The dark grey mount on the city is super light and super strong. Pricing though is likely to be $45 as the raw materials are much more expensive.

I'm talking with him later today and will get his desired contact details should anyone want to reach out.

IMG_20200628_165028.jpg
IMG_20200628_165036.jpg
IMG_20200628_165045.jpg
IMG_20200628_165202.jpg
IMG_20200628_165219.jpg
IMG_20200628_165223.jpg

@clubby , @BTfl . Here are some pictures of the pre-production prototypes that my friend produced for my mini and my city. The one on the mini is a VERY early prototype in PTEG to prove the design, it was produced in two pieces due to the size of his printer, but, that said, it is still working just fine :) . However, he felt that the finished product wasn't quite strong enough and wanted to print it as a one piece print, so has moved to Carbon Fiber Nylon filament and a much bigger printer, so he can make them in one consistent print. The dark grey mount on the city is super light and super strong. Pricing though is likely to be $45 as the raw materials are much more expensive.

I'm talking with him later today and will get his desired contact details should anyone want to reach out.

View attachment 57175View attachment 57176View attachment 57177View attachment 57178View attachment 57179View attachment 57180,
please send me the information when you have it thanks.

So, I reached out to him and his printer was down, but he just just pinged me to say it is now repaired and he can start producing battery mounts if anyone wants one.

His email is [email protected].

BTW, I saw a beautiful orange mount that has a carbon nylon honeycomb in fill that looked great. I forwarded on this thread to him and he is going to register on this forum.

@clubby @Kyogiro @BTfl

Last edited:
I have a step through and I mount the battery on the frame with big hose clamp. This way the weight is more distributed on my rad city 3

So should I start a new thread on the same topic?
By all means, no - why would adding clutter to a board increase the chances of a response? The topic is still valid and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with posting in a thread that’s a bit older, despite what some might think.

FFS. The thread is old. He will get more feedback out of a new thread. You’re new. Welcome but why respond to a post where the member hasn’t been seen in a year?
There is zero logic in your post. It makes no sense to scatter relevant content over multiple threads. Adding nonsense memes doesn’t help the topic in the slightest. Same goes for your swearing.

Back