Soup to Nuts

Reid

Non-fiction. Several hours ago.

Roxana has a cold today. At 6PM she ordered chicken soup from local popular restaurant Havana Harry's in Coral Gables.

I volunteered to go pick up the phoned-in order. I used her SUV and cursed at the air when I got to the destination: no place to park, it was so crowded.

Turned around and went home (just a mile and a half) and put on a helmet and hopped on the ebike and went back, at 27-per, back to Havana Harry's where I parked at the front door, got the soup and said to self on the way home, nutz to carz.

...I used her SUV and cursed at the air when I got to the destination: no place to park, it was so crowded...

When the weather is nice I would rather stay home than run errands in my car. But I always look forward to using the bike. In the few years since we started using our bikes for a lot of small errands (mostly during the summer), we've redefined "shopping locally". Which is now a few mile radius versus the 10 or so we would do with the car. I can't wait till my Tern GSD finally arrives and I can get a whole load of groceries in one trip (not to mention Home Depot runs, restaurant runs, brewery runs ... ah, the options).

I have two large panniers on my ebike. When the weather is manageable, I create reasons to go for groceries. :) It's the same with other travel needs. 30 mile trip, no problem. The only downside is having to keep my abandoned car's battery connected to a Battery Tender®. My 2005 car, purchased new, only has 60k miles on the odometer.

When the weather is nice I would rather stay home than run errands in my car. But I always look forward to using the bike. In the few years since we started using our bikes for a lot of small errands (mostly during the summer), we've redefined "shopping locally". Which is now a few mile radius versus the 10 or so we would do with the car. I can't wait till my Tern GSD finally arrives and I can get a whole load of groceries in one trip (not to mention Home Depot runs, restaurant runs, brewery runs ... ah, the options).
My wife and I really enjoy the ability to run errands on our ebikes. Grocery shopping, visits to the chiropractor, commuting to our part-time jobs, whatever. We live 5 miles out of town, so at least 10 miles each way. The ebikes make this not only do-able but so much fun!

I’m going to a concert tomorrow evening and am going to commute on the CCS. While MPLS doesn’t have what i would call dangerous areas, this concert is in an area of petty crime with a higher chance of theft.

I’ll lock the rear with a U-Lock and the front with the foldy lock. If they get through both of those, at least they worked for it :)

Back