Sondors first impressions

just got my sondors custom 2 days ago, white frame, black wheels, front suspension, aluminum frame , upgraded battery...looks sexy as hell, but unfortunately its currently a huge paper weight.... one of the connectors was trashed out of the box .... and instead of waiting for sondors to get back to me , i just just ordered the luna cycle control box and lcd bolt on upgrade kit. Hope its makes it to canada by friday lol.

first impressions is wow i didnt realize how fat the fat tires are lol its stance is mean. heavy, and big. I did the basic assembly myself, but once i get the lunacycle parts ill take it to my local shop and have em do a once over and tighten and lube everything, and tune the brakes since they are rubbing....even if i wanted to use it a normal pedal bike right now i cannot because the brakes are rubbing and the wheels only get about 3 rotations after a hard spin before they stop lol...

There's an amazingly brisk business in selling upgrades for Sondors. No other bike has created as large a market for parts to improve performance. It borders on HUGE. The motor being a common Bafang does make the repair/replacement super easy. Pull old interior parts, and drop in new. Overvolting is becoming common and custom batteries, LCD's and controllers are frequent upgrades. The motor has run well for many with 48V batteries and controllers.

I bought a Stromer st1 4 years ago and actually wore out the motor at 3500 miles. I live in Michigan and Cozy's in chicago was my closest dealer. Their service on my bike was exceptional. They found me a scavenger bike that had been wrecked and harvested the motor and torque sensor off of it for my bike.
Living in Michigan we have an abundance of unpaved roads and fat tire really intrigued me. I had converted the tires on my Stromer to continentals (2.75) and that made a huge difference. At $500.00 plus freight I was game for the Fatty Sondor. Yikes!!! its the greatest. I've had the bike 3 month and 400 miles later its the best. Bought a second battery and my range at level 3 with both batteries is over 75 miles. I love this bike and rarely ride the stromer. The sondor community is a hoot and the mods are crazy. Best purchase I've made in a long time. I literally beat the sh****t out of they bike and it doesn't quit ( I did break the key and casted up a replacement)...I would buy another Sondor in a heartbeat!!

But you guys spend more on upgrades than you would on a quality frame and kit, but as long as you're happy! Ride and smile!

My first impression is their customer service is lousy.I got my original last week.Had it assembled at a bike shop.Bike looks great.problems with the battery.I contacted sondors explained the situation.Got two replies have not heard from them since.The bike shop tried to reach them and even sent them the email address to see if sondors could give them any info to solve the problem still no reply from sondors.So it appears they got my money and now iam on my own.I have seen on other forums where people have complained about this.I was realy looking forward to owning a sondors.I guess if its a problem or complaint it doesn't count.They only seem to want praise.I will find another ebike different brand and hope nobody else gets stuck with a lemon like I did.

Here's a comparison video of the Sondors up against its competition. I give my overall thoughts/videos of the bike in my video. Should help folks.

Back