Sometimes you find the best tools because they are not for bikes.

fooferdoggie

I had all my tools taken out of my bike bag and I needed to replace them. I don't use tools much when riding as I can work on my bike at home or my shop. so I bought the blackborn mini ratchet. but at 49.00 it does not have a much-needed extension though I just found out you take the pin out of the chain tool put it in the wrench like a bit and the end of the wrench will hold a bit. but you're not going to get a lot of leverage that way but it would work. I bought a prestcycle set for only 25.00 and it has an extension that can make it into a t handle too. but it's a lot easier to use. But then I found this guy a wiha set that has a ton of bits an extension and feels far nicer in use than either one. it weighs more as it has a metal box it has a nice extension with a locking bit holder too. so for 29.00 it's a much better deal if you can handle a little more weight. it's a metal box so will hold up to everything. but these tools are good for use when working on your bike too where mutitools really are not that great for the job.

92205_T-Ratchet_Wallet_01_GOTY.jpg
bbn-big-switch-ratchet-multi-tool-black-7109338-hero.jpeg
IMG_4109.jpeg

Where was it made?
In the class of ****ese garbage, I bought a 70 piece 1/4 socket set 6 mm to 1/2" US & metric for $7 at the flea market. Has a 2" extension. As the ratchets of these toys fail the first use, i bought a USA 1/4" Proto breaker bar for $21 from mcmaster.com https://www.mcmaster.com/5521A13 I do not carry these on the bike but have some at each end of my commute. The rachet handles out at the summer camp are Sears Craftsman, since nobody stole everything out there yet. Craftsman went through a cycle of being ****ese garbage for the same price as real tools since the oh-ohs. Reason Sears is now defunct.
I carry a USA metric eklind ball end hex wrench set on the bike. 7 keys, $14 www.grainger.com/4CR59 Leaving out 8 mm & 10mm. I don't need to carry those, but have some in town & at summer camp. Bonrus are equivalent quality. Any torx fasteners on the bike, i remove them and replace with hex slotted or phillips head so I do not have to carry torx bits. Many hub motors have torx fasteners on the cover.
Rather than carry a separate short phillips & flat blade screwdriver, I bought this racheting shorty from Milwaukee via mcmaster $22 https://www.mcmaster.com/52725A41 Has #1 & #2 phillips, 1/4" and 5/16" flat bits all stored in the handle. Made in TWN where real tools can also be sourced. The mounts for motor drive and battery I build often require shorty screwdriver to access behind the seat.
I found a metal cash box at the flea market for $11 which keeps the rain out nicely. The tops of my panniers often gap open.

Last edited:
I respect 3 of the four sources. W7ha is not stocked in my flyover city, so I have never run into them. You are not allowed to know where anything you order on the internet or by phone comes from until you receive it and open the box. In general 99.999999% of tools sold on the internet are ****ese garbage. Park & Pedro tools from moderncycle.com have turned out okay, TWN.

Back