sometimes bikes are weird.

fooferdoggie

I had my bike in the stand and I guess the bottom clamp came loose and my bike slowly fell over. Its a folding star. I had a pin in it to stop it but it must have fallen out. Nothing hurt. So I go home and put the kickstand down and it breaks off and the bike falls over on the let side this time. I had a pannier that was full on that Side so it landed on that mostly. Struggled with getting the panniers on the bike in the morning without a kickstand it just does not lean well. The left brake is a bit mushy and I am thinking from falling over? They are Shimano xt calipers made for mountain biking. But it was ok and I road several times in the afternoon I was putting the bike in the stand to change the display and I found the back was total mush. The bike had been upright the whole time. I lucked out and bought a parks brake bleed kit because I had magura's on this bike and Shimano on our tandem .but then I changed this bike to the shimano's glad I had the kit or I would not have been able to ride I had not planned on bleeding the brakes they were only installed 4 or 5 months ago. So fixed that installed the new display fought to get the loaded panniers on the bike without a kickstand road to the bike shop for a new kickstand struggled to prop the bike up. Got home and put the new kickstand on it.
You jsut never know what's going to happen sometimes.

Most kickstand just don't do a good job holding up a bike. I gust of wind and my bike fell on its side bending my disc brakes. Now I use a heavy duty double leg kickstand that is strong enough to hold the bike with all its gear comfortably.
its been pretty good it is one that bolts onto the chain stay. no way to put a double on this bike. there is no space in front of the wheel really. looks ike this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WZ28N24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1of course bulls is out of them.

I had my bike in the stand and I guess the bottom clamp came loose and my bike slowly fell over. Its a folding star. I had a pin in it to stop it but it must have fallen out. Nothing hurt. So I go home and put the kickstand down and it breaks off and the bike falls over on the let side this time. I had a pannier that was full on that Side so it landed on that mostly. Struggled with getting the panniers on the bike in the morning without a kickstand it just does not lean well. The left brake is a bit mushy and I am thinking from falling over? They are Shimano xt calipers made for mountain biking. But it was ok and I road several times in the afternoon I was putting the bike in the stand to change the display and I found the back was total mush. The bike had been upright the whole time. I lucked out and bought a parks brake bleed kit because I had magura's on this bike and Shimano on our tandem .but then I changed this bike to the shimano's glad I had the kit or I would not have been able to ride I had not planned on bleeding the brakes they were only installed 4 or 5 months ago. So fixed that installed the new display fought to get the loaded panniers on the bike without a kickstand road to the bike shop for a new kickstand struggled to prop the bike up. Got home and put the new kickstand on it.
You jsut never know what's going to happen sometimes.
Best of luck with your new stand. Ive been quite happy with mine but am careful to check/tighten attachment bolts as needed.

Best of luck with your new stand. Ive been quite happy with mine but am careful to check/tighten attachment bolts as needed.
one of the few places I use locktite on as they rattle loose so easily. no idea why my brake needed bled though. but it is easier with the Shimano then the magura calipers. I would love a double like stand like on our tandem though,

Back