Some good news: Mark (customer service) from Rize finally fired.

Spatzi

Message taken from Facebook rize Owners group. Not a happy message, but at least Mark was fired. So many complaints about this guy. I posted here many times about my phone calls with him and his outright refusal to accept responsibility for the bad tektro brake pad issue I, and many others had. in spite of videos being sent to him, he would insist extreme water gushing noise was totally normal for all their bikes. They later claimed they were investigating the issue with tektro. I get tons of similar comments on my YouTube channel.

“I have never seen such poor customer service as I have with Rize. I have had over 20 calls with Mark (who is now fired) and with Jason and Daniel to get our 2 bikes out but always a problem. I paid in full back in July and for some reason there is always a problem. I have sent emails and left many voice mails and nobody contacts me. When I spoke to Jason at Rize and said I want to cancel his response was "ok" .
The Company is going through alot of problems and I am getting nowhere. I was promised bike was going out Aug 24th but still not sent out. I left one more message for one of the owners to call me or I will cancel 2 bike orders. Havent heard anything...........

I so regret dealing with this company and had I known all of the problems I would have gone elsewhere. I lost my Daughter last year and my Doctors and Grief counselors advised getting a Ebike would help me relax and will help getting out more. I am just so frustrated and didn't need this extra stress.“

I finally asked for my money-back after waiting for ages after paying and I think it was the next day apparently my bike appeared and was ready for pickup albeit with an imperfect motor probably bought at a discount by them, I'm not thinking they're doing anything technically criminal or illegal but I am really disappointed that I don't trust a company doing business in my own city to be doing what's right or for future purchases...

Message taken from Facebook rize Owners group. Not a happy message, but at least Mark was fired. So many complaints about this guy. I posted here many times about my phone calls with him and his outright refusal to accept responsibility for the bad tektro brake pad issue I, and many others had. in spite of videos being sent to him, he would insist extreme water gushing noise was totally normal for all their bikes. They later claimed they were investigating the issue with tektro. I get tons of similar comments on my YouTube channel.

“I have never seen such poor customer service as I have with Rize. I have had over 20 calls with Mark (who is now fired) and with Jason and Daniel to get our 2 bikes out but always a problem. I paid in full back in July and for some reason there is always a problem. I have sent emails and left many voice mails and nobody contacts me. When I spoke to Jason at Rize and said I want to cancel his response was "ok" .
The Company is going through alot of problems and I am getting nowhere. I was promised bike was going out Aug 24th but still not sent out. I left one more message for one of the owners to call me or I will cancel 2 bike orders. Havent heard anything...........

I so regret dealing with this company and had I known all of the problems I would have gone elsewhere. I lost my Daughter last year and my Doctors and Grief counselors advised getting a Ebike would help me relax and will help getting out more. I am just so frustrated and didn't need this extra stress.“

Spatzi,

Sorry for your loss, my heart goes out. If eBikes are to move past "fad" status the sellers must come to grips with the fact they are, for the most part, selling an escape. A way to relieve stress, be active, smile. A very small group "needs" their product, it is a toy. It would go a long way for sellers to remember that a delayed shipment, defective brakes, sensor, whatever is more than a performance issue, it is what crushes the fun factor. Hey sh*t happens and if all the sellers did was show some empathy and own the problem most folk ( seniors who are seasoned to the bumps) will be willing to to deal with the disappointment. If the fellow you mentioned was relieved of his duties that's a start to a new relationship with your seller. Hope it works out.

And yet a smallish company like DJ Bikes in Canada can get your bike in the US ordered today delivered in less than a week.

DJ Bikes is Canadian?

It doesn't say much on their website: https://dj-ebikes.com/community/contact
From the About Us part of the web site:

DJ Bikes is a family owned small business established in Calgary, Canada and run by owners Daniel & Jolin (Daniel's lovely wife).

We have ridden bikes and played sports all our lives. Through playing sports, we had great memories and fun with families and friends. It has been our desire that one day we will turn this passion for sports to become a business adventure. Our business goal is to enable more people to enjoy riding and do exercise.

With 15 years of international consulting & technical design experience between North America and Asia, Daniel and Jolin have decided to build our own brand DJ Bikes with an excellent product portfolio. The family has committed to make eco-friendly, high-quality and economical ebikes. Every single product line has been fully designed and tested by ourselves to meet great quality standards in North America.

Also, we know the importance of having a great customer service to keep your ebike running. You can simply pick up the phone or email us anytime. Daniel & Jolin will be glad to answer all your inquires with the passion, knowledge and integrity that you need.

Back