Solution for a second battery

FWIW!

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 11.20.16 AM.png

Without knowing what kind of bike and what kind of battery, it is impossible to offer relevant advice. What brand of bike? What model? How about a picture of your bike so we can see where it might fit properly?

If you have a Bosch power pack that would fit on the mount you showed us, the easiest solution is to pack along an extra battery and just swap it out as needed. The Orlieb E-mate is an excellent choice of ways to safely carry as spare on board.
This one looks nice, and it could be a choise. But can I put something like a padlock? Because i don't want that someone to steal my battery from bag.

I know nothing about the following items but just maybe...

All the bits above are just the plastic covers for various models but do nothing to actually hold the battery in place on the bike.

Here is a picture with all the parts actually needed to mount an external second Bosch power pack battery on a bike. In this case the base plate is made by Scott for their EMTB. All the other parts are also needed and are made by Bosch. The white piece with the cable coming out of it is the part needed to integrate the second battery into the bikes system such that is discharges and charges without removal or swapping out.

Best of luck sourcing all of this. Trek makes a complete range extender pack for their bikes that includes all of the needed parts and the battery but it is only available at the time the bike is ordered and not ordinarily available as a retro-fit kit. I have serious doubts that anyone will be able to source all the needed parts at this time.

s-l400.jpg

All the bits above are just the plastic covers for various models but do nothing to actually hold the battery in place on the bike.

Best of luck sourcing all of this. I have serious doubts that anyone will be able to source all the needed parts at this time.
Re: holding the battery in place, what about these 2:

And all of those parts from Bike24 are in stock (low numbers though) but freight is now much more expensive from Germany and it could take a while with all the various lock-down's in Europe.

Yeah i get into berating people who treat me in a condescending manner, if you mess with the bull, you get the horns. I have a ton of experience with batteries and battery architecture. And i can assure you without hesitation that while Bosch may have their own plugs that include a key sensor, they still connect the battery with the same red and black wire everyone else in the entire industry uses.
Wondering if you've had a look at the Bosch stuff yet and your thoughts?

Back