Size choice

claudej11

Region
Europe
I want to buy a Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO, I am 72 years old and I measure 182cm according to the size guide I could choose size L or XL. What do you recommend?

If you are the same 72 years old like me then generally we are not as flexible as we once year...speaking for myself. That might suggest you'd have more comfort with your handlebars at a higher level. The bigger bike will have a longer headtube that would allow for higher bar position. If you can stand over the bike top tube without it touching your private parts, then I suggest the bigger bike. Can adjust fit often by changing out the stem or moving seat fore or aft. I am 181 cm and ride an XL. A bike shop will almost never fit you this way but it works for me.

The bigger bike will have a longer headtube that would allow for higher bar position.
This seems backwards to me. You can have as much steer tube as you want sticking out of the head tube regardless of how tall it is. But on the larger frame the top tube will be longer, which will tend to lean you over more.

(Of course the bike will come with the steer tube cut down already so you will probably be limited to stem changes unless you replace the fork)

This seems backwards to me. You can have as much steer tube as you want sticking out of the head tube regardless of how tall it is. But on the larger frame the top tube will be longer, which will tend to lean you over more.

(Of course the bike will come with the steer tube cut down already so you will probably be limited to stem changes unless you replace the fork)
Any Creo you buy will have the steer tube already sized to fit the bike and the bike's headtube and the only adjust you can make is with three 5mm headset spacers. Either you include 1-3 of those spacers or you don't. I guarantee if you buy an XL the fork steerer will be longer than it would be on an L...and the bars will be higher on the XL than the L. And yes the top tube on an XL will be longer than on an L but you can compensate for the longer top tube by moving saddle forward and/or using a shorter stem.

The headset system on a Creo along with the future shock is totally non-conforming compared to normal bikes and prevents some stuff you might be used to: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:799e1791,vid:y8uYn-MstvI

Last edited:
183 cm and I ride an XL with the stem raised 10 cm - two 5mm spacers, provided with the bike, reduce the future shock travel :-(.
Find it very comfortable but, "your mileage may vary".

I'm 183 cm. I test rode both and picked the L. An XL was too large and the top tube too long. At the time the L was full price and the XL was on sale.

Back