Single bolt seat post concerns

RichardL

I am looking at the single bolt seatpost seat mount on the Road E and just wondering how everyone has made out with that type of post. I had a hard time getting the angle to fine adjust. I guess I'm old school - used to a 2 bolt system system.

I gave up on the Giant OEM single bolt system seat post clamp and carbon seatpost. Getting the seat tilt adjustment correct was pretty impossible. Went to a Cane Creek solution with an elastomer.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 21, 12 22 35 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 21, 12 22 35 PM.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 447
  • Photo Dec 21, 11 42 08 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 21, 11 42 08 AM.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 411
I gave up on the Giant OEM single bolt system seat post clamp and carbon seatpost. Getting the seat tilt adjustment correct was pretty impossible. Went to a Cane Creek solution with an elastomer.
I've been dealing with this for over a year and I just carry my wrench to readjust after a good bump. My 235lbs is just too much for this design. Looks like you found a double duty solution. Enjoy your bike.

Niteman - I'm at same weight range as you. I took the Giant one apart, as I'm sure you have, and those cone shaped surfaces look like it would hold until you hit a big bump and then leave you sitting on the top tube or the back tire! The Cane Creek post is rated for 330 pounds. The precision of the seat angle is very important and if you tilt it downhill it will make your hands get tired from holding the weight back because of sliding forward on the saddle. I adjust my seat with a level. I want a post that will allow me to set that level precisely and keep it there.

Last edited:
Back