Sinch speed delimiter cheat code

spiff

Region
USA
Hello All

I saw a video on another Aventon model ebike with what looked like the exact same handlebar and control and display setup as the Sinch and they demonstrated the sequence to bump the limit to 28mph. (off top of my head, was something like a couple simultaneous presses or maybe one long press of the up & down arrows to be able to set limiter to 45kph)

Can anyone confirm this process for the Sinch?

Thanks in advance
SMS

Found that its in the manual! Sorry all, figured it would some sort of secret like unlocking your Playstation.

OK BIFF... I mean SPIFF.....
Says will go to 25mph... I am spun out on the 52/14 gearing at 25mph.... and it's still pulling power.
I might try to replace the 14/28 freewheel with a 13/28 or 13/32 to see if I can get it to 28mph.

Actually, it appears from the manual that the speed limit can be set to 31.7mph. Yet, there is also a wheel size adjustment setting that I would presume would let you hack out even higher speeds than that by making it think that you have a bigger wheel.

I've tried changing the wheel size. Doesn't make it go any faster... just messes up the speedometer. I doubt it will go any faster than 25 or 28 mph.

Aventon says it has a cassette. Typically bikes in the price category do not. They have freewheels. Dropping the high cog to 11 is easy with an 11-32 cassette for about $25. I manipulate wheel diameter all the time without messing up the speedometer. Just put it into metric mode and multiply your actual diameter by .6 to enter in the new size setting. When the display says you are going 30 it will be 30. But it will not be 30Kph (18Mph) it will be 30Mph.

Aventon says it has a cassette. Typically bikes in the price category do not. They have freewheels. Dropping the high cog to 11 is easy with an 11-32 cassette for about $25. I manipulate wheel diameter all the time without messing up the speedometer. Just put it into metric mode and multiply your actual diameter by .6 to enter in the new size setting. When the display says you are going 30 it will be 30. But it will not be 30Kph (18Mph) it will be 30Mph.
No, Aventon says the Sinch is a 7 speed freewheel... and it is a 7 speed freewheel 14-28.
I changed mine to 13-28. I can hold 25 MPH.... it does not got to 30 mph. It does not go to 28MPH. I have wound it out to 27 flat out a couple of times.

Back