Should I keep my Turbo Vado plugged in all winter?

Ike582

Well, Winter has set in here in Chicago and it's going to be a rare day to ride for the next 4 months or so. Is there any harm (or benefit) in keeping the bike plugged in all Winter, just in case a nice day arises?
Thanks

The general advice with Lithium Ion batteries is to store them at no more than 80%. So I'd suggest leaving if off charge (it won't decline much) then top it off when you want to ride.

Yup, don't leave it plugged in. I guess you didn't see any video of phone or laptop batteries exploding? Just check it once a month to make sure it's holding charge. If there would be some kind of drain, and the battery goes too low/or dead, the battery management system won't let it take a charge. Cold storage is also really bad for it. Bring the pack into the house in a room temp spot.

Sounds like a consensus, I've unplugged the battery and have it stored inside the house for Winter. Thanks all!

It should keep, after all they must store batteries in warehouses partially charged for months, but just in case, check the voltage indicator every other month if it has one. If it's down to minimum, maybe a an hour on the charger will work.

I'd like to store my batteries at 50-70% in the garage.

Back