Shopping for a no-frills bike bag to bring eBike up to hotel room

Yamahonian

Good evening,

I have a BH Rebel Lynx, size Medium frame.

I am shopping for a bike bag that I could use to bring my eBike into a hotel that does not normally allow bikes to be brought inside.

Think Bed and Breakfasts that would be horrified at the thought of a muddy eBike ruining the new carpet.

The bike bag does not need to be fancy, or really even to provide any support. I will not be flying with the bike, or shipping it anywhere. It is just to bring the bike from my car up to my hotel room. I don't want to leave it in the car overnight.

Ideally, it is a bike bag that I only have to take off the wheels and handlebars, and can leave the derailleur intact. Minimal reassembly.

Any thoughts?

I have been battling with this topic for two trips this summer with our Specialized Vado bikes. They are not E-MTB but I have used them on gravel roads in Vermont and they did get very dirty.

They easiest thing to do is find a hotel / motel / B&B that is bike friendly that will allow you to bring the bikes into the room or have an external shed / garage that you can park your bike.

If the bikes are extremely muddy then perhaps you could clean the bike up before you bring it inside. I was able to do that at an AirB&B we stayed at in Vermont

If you are booking through AirB&B or VRBO check the pictures to see if there is an areas to lock your bikes on a porch or patio area. Send an email to the owner to see where you could clean and secure your bikes.

Good luck on your trip!!

Back