Shipping to the US

Calman

I live in California, US and would like to buy the Teo LTD. Has anyone in the US bought a Teo bike? Can you share info as to customs fees, duties etc? Benoit says they ship to the US ($150) but that I would perhaps have to pay customs clearance. The info online is confusing but makes it clear that the importer bears all liability for customs, not the shipper.

I live in California, US and would like to buy the Teo LTD. Has anyone in the US bought a Teo bike? Can you share info as to customs fees, duties etc? Benoit says they ship to the US ($150) but that I would perhaps have to pay customs clearance. The info online is confusing but makes it clear that the importer bears all liability for customs, not the shipper.
Hi @Calman. Welcome to the forum. :) @Idaho bought one. You could reach out to him about the experience. They were talking about it on the original Teo fat bike thread here. Hope this helps.

@Falken beat me to it. Yes @Idaho did get one delivered. He paid $217 at the door for additional fees. The thread is long... But here is the photo of his bill he posted.
20170521_055911.jpg

Wow. I did not expect such quick and thorough replies to my query. You're awesome! Many thanks.

I have emailed back and forth concerning shipping. Get a different amount every time? Looking into Fed-Ex and whomever they partner with in Canada to pick up the package and deliver to my US address or the local terminal. ( I am the shipper then) maybee I can get 1 price everything. Stay tuned.

I have emailed back and forth concerning shipping. Get a different amount every time? Looking into Fed-Ex and whomever they partner with in Canada to pick up the package and deliver to my US address or the local terminal. ( I am the shipper then) maybee I can get 1 price everything. Stay tuned.
FedEx is big in Canada too. I doubt very much you can get a better deal by yourself. FedEx also has lots cross-border fees, trust me I have lots of experience with them.

By the way yes you would be the importer too..

Good luck.

Update to my reply; I received my Bike from Montreal in 36 hours it had to come by airmail. Amazingly fast, NO tariff import fees. It came to Greenville SC DHL and they had to drive it to me the 3 hour drive! wow

Nice to see the Téo owners are growing.

I'm sure, we'll I hope, you will love it as much as all if us do. It is a great purchase.

I was at Costco in Santa Rosa yesterday, visiting my son here again, and they had an E-bike for $1299 and it wasn't much of an E-bike I think, made me appreciate my Téo even more.

Enjoy.

2 of my local bike shops are pushing ebikes that start at $2400 - $5000 no different from the Teo or Rad. I have 1 Major issue that needs to be resolved the others I can work out. Power. I dont think I am getting 750 watts. the wife's Rad and a guy had a M5S bike both climb hills easier than me. wife cant even peddle mine up the same hill

2 of my local bike shops are pushing ebikes that start at $2400 - $5000 no different from the Teo or Rad. I have 1 Major issue that needs to be resolved the others I can work out. Power. I dont think I am getting 750 watts. the wife's Rad and a guy had a M5S bike both climb hills easier than me. wife cant even peddle mine up the same hill

Not sure how one can check that... Good question I sure would like to know how many Watts it's pushing. I think the Radrover has a watt meter, so you can see. I wish I had one. I've been looking at installing a Cycle Analyst but am unsure how to wire it on a Téo.

I was under the impression the the US bound bikes would be upped to 750 watts. and the little things like watts used you dont think of when looking at bikes. I might have went with a M2S although I might just now be getting one if I ordered in June.
I do Max out "everything" about the bike when we family ride. we average about 10 miles in the evening and 15 during the day. I finally got to do some rough trail riding. having to adjust pas 9 levels can be a choir. go up a steep hill slow down for a turn, turn the crank and you lurch forward.
I did ad another option to my bike, Kid assist pedal. My daughter rides a trailer bike.
20170707_161723.jpg
20170708_133651.jpg
20170708_144456.jpg

Nice pics @Dan Edwards . BTW, you can adjust the levels of PAS in the settings. I can't remember exactly what they were but I do remember 5 and possibly 3.

The Pas levels, Well of the 9 it depends on what terrain you are on. I experimented with the different levels on flat paved trail leaving the bike in 1st gear only turning the crank set to fool the bike into thinking I was helping peddle. So each one is indicative to the top speed in that level. A chain tension sensor would be ideal to a true peddle assist.

The Pas levels, Well of the 9 it depends on what terrain you are on. I experimented with the different levels on flat paved trail leaving the bike in 1st gear only turning the crank set to fool the bike into thinking I was helping peddle. So each one is indicative to the top speed in that level. A chain tension sensor would be ideal to a true peddle assist.
Sry I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that having to click through 9 levels of PAS was tedious. So I was letting you know that I think you can adjust that down to 5 levels, maybe even 3 levels of PAS so you wouldn't have to click so many times. Some bikes do come with torque sensors now for pedal assist.

It sounds like you need some troubleshooting. Mine has gobs of power. I easily cruise 30 kph or slightly more on 9. Maybe more voices in this forum can help you decide what to check. Mine is using stock factory settings. I hope you can get it sorted out.

A reply to this thread, yes I found the setting for pas levels, I only use the 5 now. Most flat ground I am in 2. But that depends on what speed I am wanting to maintain.

Back