Shipping to NY state

myers830

I can't get Sondors to reply via email (1 strike down for them)...so I'll post my question here because I'm told if you want any questions answered its better to post to one of their support groups than to ask them directly (2 strikes down). What would it cost to ship a bike to NY state? Seems like a simple enough question. You'd think that with all the competition shipping FREE to the lower 48 states that Sondors would too...but it says NOTHING on their web site about any free shipping. I hope this isn't strike three for them, but it will be if I have to pay shipping.

I believe that for shipping in the US shipping is still free. If you click on BUY for a particular bike,somewhere it says that for some locations shipping may have an additional cost. In a chat message, I pointed out to them that shipping is no longer mentioned on their site.
Just out of curiosity, where in NY state are you. I'm formerly from the Capital District.

NOT specific to Sondors, but it is odd that I have seen e-bike sellers who generally ship free, but add a $50 surcharge for shipments to NYC (but not the entire state). And sometimes to CA. WTF?

I know that I heard long ago that a lot of truckers don't like taking loads into CA because unless they are hauling produce they end up driving back empty. So maybe freight rates into CA are higher. Maybe the same of NY?

OTOH these 2 states seem like they are potentially large markets, so maybe just an additional revenue stream for sellers who charge the extra fees?

Just jaw-bonin' a little here. Hope you find your answers and your new bike!

I believe that for shipping in the US shipping is still free. If you click on BUY for a particular bike,somewhere it says that for some locations shipping may have an additional cost. In a chat message, I pointed out to them that shipping is no longer mentioned on their site.
Just out of curiosity, where in NY state are you. I'm formerly from the Capital District.
Thanks for the come back. I live near Rochester NY. I did go to "buy" a bike and went far enough to try to get the shipping to come up on the final screen...but the web page flickered a few times and came up with no amount in the shipping line...so I'm not sure if it was actually zero, or the a calculation didn't work right. Usually you'd see "$0" for shipping or "free shipping"...not just an empty line. Like I said, the web site needs some TLC. In any case, stay safe, but keep on having fun!

Back