Shipment Update: Sport ordered on Jan 7....ON THE WAY????

Jmarc

Region
USA
Title says it all. Just got an email from Espin that my order was getting ready to ship with a Fedex tracking number. I just ordered this bike on January 7th, and didn't expect it until sometime in February (or maybe even later given all the logistics issues.)

Obviously I know it'll probably take about a week or so before it actually shows it's en route, but ummmmm yea, I am very surprised about this email so soon. Almost wish I didn't get it because now I'm going to be checking the tracking number every 2 seconds until I get the damn thing.

Has anyone else gotten a similar email from Espin so soon after ordering their bike?

I had a similar experience with a Rize RX Pro I bought recently. I had heard they were expected very shortly, so I jumped on the bandwagon. Sure enough, I got the tracking number about a week later - prior to some people that have been waiting much longer!

Same thing with you I bet. You received your tracking number prior to me, and I've had my order in since the first of November...

The big delay was explained, and the latest has the bikes at their warehouse and us getting our tracking numbers soon.

I had a similar experience with a Rize RX Pro I bought recently. I had heard they were expected very shortly, so I jumped on the bandwagon. Sure enough, I got the tracking number about a week later - prior to some people that have been waiting much longer!

Same thing with you I bet. You received your tracking number prior to me, and I've had my order in since the first of November...

The big delay was explained, and the latest has the bikes at their warehouse and us getting our tracking numbers soon.
I'm kind of wondering if I'm the lucky beneficiary of someone else's canceled order that was included within the current shipment they just received at their warehouse. Plus I ordered the Sport in black. My guess is also that orders for the black pale in comparison to the Cobalt Blue. Is it possible I shot up the list because I chose a less popular color? I guess we'll see.

Basically a case of you wanted one, and they had one!

I'd say maybe its because you probably paid more than the black friday people, but since they charge your credit card in full at the time of order placement I don't think it would be due to revenue collection.

I'd say maybe its because you probably paid more than the black friday people, but since they charge your credit card in full at the time of order placement I don't think it would be due to revenue collection.
Even if I paid more, I didn't pay much more. I still got $150 off the current list price which isn't too bad.

Even if I paid more, I didn't pay much more. I still got $150 off the current list price which isn't too bad.
Yea, not throwing stones, just trying to figure out why a new order would go out before older ones that have been backlogged for some time.

Yea, not throwing stones, just trying to figure out why a new order would go out before older ones that have been backlogged for some time.
Like I wrote above, I did order a black Sport. From other threads here and on other social media, it seems as if the blue Sport is a much more popular color. I'd also think all their other step through model bikes would be more popular as well based on what I've seen in this forum and on social media. I may have just gotten lucky by ordering a less popular model that they could get out quicker. Who knows.

They said we'd be seeing tracking numbers about now. Who gets their tracking number first is a moot issue really. They said Fedex has trucks scheduled to pick up en masse starting Thursday. Nobody's bike is going to move more than a couple of feet until that point....

I knew it was too good to be true. Received an email last night from Josh the owner which seemed personal, but probably sent to a few people. Essentially, there was an error made at the fulfillment warehouse and we were erroneously told our bikes would ship soon. Still in line for the February shipment.

Not terribly mad because mistakes happen and it seemed like it was way too soon. Now I will be pissed if February comes and goes with no bike. Then March.......again we'll see.

However it definitely looks like they have bikes in their warehouse they're working on shipping out to others who've been waiting...so may the odds forever be in your favor and hope you all get your bikes soon.

So ummmmm, my Sport was delivered today. =)
D16ED534-6313-4A78-8CDF-E6CF6A53F666.jpeg

I ordered 1/18. (Smoke Flow)

Starting to think I should temper my expectations of "mid February" considering there's been no updates on it, but more importantly, because their main shipping page (https://www.espinbikes.com/pages/preorder-updates) hasn't even been updated to note bikes that should have been out the door a month ago are on the way.

Back