Service and Reliability Info; Xduro Race

Bear

All,

I'm just about to buy a 2016 Xduro Race, and wonder if anyone has input as to a few questions:

1. I was told that Haibike company service/response (not the bike shop) was not terribly good. Does anyone have any experience/input? Haibike appears to be very reliable, and I'm 3 hours away from the nearest Haibike dealer, thus reliability is very meaningful to me.

2. I've about decided on an Xduro Race. Anyone have any comments/experience?

3. I was told that I couldn't get the 2016 500 watt battery with it. Any experience?

Thanks for your input!

All,

I'm just about to buy a 2016 Xduro Race, and wonder if anyone has input as to a few questions:

1. I was told that Haibike company service/response (not the bike shop) was not terribly good. Does anyone have any experience/input? Haibike appears to be very reliable, and I'm 3 hours away from the nearest Haibike dealer, thus reliability is very meaningful to me.

2. I've about decided on an Xduro Race. Anyone have any comments/experience?

3. I was told that I couldn't get the 2016 500 watt battery with it. Any experience?

Thanks for your input!

Bear - We have generally had pretty good experience with Haibike support, but keep in mind Magura handles the support for Bosch related items. Haibike had some internal re-organizing along with most of the Accell group's brands. They are in the process of ramping up their team. I wouldn't be concerned about the reliability, in my experience the Bosch system has been the most reliable.

2. We've sold several of the 2015 Race's and have had good experience with very happy customers. I'm sure you will be pleased.

3. Correct. The 500Wh is not ready for the US yet, it still has some tests it needs to pass and such. It will most likely be Model Year 2017 for us to see it here.

Let me know if I can assist further.

Thank you for your information, Chirs - that's encouraging news. I was considering the Bosch because there are no e bike shops near me, thus reliability is a big factor - does the Haibike with Bosch system seem like good idea to you under those circumstances?

From what I hear, the only 2016 Haibikes that you can purchase right now is the Sduro Cross SM and the Sduro Hardseven SM. There will be more Sduro models available in a few weeks, maybe next month. The Xduro 2016 models won't be available for a few months and I guess they will roll them out like the Sduros, starting with the lower end - more popular models.

Thanks, Egohan - I was going by the Internet ads announcing the 2016's and price. I'll check very soon.

Bear, I have a 27.5 FS RX and love it love it. Great bikes, very well built, VERY well designed. For not having a dealer around (me too) I would say it's one of the top choices for sure. The powertrain seems very strong and I've had 0 issues of any kind with mine.
A mid drive setup however does mean more maintenance down the road as the power is routed through the chain and sprockets, those will wear out much sooner than a normal bike. A hub motor drives the wheel directly, so the chain and gears aren't affected much at all.
Not a big deal, it's bike parts, but many (most) bike shops won't want to work on anything to do with the motor (!!!!) (but seriously)

@Bear , if you haven't checked it out yet, Court did a pretty comprehensive review with his uncle who has owned a Haibike for over a year now, and ridden it almost daily (4000+ miles) in Colorado, cold, snow... He goes over the maintenance in detail that is needed for someone who is going to be a regular commuter. Should help you be prepared since a lot of that are things you can do!

Back