Second Stromer ST1 charger for less than $175?

Anyone know where I can pick up a second Stromer ST1 charger and pigtail for less than $175? A big seller in NY has them, but $175 (includes $33 ground shipping) seems way steep.

I want to maximize my lifespan of my battery, so there are times like today when I end the day at 60% after going 11 miles round-trip, which is enough to make it to work the next day (and even round-trip on an errand-less day), but not to also do 14 mile trip home with two extra stops. I want to keep a charger at work so I can not have to lug it around, but also not have to recharge prematurely at 60%.

Last edited:
Can't you order it from a more reseller? I live in Belgium and had an extra charger for ST1 ordered from my local Strömer reseller at € 150 ($ 163).

Jason, you should be charging your bike every day that you use it. You will extend the life of your battery with smaller more frequent charge cycles. And charge it to 95% or so if you can. You really don't need another charger for your trips.

So save your money.. Just buy a timer so you can time how long your charger is on.

Interesting, I'd have thought not charging at 40% but waiting to 20% and having one less charge per week would be better.

Either way, I want a charger at work as well. That will allow me to do noon time rides with the other guys or run errands at lunch. I will just put the bike in the charger at both home and work when it is parked.

Any suggestions on a timer? I imagine just calculate the amount of time I think it needs to charge to 95% and set the timer for that? BTW, my charger appears to always charge to just 95%, even when left on overnight. When I put it in, I see 95% on the bike. Note, I never leave it charging once I see the green light go on.

Any who, another well-known member here has offered to sell me a used one at a good price as he had some spares. Glad I asked here first.

Does he have any others? i have 2 batteries I would like to charge at the same time

Never hurts to have two chargers. You can buy any lithium 36v smart charger with a 3 pin XLR plug (make sure yours is the same as what you are buying).. like this.. just make sure it has a fan cooling.

http://www.ebay.com

Last edited:
There is a resistor that they use in the plug, best to replicate!

Jason, you should be charging your bike every day that you use it. You will extend the life of your battery with smaller more frequent charge cycles. And charge it to 95% or so if you can. You really don't need another charger for your trips.

So save your money.. Just buy a timer so you can time how long your charger is on.
Thats really not accurate advice. I apologize to readers for responding to an old post, but this is innacurate and not at all in line with everything we know about charging batteries. 80% then 90% are preferred levels. I can run several,days on my 36v bikes without charging. Theres no reason to add cycles.

Hello, wondering if anyone has extra charger for st1 their not using? My charger is making a whining sound already... but still works. Thanks.

Back