seat post theft??

This will seem like a v-e-r-y stupid question... but how do you replace the quick-release thingy with a non-quick-release-thingy? The allen wrench type seems fine to me--I just want to prevent an opportunistic thief who might just open the quick-release and grab my seat and leave me not being able to get home.
The bike left has a custom diameter light weight seat post, so buying something wasn't an option. The QR clamp had a curved nut that fit the clamp of some weird diameter, 5.5 mm I believe. I bought a 6mm x 40 mm bolt with allen head, but then there was the curve to match. I took an ordinary 5/16" nut and ground it down to the curve of the OEM one. This size was oversized for 6 mm. Then I used an elastic stop 6 mm nut to tighten the clamp down, with the ground down nut pushing on the curved size of the clamp. Warning use safety glasses when using power tools. I used a vise grip pliers to hold the nut while grinding. Warning harbor freight products look like tools, but are not. Use a genuine Peterson plier. A nut released by an imitation tool can hit you in the face.

I use a set of pinheads for my kinekt and it has worked for the three months since i got it... there was an exploit for these locking devices but allegedly they have all been updated

Why not leave the quick release on and remove the seat and post and take it with you. It’s unfortunate that we have to live like this, but it is what it is.

Why not leave the quick release on and remove the seat and post and take it with you. It’s unfortunate that we have to live like this, but it is what it is.

I hear you on that - did that myself for years in college. I can be a big hassle, for example: some ebikes (like Qualisports) the seatpost is also a 2 foot long, 8lb 14ah L-Ion battery with connectors and cables. During daylight hours, with camera surveillance (outside ATMs for example) I figure it's better to leash all that properly to the bike and roll the dice, than carry it around like a dork - ditto the helmet. All of these things can be easily defeated by pros who are generally more active at night. You gotta take a risk-based approach...ie. where you live, time of day, probability of attack, and weigh that against the thickness of your billfold.

I have $350 in a seat and post. My solution hasn't failed me yet.
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.41.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.42.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.46.55 AM.png

I had the same delimma of what to do with my quick release seat and other accessories, either take it with me or lock em up.

Was a easy choice when I put it like that so I just got a cheap kryptonite cable lock.

Back