Sale on Juggernaut @ $1399

George S.

http://www.biktrix.com/store.html#!...electric-fat-bike/p/42702011/category=9487252

(This is a rear hub model, and I assumed it was the BBS02.

I've been watching the biktrix site and FB, wondering about their BBS Cruiser. Noticed they have the Juggernaut at a good price.

I think @Ravi Kempaiah talked to @roshan during the IB show, and there was talk of new features. So maybe this is like a model year closeout. Tough to build a bike with a BBS02 at this price.

There was a cruiser frame with a Bafang Max drive on the FB page. So much depends on price, but the Max is an integrated thing that competes well with the European look.

It's been a year of unrelenting price pressures. Something for everyone to feel bad about, if you bought, good if you waited. :cool:

Last edited:
That's the hub drive version that's so cheap, unless I am mistaken. Was debating buying one when I got mine, as you save so much money. He brought a few of those in for a basic option, but the price jumps quite a bit when going MD.

Nice catch on the new ones coming out on the FB site, I like the full suspension one coming out.

Yes, that's correct. I didn't know they had a rear hub option. I did look at the options and I couldn't quite figure out why the second model jumped $600. But I wasn't really buying the fat bike.

I don't know if they will do the BBS Cruiser on a CF, or not. They had thrown out a $1000 price, and an October date. They've been working on that LMX Biktrix 81 for quite a while, and there was some talk of a CF for that.

They started out around $1600 on the original CF for the Juggernaut, but clearly running a business and having inventory makes that hard to do.

Sorry for the confusion. They don't really say much about the rear hub, except it is 36 volt, no wattage or anything. Might be disappointing if it is just Sondors power.

The HD version seems like an expensive Sondors, which puts out close to 500 watts, verified by users with a watt meter

A similarly equipped Sondors would be $800, plus shipping. Al frame led and larger battery. Single speed though.

Mr. Sondors seems to have the franchise right now. Now that the hysteria has died down, I'd say most people are pretty satisfied. Someone with overhead and inventory will not be able to compete with his CF model.

I doubt there are many people with the skills Storm has in China, anyway. Just looking at the trials and tribulations of the two Wave partners, on Indiegogo (they seem to be trying to find containers now) would suggest it's not an easy thing to do.

The kit people who succeed seem to have a close relationship with their suppliers or the factory. Sondors was able to bring a lot of pieces together. How much farther he can go with the CF concept is hard to say, but he could certainly upgrade the bike, from here. His volumes are incredible, and there are no middlemen except the cut to KS, credit card fees. I may be missing something, but it's a very simple model. He really has volunteers doing customer service, as far as I can tell.

The bikes look great. You get a lot for the intro price. Sounds like you are doing retail, or will it be a CF?

Court threw out a lot of stuff. Are you keeping the throttle 'stock' because of the well known issues with the throttle and controller burn-outs? Is there some way to get a 'safe' but completely useable throttle, if you choose to unlock it? This is probably the 'latest' BBS02 with the better IRFB3077 Mosfets.

Court did cover a lot in his review. The Tourney derailleur is what you seem to get with this style of bike in the unpowered versions. Same for not getting disk brakes. Court said there might be a 'package', maybe disk brakes. He found a problem with the headset, but who knows if it is a weak part or just something to tighten.

I'd like to get a step-through cruiser, and the BBS is a nice upgrade. I would look at upgrades if they were offered, like a somewhat larger battery. If you want to just build one basic bike at this price it would work OK for me. Almost everything can be upgraded, over time. I think the older riders, like me, tend to be pretty careful and quite a bit slower. The Stunner Court rode was very quiet.

I'm on the mailing list so look forward to the final pricing, delivery timeframe, etc.

Thanks, @Court for the info. Maybe they will tweak a couple of things, based on what you said.

"He found a problem with the headset"
That type of headset (or goose neck I think we used to call them) come on a lot of bikes now, they are nearly impossible to keep tight. The metal is too thick to be squeezed with the small bolt. Two "fixes" came to my mind, the first not-so-pretty, but effective, was to split it up an inch or so with a hack saw, then the stock bolt is able to "clamp" it properly. I've done this, and works well, don't look quite as good. Second option I see is to drill out the hole to accept a larger through bolt, and nut.

Upgrades..., At least one disk brake on the front would be nice. V type brakes always seem to develop that squeal sooner or later. Sometimes (some bikes) you can feel the splice in the wheel, which I don't like at all.

Just read some very disturbing news on another thread about indigogo, Hope this stunner is no scammer. Late now tomorrow is research day on that one.

"He found a problem with the headset"
That type of headset (or goose neck I think we used to call them) come on a lot of bikes now, they are nearly impossible to keep tight. The metal is too thick to be squeezed with the small bolt. Two "fixes" came to my mind, the first not-so-pretty, but effective, was to split it up an inch or so with a hack saw, then the stock bolt is able to "clamp" it properly. I've done this, and works well, don't look quite as good. Second option I see is to drill out the hole to accept a larger through bolt, and nut.

The bike that Court tested had just been on a 7500km drive in the back of my trailer. We didn't have a proper Allen wrench to tighten the bolt. Once tightened, the bike works just fine.

"Upgrades..., At least one disk brake on the front would be nice. V type brakes always seem to develop that squeal sooner or later. Sometimes (some bikes) you can feel the splice in the wheel, which I don't like at all.
It's a lot easier to get squeaky brakes with disc brakes. In our tests, these v-brakes performed just as good as the mechanical disc brakes we had on the Juggernaut. The V-brakes are much simpler to adjust and much cheaper to maintain.

"
Just read some very disturbing news on another thread about indigogo, Hope this stunner is no scammer. Late now tomorrow is research day on that one.
We sell great bikes. On our website, we averaged a little over two hundred bikes this year in sales. The bikes we sold were the Juggernaut. Which ranges from $1399 to $2499. Most of the bikes we sold were the top-of-the-line model. These Stunner bikes are on Indiegogo for 2 reasons:
1. To know if there's a market for such bikes
2. To get the word spread about this bike more efficiently. Indiegogo has a huge following of people and launching a product on Indiegogo gets many more eyes looking at these bikes than our website.

Rest assured, we will ship all bikes well within the promised dates.

I couldn't find a shipping cost for anything, like the bike or extra battery.

Is there a shipping date for the 3 speed IGH?

I couldn't find a shipping cost for anything, like the bike or extra battery.

Is there a shipping date for the 3 speed IGH?

It's the way Indiegogo displays stuff. They show the shipping cost once they have your address.

Shipping an extra battery with a Stunner bike is free.

Shipping date for the 3 speed IGH is January-February time frame.

Not a coaster (brake) on the 3sp IGH, right?

You think the 3 speed has enough range for fairly basic riding? What would push someone to the 8 sp? Nice to have the gear sensor.

The bike that Court tested had just been on a 7500km drive in the back of my trailer. We didn't have a proper Allen wrench to tighten the bolt. Once tightened, the bike works just fine.

It's a lot easier to get squeaky brakes with disc brakes. In our tests, these v-brakes performed just as good as the mechanical disc brakes we had on the Juggernaut. The V-brakes are much simpler to adjust and much cheaper to maintain.

We sell great bikes. On our website, we averaged a little over two hundred bikes this year in sales. The bikes we sold were the Juggernaut. Which ranges from $1399 to $2499. Most of the bikes we sold were the top-of-the-line model. These Stunner bikes are on Indiegogo for 2 reasons:
1. To know if there's a market for such bikes
2. To get the word spread about this bike more efficiently. Indiegogo has a huge following of people and launching a product on Indiegogo gets many more eyes looking at these bikes than our website.

Rest assured, we will ship all bikes well within the promised dates.

The headset, and brakes are pretty much a non-issue for me.
Also thanks for the call, and better explanation of the indigogo model, I am "rest assured". I appreciated it very much.

Not a coaster (brake) on the 3sp IGH, right?

You think the 3 speed has enough range for fairly basic riding? What would push someone to the 8 sp? Nice to have the gear sensor.
I think the 3 speed is plenty on this bike. The 8 speed version is for those folks who really want to go to the extremes. Frankly, the 3 speed climbs up any hill that you would want a cruiser go up without any issue!

The headset, and brakes are pretty much a non-issue for me.
Also thanks for the call, and better explanation of the indigogo model, I am "rest assured". I appreciated it very much.

You're welcome, Rick. At Biktrix, we are known for over-delivering so there are some pleasant surprises out there waiting for the early backers :)

Back