Safely recharging ebike battery from 12v DC outlet in my RV (motorhome)

Duke em

Hi guys,

I have a Haibike mountain bike.
The bike battery is a Samsung 36 volt, 13.6 amp hour, 489.6 watt hour, lithium battery that take 4.5 hours to fully charge from empty.

The battery charger says:
input 100v-240v, 1.9A, 190W
output 42v, 4A

My Motorhome has AGM 6V batteries that recharge via solar panels.
Those TWO AGM batteries connect to a 750W inverter.

Can I safely recharge my ebike battery using the AC charger, and plug that into the motorhome inverter to charge the ebike battery?

I've read some places online that say I should make sure to have a pure Sine Wave inverter to recharge the ebike battery. Other places say a modified sine wave inverter is fine.

Does it matter if the motorhome inverter is sine wave or not? Do I need to check? I don't know if the motorhome 750W inverter is a modified sine wave one or pure sine wave one.

The AC outlets connected to the motorhome inverter, now can power a small 14 inch LED tv, a dvd player, and 5 small sony satellite speakers with subwoofer (all gadgets at the same time possible).

Will the motorhome inverter cause any damage to recharge my ebike battery using the AC charger?

Duke

Last edited:
( I've read some places online that say I should make sure to have a pure Sine Wave inverter to recharge the ebike battery. Other places say a modified sine wave inverter is fine. )
you should have a pure sine wave inverter.
this is My experience with a modified sine wave inverter ...
well I'll share my experience with cigar plug inverter, went through 2 vcr's and 1 power brick for my computer, it (cigar plug inverter in my travel trailer ) was not a pure sine wave converter, hence it slowly burnt up me electronic entertainment. so the money i thought i saved my buying a 40 dollar inverter. so buy a pure sine wave inverter .
like i said it burned the stuff out slowly.
now I know why my tv had this buzzing background noise, it was the cheep power inverter .
this is what I purchased
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002O5P8BA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
now it's worry free for me using my computer and tv in my travel trailer when camping without campground power.
that old tv commercial rang true to me pay me now of later. cheap inverter or pure one. but at the time I did not know any better because i bought a great brand name one, (monster power) I thought it was a quality product . but i did not know the differences of them,.
just trying too help.

I use my solar panels/battery bank/inverter setup to charge my eBike battery but it is a puresine wave inverter.

I would recommend contacting Haibike support about your bike's battery charger, its possible it has built in tech already to safeguard your battery with a situation like this. Maybe the charger is cleaning up the power it gets from whatever source?

Anyway hard to say without knowing all the details, but I say contact Haibike support and giving them the details of your setup and they might have a more educated official response for you.

Good luck and take care ride safe!
Marc V

Back