Rockstar owners

I watched OPSEC cycling's unboxing video and he had no outside damage to his box,and all his wire connectors WERE BROKEN there's no way I'm taking a chance of opening the box and finding all them connections busted and then trying to have to fix them anyways I appreciate all the encouragement I'm still waiting on Sonnders to get back to me because at first I was going to keep it but after a couple of days waiting for a bike stand , I just can't be unboxing and find all that damage and then be stuck with this broken machine that I have no way of fixing. PS2 update at first I was going to keep it and it ended my conversation with sonders on March 5th then I decided on the 11th then I did not want to try and open the box and they said that they were going to escalate my call to higher-ups whatever that means had no call on the 12th call back again on March 13th and got the same answer that my call was escalated up the chain of command so I'm still waiting on a resolution. look corner of the box, it's a 45 degree angle , I'm very sad.
Open it up. It's probably fine. Worse case, you haul it the the LBS and pay them 50 to re-box.

I'd open it. OPSEC received a perfectly good box with no visible damage and had a problem. You maybe are sending a damaged box back with a perfectly good bicycle and then there's the possibility of sending the damaged box / good bike back and get a good box / bad bike like OPSEC. I hope you get a resolution soon from Sondors

I've ordered 5 bikes and all came in boxes. Several of the cardboard boxes were damaged, but to a bike, not a scratch or bend on any of the 5. If it's broke, Sonders will make it right...

Looks like Ken is being particularly cautious about it. I don't blame him, no body wants a new fix her upper ebike. Rockstar is what $5000?
But I'm willing to bet that he will open it by the end of the night.

Personally I would not be able to sleep another night knowing my new bike is in the box. I have to atleast look.
Especially when he probably waited 8 months to receive it, mine will be here tomorrow, almost 8 months and I will be opening it no matter what. I could care less if the front fork is damaged as it’s junk anyways and won’t see .1 mile on the bike

Gotta have a key to remove the battery. The key is boxed separately with the display (at least mine was) and charger

I've ordered 5 bikes and all came in boxes. Several of the cardboard boxes were damaged, but to a bike, not a scratch or bend on any of the 5. If it's broke, Sonders will make it right...

I bought the same kickstand from Amazon for both of my RS bikes, they are about $12 each and they also include the hex tools and tire repair kits.
Hi, bought the same TenFans kickstand of my Rockstar that a few in this thread have and it won't hold the bike up. Hmmmm I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I was just ready to return it to Amazon, but if there's a solution I'd happily keep it.

Recieved my Rockstar today and just like others my front fork is broken badly, new rockshox yari going on anyway but pics have been sent to sondors

Attachments

• 6A913F90-8EAF-4BE1-8C70-1DA130C40CB5.jpeg
    6A913F90-8EAF-4BE1-8C70-1DA130C40CB5.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 172
Hi, bought the same TenFans kickstand of my Rockstar that a few in this thread have and it won't hold the bike up. Hmmmm I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I was just ready to return it to Amazon, but if there's a solution I'd happily keep it.

Webopus
I purchase the kickstand All4Fun suggested some time back for the Rockstar from Dick's Sporting Goods and it works great, installed as said. It is approximately 1.5 to 1.75 inches longer than the one I had, which was a TopTrek, and was good quality just not long enough. The bike would tend to fall over. The bike stands up nicely now. There was a large inventory of these kickstands at our store. Picture attached.

Attachments​

• IMG_0834.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 80

All put together for now, still have to put seat, chainring and adapter on and get my new rear shock on, need to get the bushing out of it but it’s ready to ride

Webopus
I purchase the kickstand All4Fun suggested some time back for the Rockstar from Dick's Sporting Goods and it works great, installed as said. It is approximately 1.5 to 1.75 inches longer than the one I had, which was a TopTrek, and was good quality just not long enough. The bike would tend to fall over. The bike stands up nicely now. There was a large inventory of these kickstands at our store. Picture attached

Hi R.Lee,
Considering the success of others with the stand I have, I decided to try to attach it again. This attempt was more successful. I realized that I needed to tighten the mounting bracket with a little more determination. Still, I'd like a sturdier stand in terms of the girth of stand itself. I will investigate the one you have suggested. Thanks for the reply.

Kickstand: I've broken two of the Amazon Tenfans kickstands, they simply arent strong enbough nor really long enough for the Rockstar. I made a repair on it that lengthened and strengthened it and it is now working fine, but it's butt ugly. I will head to Dick's this weekend and try that one. It looks sturdier and appears to extend enough. I just wish it had a little wider mount surface.

Kickstand: I've broken two of the Amazon Tenfans kickstands, they simply arent strong enbough nor really long enough for the Rockstar. I made a repair on it that lengthened and strengthened it and it is now working fine, but it's butt ugly. I will head to Dick's this weekend and try that one. It looks sturdier and appears to extend enough. I just wish it had a little wider mount surface.
Howdy, Please let me know how it works for you. I'm reluctant to take my business to Dick's because of some political stances they've taken, but I might reconsider it if the stand is a winner.

Howdy, Please let me know how it works for you. I'm reluctant to take my business to Dick's because of some political stances they've taken, but I might reconsider it if the stand is a winner.
I avoid Dick’s for the exact same reason. But I haven’t found a long, sturdy bolt-on stand anywhere else.

I wouldn’t shop there either if we had them in Canada, left leaning liberal retards

Back