Rockstar owners

@Mentalist : The more I ride my newer Rockstar, the less inclined I am to think it needs any programming hacks. Once I got used to it, I've found it's pretty versatile as it's set up. I respect there are some that may want to "hot rod" it and I understand the M620 can be juiced up to 2000 watts as it sits and can even be made to hit 3000 if the MOSFET's are replaced. But from my perspective, those mods would require a complete drive-train change as I doubt any current 11-speed chain would hold up -- heck they have trouble with the stock motor if the user isn't careful. So yeah, maybe if someone want to go to a beefier 5 or 6 speed drive, or even a belt drive set up I could see it. But then perhaps it's better building something up from scratch with a box motor?

@Mentalist : The more I ride my newer Rockstar, the less inclined I am to think it needs any programming hacks. Once I got used to it, I've found it's pretty versatile as it's set up. I respect there are some that may want to "hot rod" it and I understand the M620 can be juiced up to 2000 watts as it sits and can even be made to hit 3000 if the MOSFET's are replaced. But from my perspective, those mods would require a complete drive-train change as I doubt any current 11-speed chain would hold up -- heck they have trouble with the stock motor if the user isn't careful. So yeah, maybe if someone want to go to a beefier 5 or 6 speed drive, or even a belt drive set up I could see it. But then perhaps it's better building something up from scratch with a box motor?
Yea it seems to be calibrated good out of the box. But UART protocol is older and more open, allows changing displays with more options, allows you to hook up the controller to a laptop with a cheap 5$ cable...and has neat android apps

I purchased a Rockstar in Jan. 2021 and received it 8 months later in Sept. 2021. I am very happy with it, to date, since it does great for my type of riding, i.e. some light single track in the woods, but mostly, I use it on paved Green Ways and other bike friendly paved roads. I was wondering if anyone has any up to date info on how well the Rockstar is now selling? I have been checking the website from time to time and now the price is $3400 with a projected shipping date of "End of February" which is two weeks from now. Given the price, the quality of the produce, and a two week shipping date, it seems sales should be great. Just curious about sales...

To be honest, I am having difficulty understanding Sondors business, marketing and production plan specifically for the Rockstar. It seems to me --and admittedly I do not know and this is just a guess-- that they may just wait until XX orders are received, then build that many bikes to fulfill them; then they get monkeyed up and have to delay production when a certain component isn't available. I further assume they operate this way because the e-bike, and in particular the mid-drive industry, is changing pretty quickly right now. On the other hand, the Rockstar seems an impressive value proposition when compared to any other mid-drive full-suspension bike.

To be honest, I am having difficulty understanding Sondors business, marketing and production plan specifically for the Rockstar. It seems to me --and admittedly I do not know and this is just a guess-- that they may just wait until XX orders are received, then build that many bikes to fulfill them; then they get monkeyed up and have to delay production when a certain component isn't available. I further assume they operate this way because the e-bike, and in particular the mid-drive industry, is changing pretty quickly right now. On the other hand, the Rockstar seems an impressive value proposition when compared to any other mid-drive full-suspension bike.
You're description is probably very close to what the actual situation is.

Hello everybody , just paid for a rockstar,( the wait is on ) want to thank bafangboy for his videos, also the person that did the pikes peak video.
ps i have a sonders fold i got 4 years ago,,i have whole 500 miles on it. wanted a second bike with a mid drive.

Hello everybody , just paid for a rockstar,( the wait is on ) want to thank bafangboy for his videos, also the person that did the pikes peak video.
ps i have a sonders fold i got 4 years ago,,i have whole 500 miles on it. wanted a second bike with a mid drive.
Thanks for the shoutout Kennyzzz this is Matt, I made these videos in hopes to help someone decide. Thanks for watching and congratulations on your purchase. Now, hurry up and wait!

Is 1000 miles a lot, or just a benchmark ;) —-

I have around 800 on mine and still running great!

Is 1000 miles a lot, or just a benchmark ;) —-

I have around 800 on mine and still running great!
I have to hand it to Sondors, 1,000 miles of heavy mountain bike trails, not 100% MTB trails but, you can see what I put my bike through. All said it is a lot in my opinion.

How about pedals? I just swapped on some RockBros Advanced 4 pedals and really like them. Gave my bog-boy feet about ¼" extra width which was really welcome. Plus they have 4 bearings so run really smooth -- and they look pretty cool LOL!

well looks like the wait is almost over,, :)

Updated delivery:
Thursday, March 3, 2022 by end of day​

so anyone have a shock pump the like,, also a tire pump, do the tires use a presta valve

Updated delivery:​

so anyone have a shock pump the like,, also a tire pump, do the tires use a presta valve

I got a shock pump. The shock pump fits the shock and schrader valve, you can get a schrader to presto valve adapter at wal- mart for $.96 (that’s what I got) and Sondors rockstar comes with the schrader valve in tires tubes.

You def want a shock pump to set rear and front pressure based on your weight. My tubes were also Schrader. Obviously you can replace the tubes to presta if you prefer them, either work fine.

Is there a way to tell which motor you have?
The plugs that go to the display

This motor has two protocols, CAN and UART. CAN protocol is with 5 pin triangle display connector while UART is with 5 pin round display connector.

The plugs that go to the display

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll have to see what protocol I have when I receive my Rockstar

Updated delivery:​

Just wondering when you ordered your Rockstar and did it arrive on March 3? Early on, in January 2021, it took over 8 months for mine to arrive which was understandable at that time. Also, I noticed the delivery estimate today on the Rockstar website still says "Order For End Of February" when this is March 9th. This could just mean the website has not been updated, but was curious if, in reallity, the Rockstars are shipping quickly and in volume these days?

I ordered mine Aug 8th and was delivered on March 4th. There was someone on the Facebook Rockstar owners site that ordered at the beginning of Feb 2022 and was delivered at the end of Feb. Crazy, he got his before me. Sondors is doing a horrible job updating their web site. That end of Feb. delivery message has not changed since I ordered mine. It still lists them as coming equipped with Tektro brakes but the newer ones come with Clarks M2's with the engine cutoff leads on the levers.

Back