Rockstar owners

Dave. I'm glad that you finally got a Rockstar.
Uh oh. I didn’t seal anything on the bottom of the bike. Worst case: I peel it all off for two hours.
Hi All, just got my Rockstar, and yes all good, I've ridden about 100 miles so far, but I'm having issues with the derailleur when shifting back into lower gears, I've talked with Sondors and brought the bike to a local shop for repairs, the problem is a somewhat better, but with the chain bending from the crank arm to 1st gear there's a lot of clatter, and doesn't feel right, have you had any issues with yours, or is this just an issue that the repair shop said to live with it?

thanks for your insight,
rockstar dude

I think that a rack that attaches to
The rear frame only works better. Attaching to the seat post will reduce the
amount of suspension.
Hi All, just got my Rockstar, and yes all good, I've ridden about 100 miles so far, but I'm having issues with the derailleur when shifting back into lower gears, I've talked with Sondors and brought the bike to a local shop for repairs, the problem is a somewhat better, but with the chain bending from the crank arm to 1st gear there's a lot of clatter, and doesn't feel right, have you had any issues with yours, or is this just an issue that the repair shop said to live with it?

thanks for your insight,
rockstar dude
I usually don't shift down to lower than 3rd gear mainly because the chain rubs on the tire. The less shifting the better
and when shifting do it cautiously keeping in mind that if it does get bound
up bad enough then it's going to need to be repaired and or replaced. Narrower tires are an upgrade that should be considered for this reason.

Attachments

• 20211030_095840.jpg
    20211030_095840.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 228
Well, I ordered my Rockstar in the beginning of August for a February delivery and was just notified that it is now due to be delivered at the end of this month. I called Sondors because I thought it was a typo but he said due to cancellations my name moved up on the list and it is indeed scheduled to be delivered at the end of November.

I also just got an email from sondors about my rockstar, I ordered August 4th and was supposed to be February delivery as well but now it says it will ship Dec 6, gonna be well into winter by then here, probably be a couple feet of snow on the ground and -20 lol but oh well, gives me more time to get all my upgrades done

Thank you Veterans ! This is the oddest place to have mountain bike park, here’s my review.

I bought the same kickstand from Amazon for both of my RS bikes, they are about $12 each and they also include the hex tools and tire repair kits.
Did that kickstand fit easily? I'm having difficulty getting it on as the frame is thick. Thanks.

Anyone have any experience with a 52 tooth gear in their Rockstar cassette. It seems like a 52 would be a great addition since it make steep hilling climbs much smoother, easier, and more manageable along with considerably less jerkiness which should result in less drive line wear. (fewer broken chains) A 52 tooth gear should also result in less battery usage on long climbs.

The very high end ($$$) Specialized Skunk Works Turbo Kenevo SL ebikes's gearing lowest gearing (52) is a case in point.

Will the stock derailleur on the Rockstar take a 52 gear? I switched over from a 34 tooth max cassette to a 46 tooth max cassette on my Haibike mountain ebike and the change was like day and night, a huge improvement.

Does anyone have the whole story on the proposed tax credit for eBike purchases, and in particular, as it relates to the purchase of a Rockstar as it comes configured? Thanks for any info.

Does anyone have the whole story on the proposed tax credit for eBike purchases, and in particular, as it relates to the purchase of a Rockstar as it comes configured? Thanks for any info.
Hmmm, very interesting. I had no idea there was even a proposed tax credit. All I found was this. I would figure an ebike is an ebike. You can ride the Rockstar everywhere a regular ebike can go but who knows with how California politics work.

Hmmm, very interesting. I had no idea there was even a proposed tax credit. All I found was this. I would figure an ebike is an ebike. You can ride the Rockstar everywhere a regular ebike can go but who knows with how California politics work.

Similar article today in the LA Times. My only question is will it be retro to purchases made in 2021?

All4Fun,
I purchase the kickstand you suggested for the Rockstar from Dick's Sporting Goods and it works great, installed as you said. It is approximately 1.5 to 1.75 inches longer than the one I had, which was a TopTrek, and was good quality just not long enough. The bike would tend to fall over. The bike stands up nicely now. There was a large inventory of these kickstands at our store.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Back