Rockstar owners

Attachments

• 20211020_163823.jpg
    20211020_163823.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 216
I bought the same kickstand from Amazon for both of my RS bikes, they are about $12 each and they also include the hex tools and tire repair kits.
The all black shocks on this run look far better and make the front fork look a lot less cheap, great looking bikes slayer

The all black shocks on this run look far better and make the front fork look a lot less cheap, great looking bikes slayer
Thanks, the original design has a different color shock and tires. I am very impressed with the blackout look and the ride on these RS bikes. The stock shocks work really well for us too.

My first impression of the shocks were that they were pretty good, after awhile I realized that they really didn't perform like they should when riding on trails. Upgraded shocks are needed for the full suspension to work properly.

My first impression of the shocks were that they were pretty good, after awhile I realized that they really didn't perform like they should when riding on trails. Upgraded shocks are needed for the full suspension to work properly.
Oh I know, i was more stating it just looks better, I have a rockshox yari front fork and rockshox monarch rt rear shock to put on mine when it arrives

I made the worlds first waterproof mod for the Sondors Rockstar, I’d like some feedback you think this is the right call. I can’t get Sondors to answer me about anything.

It's should be ok to seal up a few places
Here and there. That's just a word of caution to not try to waterproof everything.

I keep mine nice and dry when it's not
being used and usually only ride it on
good weather days. Getting some water on it occasionally isn't really a concern.

Today I bent my chain, bent my derailleur and bent my neck…made a video to show why it rtv’ed my battery house. Enjoy my suffering

Today I bent my chain, bent my derailleur and bent my neck…made a video to show why it rtv’ed my battery house. Enjoy my suffering
That sucks, it looks like you're going to need to replace a few components. You might want to consider upgrading to
something that's able to better handle the additional power running through the chain. Admittedly what they gave us is barely adequate. My chain has been bound up twice both times when shifting, luckily it didn't do any damage so I was able to put the chain back on to keep riding.

Added a low cost rear rack purchased on eBay. The rack with a bag was about $35. The rack alone can be had for about $21. I was pleased with the stability of the rack which is rated at 110lbs. Only 3 points where it is attached making it easy to add and/or remove. I don't plan to use it much, but, if I eventually need and get an extra battery for long range it should carry it easily. I was even able to continue to accommodate my low cost rear fender. Note that the dropper still works ok, but there is not much seat post space left....:-(
Link to the rack: https://www.ebay.com/itm/313701041674?var=612484566197

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    588.8 KB · Views: 198
Added a low cost rear rack purchased on eBay. The rack with a bag was about $35. The rack alone can be had for about $21. I was pleased with the stability of the rack which is rated at 110lbs. Only 3 points where it is attached making it easy to add and/or remove. I don't plan to use it much, but, if I eventually need and get an extra battery for long range it should carry it easily. I was even able to continue to accommodate my low cost rear fender. Note that the dropper still works ok, but there is not much seat post space left....:-(
Link to the rack: https://www.ebay.com/itm/313701041674?var=612484566197
Does that rack float with the suspension or do you have to lock out the rear shock?

Does that rack float with the suspension or do you have to lock out the rear shock?
The rack floats with the rear suspension. I had to make sure the rack was high enough over the rear tire lest it rub the rear tire when the shock was compressed. This issue requires sliding the rack about all the way forward toward the seat. Note that the two support clamps on the rack arms are so small they can contact the paint when installing and removing on the Rockstar leaving some small scratches. Also, need to make sure that the single bolt arm connections are very tight. Don't want them coming loose while riding. I rode the bike with the rack and bag with no issues.

The rack floats with the rear suspension. I had to make sure the rack was high enough over the rear tire lest it rub the rear tire when the shock was compressed. This issue requires sliding the rack about all the way forward toward the seat. Note that the two support clamps on the rack arms are so small they can contact the paint when installing and removing on the Rockstar leaving some small scratches. Also, need to make sure that the single bolt arm connections are very tight. Don't want them coming loose while riding. I rode the bike with the rack and bag with no issues.
Ahhh. Thank you very much for the reply and info. Enjoy your Rockstar

Back