Rockstar owners

I took the Rockstar on the Iron horse trail in Washington state there's a tunnel that is 2.5 miles long. I rode over 40 miles and went through it both ways.
By the way its an old abandoned railroad tunnel that is unlit. You will need a headlight or a flashlight to get through.

Encouraging to me that the Rockstar can handle a 40 miles ride. Also, your ride is a good example of why ebikes provide a platform that allows people to get out, go further, and see more sites than they normally would with a traditional analog bike.

I just got an email telling me my Rockstar was ready, but delivery has bee delayed another month. I.e. mid September. It said issues with Container Ships were causing problems. I have seen words on the news related to this.
Yes I had the same thing been waiting for eight months and then cancel the order

First post on the forum and going to jump on the “hurry up and wait” band wagon. Ordered slate Rockstar a month ago (just before the price went up). I’m in the Canadian prairies so February delivery means riding in way too cold temperatures anyways. I expect them to be delayed from there as well, so as long as I have it by early April, it’s riding season for me!
It will be my first ebike. Have to say, I’m sure like many, I spent countless hours researching over and over again about where to spend my money. The Rockstar seemed impossible to beat! Look forward to ordering all the goodies for it between now and then to customize and make it mine when it gets here.
One question for those who have it. I watched one video (simplepleasuremtb) who mentioned you could put 29.5 skinny tires on it. Will they fit? I would like to have a set of 29.5 ready to go as well when it shows up. Say in a 1.5” wide or so.

First post on the forum and going to jump on the “hurry up and wait” band wagon. Ordered slate Rockstar a month ago (just before the price went up). I’m in the Canadian prairies so February delivery means riding in way too cold temperatures anyways. I expect them to be delayed from there as well, so as long as I have it by early April, it’s riding season for me!
It will be my first ebike. Have to say, I’m sure like many, I spent countless hours researching over and over again about where to spend my money. The Rockstar seemed impossible to beat! Look forward to ordering all the goodies for it between now and then to customize and make it mine when it gets here.
One question for those who have it. I watched one video (simplepleasuremtb) who mentioned you could put 29.5 skinny tires on it. Will they fit? I would like to have a set of 29.5 ready to go as well when it shows up. Say in a 1.5” wide or so.
I’m in the same boat as you, gonna be too cold out in Alberta when I’m supposed to get mine so let it be late but not too late lol, we get lots of snow where I’m at and usually we’re still sledding in April so May would be just perfect for me. The stock front fork is a 29” size just not sure there would be the clearance in the rear for the extra 3/4” from center all around but it’s possible.I wanted to be ready as soon as possible so I just finished my parts list and everything is in my garage ready to be installed when I assemble the bike on arrival. Have some 740mm bars, short 35mm length stem, grips and pedals all in red. Also have a rockshox yari 170mm travel front fork and a rockshox monarch rt 200x57mm rear shock, some mud guards and a nicer saddle. I’m actually originally from Saskatoon, grew up around confederation and went to high school at Ed feehan 20 years ago

end of april? lol - knowing Sondors, you should consider yourself lucky if its ready by next summer.

end of april? lol - knowing Sondors, you should consider yourself lucky if its ready by next summer.
I figure 10 months from order date brings me to May, more than feesable considering the early original release delays were due to changing the bike components last minute, and shipping/COVID delays. Now the bike exists, people are riding them so should be only plagued by shipping/COVID issues now. I’m not expecting them to be close on the February ship date but late spring here should be realistic. But keep being super negative please, as it may scare some people off and convince them to cancel orders making mine possibly ship quicker 😂

lol - everyone is constrained so I feel your pain. It doesn't look like this is going to ease anytime soon either (2-3 years).

I figure 10 months from order date brings me to May, more than feesable considering the early original release delays were due to changing the bike components last minute, and shipping/COVID delays. Now the bike exists, people are riding them so should be only plagued by shipping/COVID issues now. I’m not expecting them to be close on the February ship date but late spring here should be realistic. But keep being super negative please, as it may scare some people off and convince them to cancel orders making mine possibly ship quicker 😂
Also my thoughts. Original delay after delay was a little bit Sondors and a whole lot of covid by the sounds of it. Obviously the backups everywhere are probably going to get worse before better. So February gets bumped back a bit. Totally out of Sondors control. I have no idea what it’s like down in the US but in Canada where I am, for ANY bike you want (minus some real china crap) it’s a long wait. From big name brand bike companies to any decent spec China bike, same story. A long wait!! If I’m going to wait, might as well be for exactly what I want.
And I totally agree haha the more people that cancel the order, the better for me!!

Also my thoughts. Original delay after delay was a little bit Sondors and a whole lot of covid by the sounds of it. Obviously the backups everywhere are probably going to get worse before better. So February gets bumped back a bit. Totally out of Sondors control. I have no idea what it’s like down in the US but in Canada where I am, for ANY bike you want (minus some real china crap) it’s a long wait. From big name brand bike companies to any decent spec China bike, same story. A long wait!! If I’m going to wait, might as well be for exactly what I want.
And I totally agree haha the more people that cancel the order, the better for me!!
I ordered the wife a Voltbike Yukon 750 step thru fat tire bike, took about 2 months from order date and that was quick compared to some other companies . Seems like a nice bike so far, I’ve ridden it a bit with my broken wrist and she’s put about 60km on it.

Not sure about the 4D chess around ordering, hopefully they are more transparent about their challenges, challenges btw, everyone is facing, so to be coy about it says more about them as a company in my book. I don't think anyone faults them for the supply chain constraints, they however are completely responsible for their response to it, which I don't think is debatable, was lacking at best.

Hope everyone gets their bikes because i for sure have N+1 going on and I have my dream ebike cruiser. I need a mtb, a road bike, a gravel bike, a tandem bike, a hauler bike etc.

Dave.....I like it that your avatar still has a great smile on its face. :)

Hope you're finding something to be that happy/greatful for. Undoubtedly you are close now.

Dave, my Rockstar delivery estimate is also 13-17 Sept. I purchased mine 12 Jan. 21. So, the shipping window begins two days from now. I hope it holds true.

Has anyone received a Rockstar? I am tempted to order but wanted to hear from a few owners first...
Go for.it. I bought 3. Just.have to wait. I looked at.alot.of.stuff. best deal for what they are. Out there.feb delivery time. Which means March to me. Good luck.

Dave, my Rockstar delivery estimate is also 13-17 Sept. I purchased mine 12 Jan. 21. So, the shipping window begins two days from now. I hope it holds true.
Hi, I just check my email again. My Rock Star has been postponed to mid October due to a shipping container shortage.🤨 I ordered in February. I hope this will be the last delay. Good luck with your’s.

Dave, I just checked my e-mail. Nothing from Sondors regarding a change in my delivery date(s) so far. Tomorrow is the 1st day of their estimated delivery date range for my order. Hope there are no further delays in yours.

Back