Rockstar owners

Can anyone with a rockstar report back the head tube length as marked in picture? I can't find this measurement online. Greatly appreciated.
Screenshot_20210528-163344_Chrome.jpg

It's about 6 and a quarter inches long which really close to 16 centimeters. This is a Leatherman scale

Attachments

• 20210529_064534.jpg
    20210529_064534.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 197
I just ordered a new set of mirrors that should be a big improvement. You really do need to see what's going on behind
for safety. These are non typical for bikes which are usually fixed in place bar mounts or end of the handlebar kind. These are folding mirrors meant for a dual sport motor cycle that will be able to
Rotate down and out of the way when not in use or on the trails. When they go up they stay in position and don't vibrate enough to where they become useless.
I'll post some pictures when they come in and give a report on whether they actually work but I expect they will. I’ve been going on shorter rides lately mostly using higher powered pedal assist and throttle especially when going down hill trying to stay around around 30 mph as much as possible because it's alot of fun to do.

New mirrors. These are FAR folding mirrors made for a dual sport motorcycle.
They work great on the Rockstar after I put some 3 inch extensions on the mirror
arms to get them out to the outside of the handlebars. You simply raise them and they open up to a fixed 45 degree angle when you don't need them they easily fold down out of the way. They are nice and solid and have about a 4 inch mirror surface.

Attachments

• 20210606_200937.jpg
    20210606_200937.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 20210606_200747.jpg
    20210606_200747.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
  • 20210606_200953.jpg
    20210606_200953.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 221
New mirrors. These are FAR folding mirrors made for a dual sport motorcycle.
They work great on the Rockstar after I put some 3 inch extensions on the mirror
arms to get them out to the outside of the handlebars. You simply raise them and they open up to a fixed 45 degree angle when you don't need them they easily fold down out of the way. They are nice and solid and have about a 4 inch mirror surface.
Thanks, any more with regards to how the bike is performing and holding up to use?
My shipping date has now been moved from late July to mid August.

Dave, you'll not be disappointed, waiting for a Rockstar is a hard thing to do, you'll have it soon enough, it's worth the wait. I'd suggest that you start thinking about what things you're going to add to it to to make it more usable for yourself. if you haven't done so already and then start bringing parts in now so they'll be ready to go when you start to use it. Mine's pretty much set up the way I want it to be right now. Something I have found out is that I will often forget to downshift into a lower gear before coming to a stop, usually at an intersection you can take off by hitting the throttle and pedaling at the same time to go across the street and it's not a problem and doesn't cause any issues. I'm sure the programming has been updated to protect the motor from being damaged otherwise I would have fried mine by now. Really the only time absolutely necessary to downshift is going up a long and or steep hill.

Dave, you'll not be disappointed, waiting for a Rockstar is a hard thing to do, you'll have it soon enough, it's worth the wait. I'd suggest that you start thinking about what things you're going to add to it to to make it more usable for yourself. if you haven't done so already and then start bringing parts in now so they'll be ready to go when you start to use it. Mine's pretty much set up the way I want it to be right now. Something I have found out is that I will often forget to downshift into a lower gear before coming to a stop, usually at an intersection you can take off by hitting the throttle and pedaling at the same time to go across the street and it's not a problem and doesn't cause any issues. I'm sure the programming has been updated to protect the motor from being damaged otherwise I would have fried mine by now. Really the only time absolutely necessary to downshift is going up a long and or steep hill.
Thanks, it good to get some positive reinforcement. The last thing I would want is to be disappointed after such a long wait.

Literally there is no better deal on the planet for a mountain bike..
Meaning there is no ebike can give you as much bang for the buck as the Rockstar $ 2850 delivered
And it kills me to say that cuz he tortured everyone in between with little or no company access.. no information or very little at best. His ownership and ruthless marketing care nothing about the people that put their money out but it did create a good product that first 10 to 12 months for all the buyers who paid in advance.
Terrible business practice terrible but he cashed out.
I will admit that the wait was stressful at times. I think that there was more than a few people that wished they had hung in and not canceled their order or made one in the first place. There were some that had no choice but to cancel because it was just too tall for them to use. The weight was kind of dissapointing at first but it wasn't really out of line with some of ebikes they had already made. I think that most of the promises were kept and I haven't really heard many people who own one saying bad things about them, it was mostly people who didn't have one that were talking smack about them. Here's an updated picture with all of the crappy stickers removed and some shrink wrap to cover up the threaded rod
on the mirror extensions.

Attachments

• 20210607_182718.jpg
    20210607_182718.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
Beautiful Lightning.

Do the stickers pull of clean? Or do you need to use gunk or orange oil etc?

I even pull the stiching out and remove tags from my work shorts and jackets. :)

Can you explain what needed fixing by the updated programing and what is now different.

There's not that much difference from the original factory settings it's more like fine tuning everything. Unlocking the speed to 35 mph doesn't really add much to the overall performance of the motor it's close to being topped out at 30 mph and if you are going slightly down hill continuously you can hit 35 occasionally.
Changing the pedal assist levels gives a wider range of usage but I haven't really determined whether or not it's an improvement. Changing the display to vibrate was definitely worth doing because you know instantly when making changes to the settings.

There's not that much difference from the original factory settings it's more like fine tuning everything. Unlocking the speed to 35 mph doesn't really add much to the overall performance of the motor it's close to being topped out at 30 mph and if you are going slightly down hill continuously you can hit 35 occasionally.
Changing the pedal assist levels gives a wider range of usage but I haven't really determined whether or not it's an improvement. Changing the display to vibrate was definitely worth doing because you know instantly when making changes to the settings.
Re: pedal assist levels
I'm staying with 5 because if you want max power you hit the button 4 times but with 9 you have to hit it 8 times

Thanks, any more with regards to how the bike is performing and holding up to use?
Not sure what to think. I got the same updates as you Dave, but in between I got one that said, good news, we expect to ship the week of June 14th ??? I ordered late October 2020. I called them, got voice mail, they never called back.

My original estimated shipping was twice delayed but it was delivered two weeks early from the second guess. In my opinion they are doing the best they can to give people who have ordered an ebike
the most accurate tracking information possible including updates that let you know that it's still on schedule.

I thought I'd give a fairly quick update on how things are going with the Rockstar.
I've got around 300 miles on it and have been riding it fairly hard. It keeps up with traffic in residential areas, it will do 35 mph with the right conditions going slightly down hill. I have been taking it up some super steep hills going up for 2-3 miles and I mean in super low gears with throttle and pedaling at the same time. I checked my chain for wear and it's at about 50%. I don't regret what I've been doing because it keeps me wanting to go out and continue riding, besides I already have another chain ready to go.
The suspension should be upgraded
to make it more trail worthy to me it seems like it's only about 1/2 way there. Simple Pleasures just did a front fork suspension upgrade to a Rockshox Yari rc for 500 bucks I think it
Will bring it back up to what it's supposed to be and that's a full suspension mountain bike. They're going to do a ride on the trails in the next day or so
I think that you'll want to want to see it.

Back