Rockstar owners

Ahh, thanks Lightning.

You guys going fast. :)

Taylor did you reprogram yours too? I thought they were capped at 28mph.

No, my CC is stock. I have been reading up on guys reprogramming and may consider but need to ride more and get a feel for the bike. My latest quest is finding a company that can add a hitch to my SUV and not screw it up. I want to take Sport and CC to the beach...

I finally took it for a decent ride yesterday as I was unable to ride due to a bug and horrible cough. I like it, right now my only complaints are the seat is not comfortable and I need to add my suspension stem to raise my handlebars and offer less of a hunched over ride. I think I am also going to let some air out of my rear shock and experiment with that. Lastly, I may consider the "Smooth" reprogramming of the Ultra motor but am going to ride it a bit more before I undertake that. I was able to get it to 38 on flat ground throttle only which is way too fast for this old fart!!
It sounds like you made a wise choice in getting a decent bike. A Sondors ebike won't go much over 30 mph with throttle since they put a canbus tune on it to make it a bit tamer, that's OK with me for now. I slso need to tune my suspension better It doesn't feel like it's doing as much as it should be. The Sondors bike is big and tall and fits me pretty well.

It sounds like you made a wise choice in getting a decent bike. A Sondors ebike won't go much over 30 mph with throttle since they put a canbus tune on it to make it a bit tamer, that's OK with me for now. I slso need to tune my suspension better It doesn't feel like it's doing as much as it should be. The Sondors bike is big and tall and fits me pretty well.
Yeah, I ordered the shock pump and my son added air to the rear shock and it feels a tad rigid. I was able to get my Topeak rack added so I can slip the Topeak on or off Sport or CC. My next mission is new grips for the CC that will allow me to add the Mirrcycle mirror. I would love to find a more comfortable seat as well in brown leather...

I think that overall they have a record of good quality, if you consider all of the other models over the last few years you would already know if there was a problem. So far mine has been flawless, I took it out after work yesterday for the second time and put 12 miles on it.
I totally agree with you

Mostly for riding around bike trails and residential streets I plan on hitting a few local trails for now and maybe doing more trail riding in the future. I think that it's ok to put on fenders, a rear rack, a headlight and a tailight on a mountain bike, it let's them be more versatile.
How's the taillight and front light you mounted on the bike, do you like them a lot? Also do they work with the brakes? Where'd you get them from and were they expensive?

The tail light is called Xlite I got it for about 17 bucks, the headlight is called Shenkey it was around 22 bucks. I got them both on Ebay but I'm sure you can get them on Amazon. They are both USB rechargeable, they both work good.

The tail light is called Xlite I got it for about 17 bucks, the headlight is called Shenkey it was around 22 bucks. I got them both on Ebay but I'm sure you can get them on Amazon. They are both USB rechargeable, they both work good.
Hello Lightning 123, glad you are enjoying your Rockstar, still waiting for mine. I wonder if you could share a stat with me. I would like to know the size of the rear shock. I already ordered a front fork and would like to get a shock in before the bike arrives. some stuff will have to wait till I can take measurements but I pulled upgraded parts from my Stumpjumper before I sold it and I plan to make this new bike what I want before the first ride. I am taking the weight of the bike into consideration as well as my riding style. Looks like it isn't arriving till July ???. original delivery estimate was February. These bike were priced well so we have the option to improve the platform and ditch the cheap stuff. I hope you keep updating and I will share when mine comes together. ; )

Hello Lightning 123, glad you are enjoying your Rockstar, still waiting for mine. I wonder if you could share a stat with me. I would like to know the size of the rear shock. I already ordered a front fork and would like to get a shock in before the bike arrives. some stuff will have to wait till I can take measurements but I pulled upgraded parts from my Stumpjumper before I sold it and I plan to make this new bike what I want before the first ride. I am taking the weight of the bike into consideration as well as my riding style. Looks like it isn't arriving till July ???. original delivery estimate was February. These bike were priced well so we have the option to improve the platform and ditch the cheap stuff. I hope you keep updating and I will share when mine comes together. ; )
I
I don't know that much about about the
shocks except to say that I don't like the way they perform I think they should be upgraded to where they can offer a better
Off road experience. I'll be looking at suggestions from people that know what to do with them. My current update is that I've had a Rockstar for about a week now and have put 82 miles on it so far. I
put a padded seat cover on it and that really helped to make riding it more comfortable. I pulled the mirrors off of it and consider them a complete failure, I'll be looking for something to replace them with soon.

Attachments

• 20210518_202336.jpg
    20210518_202336.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 194
I
I don't know that much about about the
shocks except to say that I don't like the way they perform I think they should be upgraded to where they can offer a better
Off road experience. I'll be looking at suggestions from people that know what to do with them. My current update is that I've had a Rockstar for about a week now and have put 82 miles on it so far. I
put a padded seat cover on it and that really helped to make riding it more comfortable. I pulled the mirrors off of it and consider them a complete failure, I'll be looking for something to replace them with soon.
Thanks Lightning123, I always use padded bicycle shorts under my outerwear so I can use a seat that allows movement (gel padded shorts). The 70 degree head angle I anticipate will feel sketchy on decent so looking for a fork I wanted a more forward offset, 51 vs 44 mm. I want stout so I opted for 38 mm tube size Fox 160 stroke unfortunately didn't come in 51mm offset. I believe the 36 mm version does. I will try to compensate with a 1 degree angle headset, fingers crossed. Air suspension carries the load, set the air to carry total load. balancing compression and rebound damping for the type of riding and confidence feeling takes care of the rest. That takes a heavily adjustable fork and shock. As you probably know they are pricy, so I want to get my best guess pretty close and then live with it. I will share here later when I get it done. I plan to get the same luggage rack as you did for occasional packing up. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the updates and riding experience Lightning. 38mph - wow. Nice! I'm still looking forward to mine arriving at the end of July.

I'm been having some fun riding around mostly on side streets that lead to bike/
walking trails. Lately I've been trying to increase my range by staying off of the throttle and setting pedal assist to about 40 percent power. A few days ago I rode about 38 miles on a single ride. When I got tired of pedaling I was able to throttle the rest of the way home with the exception of a 1/2 a mile steep grade that had to be pedaled but I was able to maintain 10 mph. Average speed was 15
to 20 mph which was a comfortable pace. The fastest I ever got was 43 mph going down the same hill that I had to go
up and that's when I started putting on the brakes.

Back