Rockstar owners

Some of these little problems and some large can usually be fixed very easily.
Just type your problem into You Tube and there are usually several video demonstrations available (free) to teach how to fix stuff, any stuff, bicycle and anything else you can think of.
I didnt drop 3k to buy a brand new bike, arrive with problems and then assume the responsibility of fixing the bike myself. I think its a machining error, in my original post I showed how the bearing doesnt sit evenly in its seat also a broken seat ring.

I hear you and feel bad for for you on this issue. It is one that obviously needs to be dealt with with under warranty.
Obviously your problem is one that can't be easily fixed by viewing a You Tube video.

There is a Sondors Facebook group that points out 'your comments and criticisms are not moderated and deleted like the other Sondors Facebook groups'. Or something like that. I'll find it later and add a link to this post.
That's very interesting. 🤔

In that facebook group there were other problems listed. Shipping company running forklift forks into a bike, two or more RockStars delivered with handlebar stem bolts so bent that they could not be installed properly.

Oh, lots of challenges getting support.

(Just as an after thought for anyone needing customer support and not getting through. I read numerous examples of that and was still ready to order an MXS as other bikes I wanted were not available. I didn't want to order online as I only wanted the bike if it was in stock and I would have it in a week or so for shipping time. So I phoned in an order - was talking to a very helpful soul in about a minute.)

Last edited:
In that facebook group there were other problems listed. Shipping company running forklift forks into a bike, two or more RockStars delivered with handlebar stem bolts so bent that they could not be installed properly.

Oh, lots of challenges getting support.

(Just as an after thought for anyone needing customer support and not getting through. I read numerous examples of that and was still ready to order an MXS as other bikes I wanted were not available. I didn't want to order online as I only wanted the bike if it was in stock and I would have it in a week or so for shipping time. So I phoned in an order - was talking to a very helpful soul in about a minute.)
Yes very interesting. I'll post on the FB page. I'm now going on 24hrs + without a reply. Seems they are having a flood of needs on support...doesn't point to a company with minimal issues.

I hop you get your issues resolved soon Rhino, I would have a 100 percent different opinion on things if I were in your shoes and that's for sure. I was able to put on the rest of the parts and pieces
That I had they went together very smoothly. A headlight, tail light, new fenders, and an alarm that fits perfectly on the seat tube.

Attachments

• 20210513_194320.jpg
    20210513_194320.jpg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 386
  • 20210513_194235.jpg
    20210513_194235.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 344
  • 20210513_194213.jpg
    20210513_194213.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 20210513_194152.jpg
    20210513_194152.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 361
  • 20210513_194130.jpg
    20210513_194130.jpg
    732.6 KB · Views: 2,465
I hop you get your issues resolved soon Rhino, I would have a 100 percent different opinion on things if I were in your shoes and that's for sure. I was able to put on the rest of the parts and pieces
That I had they went together very smoothly. A headlight, tail light, new fenders, and an alarm that fits perfectly on the seat tube.
Wow you've really turned that into a commuter, awesome. I'm strictly going to use it for mainly trail riding, so I might just upgrade the fork. When did you order you bike lightning? I'm trying to determine what month they're in for completing orders. Cheers

Lighting - You pretty much rigged your Rockstar exactly how I was planning! Can you please provide links to the front and rear fenders and the rear rack? Also, any tips and tricks for installing everything? Did you drill to install the rack? Great looking "do-everything" type setup!

It took eight months and 10 days, I'm told it's because of part shortages which looks like the problem isn't going away any time soon but Sondors was able to give me a firm estimated shipping
after a two month delay that was about 3 weeks early meaning they had a pretty good idea about when they were going to get the order. I'd also assume that they are now in a position to increase production at a faster rate as long as the supply chain stays good.

Lighting - You pretty much rigged your Rockstar exactly how I was planning! Can you please provide links to the front and rear fenders and the rear rack? Also, any tips and tricks for installing everything? Did you drill to install the rack? Great looking "do-everything" type setup!
Do a search on eBay for: SKS beavertail fenders I believe you can get them for 25 bucks OBO so you can offer a couple dollars less and probably be able to get them. They were pretty much a straight bolt on however I needed to get them warmed up with a hair dryer for about 10 minutes to soften them up and then step on them to make them wider. The front fender needed a shim between the fork and the fender bracket to even it out with the tire. The rear rack is a tetra m-2. The rear bag is a Topeak mtx. It's designed to slide onto the rack and clicks into place. The rack mounts onto the rear swing arm with velcro fasteners that work extremely well. It needs to be mounted as far back as possible otherwise it will be too close to the seat.
I also recommend the Rocbros Kickstand
You can't beat it for the price of 20 bucks
It's barely big enough to fit on the massive lower frame but it does, just make sure to put as far back as possible.
That's alot of info if you have any questions just go ahead and ask.

Wow you've really turned that into a commuter, awesome. I'm strictly going to use it for mainly trail riding, so I might just upgrade the fork. When did you order you bike lightning? I'm trying to determine what month they're in for completing orders. Cheers
Mostly for riding around bike trails and residential streets I plan on hitting a few local trails for now and maybe doing more trail riding in the future. I think that it's ok to put on fenders, a rear rack, a headlight and a tailight on a mountain bike, it let's them be more versatile.

Great picture and upgrades, your patience paid off.

Those are some great videos, my suspension does need some adjustments. I'll be looking into that pretty soon. Another thing that I need to
change is the seat, it looks great but has very little padding on it. I ordered a seat cover to make it more comfortable. I'm
Thinking about removing the mirrors, they look good but don't function very well.

Mostly for riding around bike trails and residential streets I plan on hitting a few local trails for now and maybe doing more trail riding in the future. I think that it's ok to put on fenders, a rear rack, a headlight and a tailight on a mountain bike, it let's them be more versatile.
Absolutely. That is great. How you finding the weight? I've ridden a 65 pound downhill bike in the past and remember being super confident on that machine, it could handle anything (bigger suspension mind you) but the weight didn't bother me at all going down hill. I'm hoping the extra 20 pounds on the rockstar will not bother me🤞

Back