Rockstar owners

That's fine.

Lots of good tidbits of information from all the various videos and etc. You get a whole different experience watching the video of that yellow Rockstar as he rides it as opposed to the guys video as he followed it.

Ahh, thanks for that on Ebikes USA. Surprising no Sondors listing on their webpage.

I just did a search on Google for Sondors Rockstar and the order page came up.
They are just releasing it. the positive reviews are coming in, people are going to start ordering them right now. My guess is the second run of Elite ebikes
Is going to be coming out sooner and is going to be way bigger than the first run was.

In my initial investigation of MY idea of an ebike, for my geography and current circumstance, the Rockstar was leading the way.
I looked at Frey, Biktrix and Rize. As the market and supply chain narrowed. I made a decision to buy the Rize RX. Because it was available and delivered in two days. Just before Christmas.
As I read through this painful thread, so aware of those waiting for their hoped for Uber bike. I am truly hopeful the Rockstar delivers.
is delivered, and is delivered somewhat close to advertised. I’m sure you all are on tenterhooks.
I’m very happy with my bike. Hope to see happiness as the Rockstar arrives.
Best wishes!

Is Ebike USA a dealer for Sondors?
Yes - sort of. They aren't an official dealer, they just buy SONDORS bikes directly and re-sell them in their shop. They have a markup that covers assembly, fitting, and they honor the warranty so you don't have to deal with SONDORS support if something breaks.

I think they just have the two Rockstars so far, which they're going to be keeping at the shop as display models.

When researching which bike to buy, I a video of somebody changing the max speed on their Bafang-driven bike (I'm pretty sure it was the same G510/M620 motor) and it changed the display to indicate 1500W instead of 750W. The difference was seen in the circular wattage gauge in the center which displayed watts where these Sondors bikes seem to display speed. I recognize that it didn't explicitly indicate that the power output was changed but it did change the max wattage on the display, so at least the scale of that gauge was adjusted. I looked around a bit and unfortunately couldn't locate that video again.
I wanted to follow up on this because I actually found the video that I was thinking of. Take it at face value considering that it's a different bike with a different controller but it is the same motor. In the video you'll see the gauge changing from 750W to 1500W with just the speed limit setting changed. There's some conflicting information in that the gauge goes from 750 to 1500 while the title and description indicates it's a change from 750 to 1000. The video comes from the group selling the bikes so that adds a bit of credibility.

They (eBikes USA) aren't an official dealer, they just buy SONDORS bikes directly and re-sell them in their shop. They have a markup that covers assembly, fitting, and they honor the warranty so you don't have to deal with SONDORS support if something breaks.
I purchased a Fold XS from Ventura Beach E-Bike in Ventura CA who rents and sell Sondors ebikes.

Yes - sort of. They aren't an official dealer, they just buy SONDORS bikes directly and re-sell them in their shop. They have a markup that covers assembly, fitting, and they honor the warranty so you don't have to deal with SONDORS support if something breaks.

I think they just have the two Rockstars so far, which they're going to be keeping at the shop as display models.

Ahhh, great to understand what is going on there. Thank you.

I wanted to follow up on this because I actually found the video that I was thinking of. Take it at face value considering that it's a different bike with a different controller but it is the same motor. In the video you'll see the gauge changing from 750W to 1500W with just the speed limit setting changed. There's some conflicting information in that the gauge goes from 750 to 1500 while the title and description indicates it's a change from 750 to 1000. The video comes from the group selling the bikes so that adds a bit of credibility.
There was another video saying you could change the actual controller amps on the LCD within a 10 number variable, from about 19 to 29, but I don't see that option anywhere.

While I'm waiting for a Rockstar in slate to come I wanted to get riding with some ebike. My first choice as a fill in is not available either and renting is both expensive at $100 a day and inconvenient to coordinate with store hours etc. So today I ordered a Sondors MXS.

Can't wait to have an ebike at my beck and call.

Edit: The guy who helped me put my order in shared that he just got a Rockstar that he ordered back in Sept. Said he put it together but hadn't ridden yet because he's been working. Tomorrow is his big day. I'm excited for him.

Last edited:
While I'm waiting for a Rockstar in slate to come I wanted to get riding with some ebike. My first choice as a fill in is not available either and renting is both expensive at $100 a day and inconvenient to coordinate with store hours etc. So today I ordered a Sondors MXS.

Can't wait to have an ebike at my beck and call.

Edit: The guy who helped me put my order in shared that he just got a Rockstar that he ordered back in Sept. Said he put it together but hadn't ridden yet because he's been working. Tomorrow is his big day. I'm excited for him.
The MXS is still a good Ebike I have the fold XS it has the same motor but they upped the controller from 20amps to 25 for your Ebike so it will be even more zippy than mine.
The throttle action is great, it's also lighter at about 66 lbs verses 83 lbs. for the Rockstar. For $1699 you can't go wrong, especially if they have stock and you don't have to wait.

Thanks for your perspective. The MXS does sound like a fun ride, I'm looking forward to it. All the great trips around me keep going through my mind.

I called and wanted to order in person to make sure one was in stock and would ship from CA this next week. (When getting the ok from my wife she said you have 4 on order already and you want to order another one? I gjuess I have been talking about them too much and she isn't tracking it all very well.)

Thanks for your perspective. The MXS does sound like a fun ride, I'm looking forward to it. All the great trips around me keep going through my mind.

I called and wanted to order in person to make sure one was in stock and would ship from CA this next week. (When getting the ok from my wife she said you have 4 on order already and you want to order another one? I gjuess I have been talking about them too much and she isn't tracking it all very well.)
You have 5 Ebikes on order?

No, my wife experiences it as that. I have a Rockstar and Pedego Ridge Rider on longer term order. And just ordered the MXS which should arrive next week.

Back