Roadster V3

BigNerd

New version is out:

Electrek article:

I like the 10-speed version.

New version is out:

Electrek article:

I like the 10-speed version.
Pulled the trigger on one of these today, black 10 spd low step (sorry) have been looking for something lightweight that I could carry on my RV that is not a drop bar, doesn’t have O-rig tires and without the high bar, my Vado is getting heavy to haul around… seems to be priced well for its specs….. we will see

Pulled the trigger on one of these today, black 10 spd low step (sorry) have been looking for something lightweight that I could carry on my RV that is not a drop bar, doesn’t have O-rig tires and without the high bar, my Vado is getting heavy to haul around… seems to be priced well for its specs….. we will see
Have fun, and looking forward to a report. I now mostly ride my traditional bikes, and sometimes my CF Racer, but do miss my Roadster v2 that I sold. It was a great and reliable bike, but I limit myself to N=4 bikes 😁

Have fun, and looking forward to a report. I now mostly ride my traditional bikes, and sometimes my CF Racer, but do miss my Roadster v2 that I sold. It was a great and reliable bike, but I limit myself to N=4 bikes 😁
I with you there, it’s a disease without a vaccine, my wife said I couldn’t ride a but one bike at a time and I told her you can only wear one pair of shoes at a time…….. I think it’s a good bike for the price, what sold me was the torque sensor and a removable 360wh battery, I’ll probably buy another battery when they arrive in November that would get me 720wh on a 44 lb bike

I with you there, it’s a disease without a vaccine, my wife said I couldn’t ride a but one bike at a time and I told her you can only wear one pair of shoes at a time……..
Voice of experience: When your wife accuses you of buying too many of a favorite toy, nothing good can come of bringing her shoes into it.

Please let us know how it is.

If I didn't already have a Solterra.2 I would get one of these too. Maybe I should sell the Aventon.
I received the roadster v3, good news and bad news, good news first,
Very fast shipping, ordered on September 13 in the afternoon, left on my porch the morning of the 17th. Box was in great shape, packed very well. Easy assembly, had a small issue putting the front fender on, not a big deal, probably would need to get the front wheel trued, said they would cover it. No adjustments needed on the drivetrain, rotors are true. I noticed that there is no motor disconnect at the wheel if I’m looking at it right. I have a Redshift seat post which adds 3” to minimum seat height, even though this is a low step, the minimum height is 36 with seat post ,I’m 5’6 ,35/36 is my normal seat height. I rode the bike 3 miles to seat brakes , the bike pulls great good power , sensor is seamless, could not tell much difference between it and my Vado… motor is silent, cannot hear it, not much when pushed hard.

Now the bad news, I came back in and removed the battery to see how light it is… no problem ,when I put the battery back in it would not click in place .. tried it several times… got down on the floor to see what was wrong. The mechanism has a door like tapered pin that drops down when you remove battery, when you reinstall the battery it pushes this pin up and drops into the latch much like a door. Well the pin is not dropping down. I put pressure on it for awhile and finally got it to drop to install battery, sent a short video this is one reason I bought it , because of this on the 19th I decided to return it. Went through all the steps to return and repacked back in original box , so far have not heard any info on RMA. Will update

Very fast shipping, ordered on September 13 in the afternoon, left on my porch the morning of the 17th. Box was in great shape, packed very well. Easy assembly, had a small issue putting the front fender on, not a big deal, probably would need to get the front wheel trued, said they would cover it. No adjustments needed on the drivetrain, rotors are true. I noticed that there is no motor disconnect at the wheel if I’m looking at it right. I have a Redshift seat post which adds 3” to minimum seat height, even though this is a low step, the minimum height is 36 with seat post ,I’m 5’6 ,35/36 is my normal seat height. I rode the bike 3 miles to seat brakes , the bike pulls great good power , sensor is seamless, could not tell much difference between it and my Vado… motor is silent, cannot hear it, not much when pushed hard.

Now the bad news, I came back in and removed the battery to see how light it is… no problem ,when I put the battery back in it would not click in place .. tried it several times… got down on the floor to see what was wrong. The mechanism has a door like tapered pin that drops down when you remove battery, when you reinstall the battery it pushes this pin up and drops into the latch much like a door. Well the pin is not dropping down. I put pressure on it for awhile and finally got it to drop to install battery, sent a short video this is one reason I bought it , because of this on the 19th I decided to return it. Went through all the steps to return and repacked back in original box , so far have not heard any info on RMA. Will update

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpeg
    IMG_3010.jpeg
    981.7 KB · Views: 69

Bummer. I’ve had a different brand e-bike that had a similar fit/tolerance issue with the battery, but was able to get it to work well enough. And after a while, the mechanism loosened up, and I found the consistent way that it worked reliably.

Would you even have to remove the battery that much? Can you not store inside? Most e-bikes aren’t really meant for constant battery removal.

Sure does looks like a nice bike, and priced right.

Bummer. I’ve had a different brand e-bike that had a similar fit/tolerance issue with the battery, but was able to get it to work well enough. And after a while, the mechanism loosened up, and I found the consistent way that it worked reliably.

Would you even have to remove the battery that much? Can you not store inside? Most e-bikes aren’t really meant for constant battery removal.

You are correct PSm, this is a great bike for the price, I could buy 5 of them for what I have in my other bike, and it is 20 lbs lighter with battery, I would be using it mainly in the RV, sometimes we are on the road 5 or six weeks at a time and several stops, I have 30 days to decide what to do

You are correct PSm, this is a great bike for the price, I could buy 5 of them for what I have in my other bike, and it is 20 lbs lighter with battery, I would be using it mainly in the RV, sometimes we are on the road 5 or six weeks at a time and several stops, I have 30 days to decide what to do

I actually fixed the problem this evening,don’t know why I didn’t do it before, I put the bike upside down and got my shop light and my glasses and found the issue, there was a metal burr on the end of the latch pin. I filed it off and put a little dry lube around the latch..problem solved..battery locks back in like it’s supposed to. Takes care of the bad news

I actually fixed the problem this evening,don’t know why I didn’t do it before, I put the bike upside down and got my shop light and my glasses and found the issue, there was a metal burr on the end of the latch pin. I filed it off and put a little dry lube around the latch..problem solved..battery locks back in like it’s supposed to. Takes care of the bad news
Took the bike on a 21 mile ride, enjoyed it very much, bike is smooth and not a harsh as I thought it might be, ran about 50 psi, tire are good, ran on gravel for a mile or so traction was good, probably will go tubeless, I’ll be in Florida in October (hopefully) to test these tires on sand trails before changing (these tires are $88 apiece)
Having to relearn changing gears , ride was in a very hilly area, finding myself in the wrong gear a lot… been using the Enviolo auto shift for the past 2 1/2 years, used all pas modes and some throttle, was surprised that I still had 65% on battery ,a great ride, should be on you short list if looking for a lighter bike. Will not be riding for a few days, this hurricane will still be a tropical storm all the way into north Georgia,doesn’t happen often, maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 30 years

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    970.8 KB · Views: 28
Back